Author Topic: A new RP concept  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A new RP concept
« on: April 05, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »
So, I was thinking about a few things, one being the concept of a scratch built RP base (bases being like HL2, Terminator, Stalker, ETC) with our own 'canon' and our own rules and settings and how shit works and yadda yadda da.

Anyway, a brief summary of how things work in this new concept would be a mixture of several apocolypse/oppression stories.

The oppressing force would be a strong force with a harsh sense of communism and oppression, similar to 1984 or HL2. Tey would enforce slavery and work.

The normal citizens would be the slaves of course. Working for indistries and doing the boring or dirty work of the master race.

Children would also be available to those trusted to either learn in brainwashing schools or work in child labor camps.

There would be a resistance, nothing more then the remains of a North American military force that recruits anyone who is willing to fight.

We could even incorperate a hunger games type thing for citizens.

Thoughts?

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A new RP concept
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 06:09:30 PM »
Only problem with unique cannon gamemodes is people that join for the first time won't "get it" until they read up on the cannon.

Still a unique cannon would make Catalyst Gaming stand out from the croud :D
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 06:10:45 PM »
Only problem with unique cannon gamemodes is people that join for the first time won't "get it" until they read up on the cannon.

Still a unique cannon would make Catalyst Gaming stand out from the croud :D
Then keep it simple yet interesting. Make the canon in a way a player learns it as they go.

Offline Semiorph

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 06:14:57 PM »
This sounds interesting. It seems similar to HL2 yet, as you said, we can make up the canon for it, so we won't arguments similar to the ones about canon in HL2RP.
HL2RP Characters
CCA.C45.APEX-02.929: Maintaing sociostabilty

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 12:29:41 AM »
 I was thinking about this. Something like the surrounding environment of Fallout 2. A post-apocalyptic worldmap possibly and a few of your ideas will mash up greatly. We could also use the Open Aura Half-Life 2 gamemode but abit of modifications in addition.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 12:17:42 PM »
The canon can be developed as events develop on the server. The situation Statua is mentioning is pretty much the situation in Hunger Games, which would be a very fucking fun roleplay.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 12:30:19 PM »
I think its been said before that we aren't looking for more roleplay servers

but at the same time i'd like to see a Third Reich rp set-up

Opressers = Nazi Germany

Polish resistance/Jewish + other minorities on the other side

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 02:44:16 PM »
I think its been said before that we aren't looking for more roleplay servers

but at the same time i'd like to see a Third Reich rp set-up

Opressers = Nazi Germany

Polish resistance/Jewish + other minorities on the other side

Anything around that timeframe makes me think about the inevitable OOC rascistfest and drama that would ensue from that kind of thing. And keep in mind that not all soldiers in the German Army at the time were Nazis, the Nazis were a political party that controlled Germany during the time. Because people were forced into the party at age eighteen, people think all Germans in the German Army believed what they were fed, some in fact, were Polish, Czechs, and even some Russian conscripts apart from the draftees from homeland Germany. The average German soldier might not have been more of a Nazi than you or I, despite the gagglefuck of people that still believe anything German is automatically Nazi. The only servers that use this timeframe are (wait for it) DarkRP servers.

I do like the idea of a serious RP on the timeframe, but as was said, we don't need any more RP servers. What I think CG needs at this point in time is a Combat oriented server, something to take all the drama and aggression out onto.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:46:06 PM by Riemer »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 03:25:34 PM »
real life rp
game over

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 03:36:02 PM »
This sounds like HL2RP but with different factions. It needs a bit more tweeking perhaps a different atmosphere either more oppressive than hl2 or even less.
I would like to even suggest a more violent approach, intense factory work, darker setting or mood, scary, even mass genocide. I think something much more serious and with the right map would make it elevated to a even darker atmosphere full of violence and depression.

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 06:54:03 PM »
I like the idea of an rp that ties into a reallife timeframe - and if people are worried about anti-semite racism arising there are alternatives in the last 100 years to that, that could still revolve around opprestion etc. I also like it because I can bust out some history nerd skills :3

Not only that though but in all fairness the cannon behind it would be easy to pickup and the "story-line" would be much more complex none the less. I don't think we should delve into any modern day scenarios though, if you start mixing peoples actually beliefs on polotics etc and racism then it would become too serious.

Examples of other places you could set it with opprestion in the air: Eastern Europe during the Soviet control, numerous countries in Africa that have had dictators (although this would be a dictator from 30-50 years back) etc etc.

Still like the idea of creating our own unique cannon but also creating a unique cannon that unravles within actual gameplay time but these are just some ideas.
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal