Author Topic: Is minecraft worth it?  (Read 11596 times)

Offline Cryte

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Is minecraft worth it?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 10:35:26 AM »
I only bought Minecraft about a week ago and I love it. The mods for it as well are just great though it is a little expensive.

Offline Benler

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 12:30:52 PM »
You'll get lots of fun out of it, but eventually you'll hit the point where you can't stand to play it anymore. It gets very boring after you've done everything.

Offline Elmos INC.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 02:34:26 AM »
Minecraft is worth it because its a sandbox game you can make anything your mind can imagine Im sure if you were to watch minecraft comintators on youtube you would love the game by just watching them play it
Elmos   :D

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 06:38:14 AM »
Multiplayer is really where it's at. If you find a decent community, you can spend hours of fun messing around and working on projects with friends. I found singleplayer getting really lonely after a few sessions.
o7

Offline N.k

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 11:14:24 AM »
I agree with Yankee.  Minecraft is a game where single player gets boring after a while!  Multiplayer is fun when you have a friend to play it with.
Spoiler for Hiden:
:D

Offline Alm

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »
Well Minecraft worth buying it if you are creative and like to build stuff, and are patient to get all the things you need to make it.

Offline Pepper??¢

• C17.CCA.S3.716
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 04:01:14 AM »
Buy Terraria :D better overview and allot more options :D
Hl2rp Characters:

James Newtown - Alive ( Outlands )
Mike Jensen - Alive ( CWU )
Sarah Laruasen - Dead "Grid OfC Broke her neck"

Zeko Jilly - Alive ( City 45 )
C45.CCA.GRID.716 - 04 - Alive (Nexus)

Offline N.k

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 04:35:59 PM »
Minecraft is extremely worth it, one of the best games I've ever played.  If you get bored you download mods/play multiplayer.  If you think the game looks bad go get a texture pack.  If you wanna play half life 2 roleplay...go play Gmod.

Offline tdabamf1

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2012, 01:53:44 PM »
Well, ofcourse it's worth it. I've bought minecraft two years ago, and I never really been bored of it. Maybe there's months where I stop playing for a while, but I get right back into it, which doesn't happen to me a lot since I get bored of games quickly. Minecraft is a game that could be highly modded, sort've like GMOD but way different. It's fun since you could make buildings, survive with friends (VERY FUN), and just screw around and blow up cities with TNT.
tl;dr It's an awesome game that you don't get bored of, worth the 30 bucks. GET IT!

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2012, 08:37:54 AM »
Well, ofcourse it's worth it. I've bought minecraft two years ago, and I never really been bored of it. Maybe there's months where I stop playing for a while, but I get right back into it, which doesn't happen to me a lot since I get bored of games quickly. Minecraft is a game that could be highly modded, sort've like GMOD but way different. It's fun since you could make buildings, survive with friends (VERY FUN), and just screw around and blow up cities with TNT.
tl;dr It's an awesome game that you don't get bored of, worth the 30 bucks. GET IT!

When I compare MC and Garry's mod price, I cannot say MC is worth it.

Offline {DGAF} zallzool

• DGAF Erryday
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2012, 03:57:25 AM »
I bought minecraft about two years ago,  back in indev.  I have spent countless hours on it since then and the 30$ is totally worth it.  However, after a while of constant play every day, it does get repetitive for me, so I take breaks for a few months usually.

Offline Stealth Effect98

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 01:53:49 AM »
This is a very good game for those who like survival and RPG-like playstyle. There are many features in the game that make it stand out. Just be ready to get irritated, because some of the enemies are a little overpowered and generally annoying. Like the Creepers for instance, they crawl up to you and explode. That is so annoying when you have many good items on you and if you have a map then you just lost something that may help with maybe the whole playthrough. Other than the enemies, though, Minecraft has many clever ways of crafting items and even NPC's you can trade and villages you can find and live in.

Offline tdabamf1

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2012, 02:30:17 AM »
^ that post is a necropost. Please don't bump 2 week old post, it's a rule.

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 02:34:28 AM »
Multiplayer is really where it's at. If you find a decent community, you can spend hours of fun messing around and working on projects with friends. I found singleplayer getting really lonely after a few sessions.
Don't forget pranking people :P
I spend an hour waiting for someone to confirm going to sleep without causing suspicion, then I fucked around with his entire place lmao

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 02:38:59 AM »
I can't say I enjoy the current version of Minecraft. I really liked it back in the 1.6 Beta. I played on an old community's server, with only about fifty people who played on it regularly. We had a few different factions, made cities, raided eachother, and had good times. I loved it back then. Now it's just a clusterfuck of who can get better enchantments and potions.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal