Author Topic: UU.C45-BREENMACHINE.59301's Authorization Application  (Read 1667 times)

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
UU.C45-BREENMACHINE.59301's Authorization Application
« on: April 18, 2012, 10:20:27 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Psycho644
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): ~4 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: ~4 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A vending machine that dispenses a variety of Breen water cans, from the regular blue Breen water, to the red Breen water, and on very rare occasion, the yellow Breen water (labeled: Special Breen Water).

Name: UU.C45-BREENMACHINE.59301
Affiliation: Combine

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
My character was manufactured in the year 2012, in the Citadel of City 17. Upon being manufactured with thousands of his brothers and sisters, they were all loaded up with drinks, and sent off to an individual city. Some of his brothers were sent to City 16, City 29, but him and his brother, UU.C45-BREENMACHINE.59368, were sent to City 45. He first arrived, he was shipped into the nexus. He sat in a storage room for quite some time. A lot of people in masks passed by every now and then, but didn't pay much attention to him. After a little while of sitting in the nexus, he was finally put out onto the streets. He noticed his brother over by the train station doors, close to District Two. He, however, was put right by the CCH.

After that, the days for 59301 were long and hard. Constantly spitting out drinks for those who put money into him, and sometimes when he'd have a bad day, he'd retain their change, and withstand a brutal kick or two, but 59301 wouldn't give in. He'd keep their drink. A lot of citizens in City 45 have a saying, "If vending machines could talk, they'd tell quite a story," well that's definitely true in this case. Countless years of sitting in the same spot in City 45, seeing countless deaths, beatings, detainments. This vending machine could right a two thousand page epic from the things he's seen. Every day he'd be refilled with new drinks, and every day he'd spit them out for citizens. It began to become tedious, but he knew that was the life of a vending machine, and he was living up to the family name.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Lots of breen water.
Better armor than the average citizen.
In-human (meaning I don't have to eat, drink, socialize, etc.)
Drink dispensing attributes.
Very heavy weight.

Defects
Unable to move on my own.
Unable to talk or request assistance.
Constantly working.
Very vulnerable to an armed person.
Unable to defend myself.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Roleplay as a vending machine so people can, instead of just mashing E on a prop, actually roleplay getting their drink, and drinking it.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Yes, Bear, who will be roleplaying as UU.C45-BREENMACHINE.59368, my brother. He was manufactured around the same time as 59301, which is why their digits are similar.

STEAM_0:1:18984209

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
All I'd need is the Vending Machine model, and an inventory full of Breen water.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:46:31 PM by Psydog »
game over

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: UU.C45-BREENMACHINE.59301's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:26:02 AM »
Never in a million years would I think someone would app for a vending machine.

But if he's willing to passive as it, and rather WANTS to, I think it could lead to some hilarious roleplay, such as vending machine malfunction, robbing the vending machine, ect.

It's pretty cool of him to even want to :3

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 11:01:15 AM »
This is very creative.. I love the fact that people want to be vending machines.. The RP would be nice to see and I think we would be the first community that would of ever had it. I support the idea and I think it would work well..

hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 11:05:17 AM »
This is very creative.. I love the fact that people want to be vending machines.. The RP would be nice to see and I think we would be the first community that would of ever had it. I support the idea and I think it would work well..

Actually I did this at TnB like three years back.
game over

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 05:03:36 PM »
Authorization Declined

We went over this very same thing a few months back when (I think?) Renegade Awesome made an application for a vending machine character on C-18. I cannot remember all the reasons for the decline but i remember being strictly against it.

First of all: His 'brother'? Vending Machines are not built with a AI, the most likely scenario is that the combine diddn't build any vending machines at all, but rather reused and repainted the current millions spread around the earth. The Combine may be a supeior race but that doesn't mean they would waste valuable resources (Note - the entire reason they invaded earth in the first place) on creating vending machines with intelligence.

But lets put that fact aside and assume you only put that in to give your "Backstory" a few extra lines. Purple mentions that he could see good roleplay come from this, and personally i disagree with that entirely. Everything that you could offer can already be done, having a player acting as a vending machine isn't going to make those who want actually roleplay getting water, roleplay it, why? Because if somebody actually wanted to roleplay fetching water from a vending machine in the first place, they would happily do it with an idle prop, you being a vending machine isn't going to change their mind.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal