Author Topic: Banned for unintentional disconnection. (Lagged out)  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
Banned for unintentional disconnection. (Lagged out)
« on: June 06, 2012, 12:20:32 AM »
Name: Atticat
RP Name (at time of ban): Leuthen Suvorov
STEAM ID:STEAM_0:1:36509643

Reason: Disconnecting during a conversation (not confrontation) with Civil Protection units.
Length: Perma I believe
Server:HL2RP (City)
Banner:Don't know

Why should you be unbanned?: Well, I had just joined the CWU and was having a blast of a night when people started to crowd around my store. I was there for a while and had a couple chats with officers. I was talking to one when my pc lost connection. I logged back on as fast as I could (genuinely about 3-4 minutes), but I was already banned.

I selected a character that wasn't banned and went into the server to find an admin, but the players in OOC chat told me that the last admin had logged off for the night, and after failing to use /admin I left the server.

Possible evidence of misunderstanding: There were multiple people on the server when it happened. Many of them saw what happened and can vouch for me. Many members in the CCA itself would (hopefully) vouch for my dedication to serious RP and the server.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: I'm terribly sorry for originally posting in an incorrect format...long day hehe.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:45:06 PM by Atticat »

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Banned for unintentional disconnection. (Lagged out)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 12:56:52 AM »
Use the correct format please.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Banned for unintentional disconnection. (Lagged out)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
From the looks of this it was a PK, not a server ban. This section of the forums is for server bans, PK (Permanant kill) appeals go in the following section, with their own format: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?board=155.0

Add me on steam and I will get this sorted out for you. It sounds like this was just a regular glitch in OA, in where you lose the whitelist for your character, thus automatically PKing it. The way you describe the situation implies there was no reason for a administrator to Pk you. If my memory is not a little fuzzy you and the administrator must also be on the server for a PK to take place.

I will be leaving this thread in Ban Appeals for 24 hours, to give you a chance to see this message before I move it over to TK/PK appeals.

Edit: Situation has been resolved.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:14:39 PM by Monkey with a gun »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal