Author Topic: Elder scrolls online?  (Read 10527 times)

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Elder scrolls online?
« on: May 04, 2012, 01:18:47 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6m9-Dret0U" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6m9-Dret0U</a>

It has been announced recently that an Elder Scrolls MMO is being developed by ZeniMax studios online. So far the few things that have been revealed is that it is set 1000 years before skyrim, it is set across the entire land of Tamriel (ohhh :3) and there will be 3 factions. Just wondering what any of you other fans of the elder scrolls series think about this?

So far it seems that lots of people is mad that its an MMO, guessing some people need to have their games first person hack'n'slash or run'n'gun, personal choice I guess :P Personally I don't mind MMOs and I like the series so I am looking forward to seeing where this goes.
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Elder scrolls online?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:33:38 PM »
oh god, i need to change, i just shat and jizzed. WEHERE CAN I BUY IT?!

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 01:45:40 PM »

It has been announced recently that an Elder Scrolls MMO is being developed

Looking forward to this, i always wondered how a game that big would have been with multiplayer or atleast co-op. I remember someone tried to make a co-op mod for Skyrim but cant remember how far they are now.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 01:52:24 PM »
HO LY SHIT! Will be my new dragon shout... This is making me shake from excitement... NEEEEED... DEVELOP NOOOOOW
im bach

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 02:44:50 PM »

It has been announced recently that an Elder Scrolls MMO is being developed

Looking forward to this, i always wondered how a game that big would have been with multiplayer or atleast co-op. I remember someone tried to make a co-op mod for Skyrim but cant remember how far they are now.

You are talking about skyrim-online.com?  They are waiting for the guy that does the server side work to get back from vacation, then they will be close to done.

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
I've been a TES fan for a long long time, now, and I figured they would probably make something like this a long time ago, but I am still surprised and extremely excited whilst reading this.
I can't wait.

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 07:13:22 PM »

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 02:37:20 PM »
If you want to ruin a good game you might as well make it an MMO

I'm a life-time TES fan and I think anyone else who is agrees with me

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 02:42:47 PM »

Yea, I think it will be full of stupid.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »

I have been playing since Daggerfall and I can see why this would look like an entirely different  game seing as how traditionally the elder scrolls are first person games and traditionally MMOs are mousey-clickey third person games. But who is to say they won't stick with the good 'ol first person aspects. If not then it will only appeal to friends of MMOs who still like to delve into the lore of the elder scrolls (Quite a small group :P)

But I don' think this will ruin the series as it is just a spin off game (unless you were suggesting that the series is already ruined) and Bethesda will still be making the "traditional" Elder scrolls games.
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 01:46:25 AM »
As long as it plays like any Elder scrolls game, just with multiplayer added, I'd be fine. If it turns out like LoL/WoW/SWTOR I will be pissed.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Taylor

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 12:06:06 AM »
I cant wait to play this, but I hope its not like WoW or SW KOTOR

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 12:28:55 AM »

I have been playing since Daggerfall and I can see why this would look like an entirely different  game seing as how traditionally the elder scrolls are first person games and traditionally MMOs are mousey-clickey third person games. But who is to say they won't stick with the good 'ol first person aspects. If not then it will only appeal to friends of MMOs who still like to delve into the lore of the elder scrolls (Quite a small group :P)

But I don' think this will ruin the series as it is just a spin off game (unless you were suggesting that the series is already ruined) and Bethesda will still be making the "traditional" Elder scrolls games.

Funny part is, I like playing my elderscrolls games in 3rd person, cause I see how cool they are at being the badass that I play them to be.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 05:59:09 AM »
Quote from:  from Blackfur
Funny part is, I like playing my elderscrolls games in 3rd person, cause I see how cool they are at being the badass that I play them to be.

I agree, I love the third person perspective to the game.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 09:23:59 AM »
oh god kmp do you really think that if they make an MMO they will stick to the normal elder scrolls kind of gameplay

And panda I respect you for playing Daggerfall +1

add on steam

Okay and if they actually do make it into an MMO they're really going to fuck it up, the lore just does not suit an MMO. We will have petite dark elves running around with pink streaks in there hair talking about how sexual they are and then all the sudden a WILD SEYDA NEEN/GOLDSHIRE appears and the cyber begins...

I really hope this doesn't end up like retail WoW

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal