Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] Power blackout.  (Read 7747 times)

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[SUGGESTION] Power blackout.
« on: April 11, 2012, 12:31:07 PM »
hi D:
Something similiar to this event has already happened (when I was online) about month and few days ago. There was an exogen breach, followed by power blackout - whole city went down. This was really interesting event. My idea is similiar - just without the exogen breach as the CCA was recently wiped, it could fail.

So the idea is, to begin with power blackout. Units outside of Nexus get locked outside, units inside Nexus get locked inside. All CCA divisions are included in this roleplay:
VICE: Resume the power supply or turn on secondary power generators and let the units to move around Nexus at least.
SHIELD: Few units have been injured. Fallen on stairs, or even over railing. Stumbled on staircase.
JURY: Power blackout causes citizens to a) panic b) incite a small riot probably, as there are few CCA's outside.

Citizens have plenty of RP options to do while this. As mentioned above, the riot. They may try to break into buildings, meaning Diordna (glass window) or even RDT.

This event would be greatly extendable.
1) If even radio power supply fails, it would be even better (or worse :D)
2) Power blackout may be caused for example by surge in these high voltage cables hanging in Plaza. One may fall down onto ground.
3) Water cleaners may get out of order, making the water poisonous / disgusting => unusable.
4) OTA may be involved in as well (riot, units locked in Nexus - no help, breaking into buildings = no sociostability, supplies delivery etc.)

This is purely my idea. If someone could setup day/night script and set the map really to night, it would be GREAT immersion. Plus some ambient music = LOVE.

Tell me your opinions. I am open for constructive comments.

Offline [WDZ] LavaLord4

• w h a t
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [SUGGESTION] Power blackout.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 11:10:16 PM »
I think this would be a GREAT event, but maybe with a few additional CCA Class things happening.

ZEALOT: Keeping all the RCTs calm inside the nexus.
The UUs: Somehow taking advantage of this to harm or weed out rebels in the Citizens.

And more, like the Consul giving a speech on the steps or something like that.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 11:27:18 PM »
I don't like the day/night scipt thing you said. As some people have their own lights, that are connected to a battery, and have nothing to do with the city power. Other than that, I +Support this event because last time it was done (A few months back) it was amazing. It really was interesting to be immersed in a different type of event.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 12:41:48 AM »
I like the idea of citizens attempting to break into the RDT. IAlso, maybe for the units locked outside, they barricade themselves inside the trainstation?

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 01:28:15 AM »
I like the idea of citizens attempting to break into the RDT. IAlso, maybe for the units locked outside, they barricade themselves inside the trainstation?

But how will they break into the RDT if it is locked shut with no power to open it? JOHN GASBY TO THE RESCUE

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 04:48:02 AM »

But how will they break into the RDT if it is locked shut with no power to open it? JOHN GASBY TO THE RESCUE

RDT has wooden entrance doors with biolock. And one side mirror which could be possibly broken, with enough effort.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 04:51:07 PM »

RDT has wooden entrance doors with biolock. And one side mirror which could be possibly broken, with enough effort.

Yes, but once you burn down the door or break the window, there is those combine doors that would be locked shut. There is really no way into the ration place.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 03:02:09 PM »
We've done it from time to time, so I will brainstorm a bit on an even better thing then just a power surge thing. Consider this accepted. I will keep the topic open for suggestions, ideas, and all that other stuff.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 02:18:59 AM »
Once you are done with that, could you please post here a date & time when this is going to happen? I loved that event I was describing much, but your american time zones are a bit, let's say off-topic for me. I need to know it prior to the event.

Offline CUBE XE

• Better than a box!
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 11:25:14 AM »
A power blackout would be awesome, but I don't think it can be done. Wouldn't they have to change the whole map?
Me sadness....

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 12:16:02 PM »
A power blackout would be awesome, but I don't think it can be done. Wouldn't they have to change the whole map?
Even if the change you and me are thinking about is posslible with LUA only, sadly, it requires plenty of work so it will just be done ICly.

Offline ?µ??µ??µ?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »
Even if the change you and me are thinking about is posslible with LUA only, sadly, it requires plenty of work so it will just be done ICly.

iirc the City server already had weathermod to darken the screen for an event, couldn't we just use that?

Offline [WDZ] LavaLord4

• w h a t
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 12:45:42 AM »

iirc the City server already had weathermod to darken the screen for an event, couldn't we just use that?

Wait, the server has Weathermod?
Never seen them use it. But then, I guess it would lag the server.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 10:20:04 AM »
I am pretty sure that HL2RP city has not weather mod.

Offline Cmdo. C. Delcora [No. 7]

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »
I like the idea of the event but I'm questioning like all of you how to get the map dark.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal