Author Topic: Weird server connect error  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Creepy Toaster in the Corner

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Weird server connect error
« on: May 10, 2012, 08:49:20 AM »
For some reason, i have to connect  to the city server exactly 3 times for it to connect. I know it's exactly 3 because I've connected like 20 times after it's happened. It doesn't do this for the outlands server or any other server on gmod. It's probably because my computer is derping out, but it's really getting annoying.

The error is:
ERROR: Reliable Snapshot overflow (or something like that)

P.S.
I've heard this is do to too many mods, but I only have 3 (adv dupe, wiremod, and more nps)

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Weird server connect error
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:00:40 AM »
Reliable snapshot overflow is error occuring to many people who are trying to join, while there is big amount of entites (props, items, etc.) spawned on the map. Nobody can do anything to solve this error, we all have to wait for Gmod 13, where RSO is fixed.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 10:10:25 AM »
For some reason, i have to connect  to the city server exactly 3 times for it to connect. I know it's exactly 3 because I've connected like 20 times after it's happened. It doesn't do this for the outlands server or any other server on gmod. It's probably because my computer is derping out, but it's really getting annoying.

The error is:
ERROR: Reliable Snapshot overflow (or something like that)

P.S.
I've heard this is do to too many mods, but I only have 3 (adv dupe, wiremod, and more nps)

It won't always be three times, trust me. When the server starts to get full, people can be trying to connect for over an hour and they just get constant RSOs(Reliable Snapshot Overflow).

Reliable snapshot overflow is error occuring to many people who are trying to join, while there is big amount of entites (props, items, etc.) spawned on the map. Nobody can do anything to solve this error, we all have to wait for Gmod 13, where RSO is fixed.

this ^

Offline John

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 08:38:18 PM »
It's probally because too many people are joing the server.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal