Author Topic: Regarding District 6  (Read 5207 times)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Regarding District 6
« on: May 08, 2011, 03:48:14 PM »
Currently, entering District 6 is illegal. In my opinion, this should not be so.
Before I state my opinions why, I'd like to hear some opposing viewpoints (e.g. Why being in D6 should be illegal).
o7

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Regarding District 6
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 03:49:32 PM »
Sector six is illegal to give the lolrebels a place to go. We don't want them in the city.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 04:14:46 PM »
But I think it should be legal to Citizens, Its got more appartments, (City ones are hella cramped) Shops, Just saying, city is realy small compared to C18, if D6 was legal it would be bigger then C18 and nicer.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 04:18:31 PM »
Yes. It makes no sense to restrict fully half of the map to players.
The map itself is designed to revolve around sector 6; look at the subway system and the access gate that displays a global message if you open/close it.

Also, by restricting areas of the map, you effectively restrict the RP opportunities for everyone- including genuine, serious, talented roleplayers.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:21:07 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:07:31 PM »
Someone should make a top-down map of C18 so I know where you are talking about.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 07:08:15 PM »
Someone should make a top-down map of C18 so I know where you are talking about.
We switched maps to a edit of City 45.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 07:09:38 PM »
NOW I get it. Thanks.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 12:28:31 AM »
Sector 6 actually sucks for living standards. In all my raids there, I wouldn't want to live in that area. Apartments are very small and cramped. They're the same size as the bathrooms in the CCH.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 01:45:12 AM »
Raids need to be timed so that they take place when citizens are forbidden in S6. It doesn't make any sense to open the gates saying, "Industrial sector 6 is now open to all citizens!" and then run in and kill them all.
o7

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 02:12:03 AM »
Sector six is ALWAYS off limits to citizens.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 06:12:18 AM »
Sector six is illegal to give the lolrebels a place to go. We don't want them in the city.
Why are they always called lolrebels, some rebels know how to RP

Offline [DL] Wesleydeman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 06:13:39 AM »
It is sector 6 :P

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 06:44:42 AM »
Idk I'm kind of neutral when it comes to this. Yes it gives housing, and even though it's shitty housing, it's better than sharing a room with a stranger or sleeping on a bench. And yeah, again, it should be off limits because the lolrebels need a place to go.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 10:22:13 AM »

In practice, this doesn't work as well as you might think it would. There are still many, many lolrebels and failRPers in the city.

Not enough lolrebels are flocking to sector 6 to make a difference in the city, so I think it should be opened to the general public. Not necessarily all the time, but at least for every other in-game day. That's not much to ask.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:23:50 AM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 10:52:20 AM »
The doors are always open. Its a matter of getting through them. Why would you want to go there anyways? It's a slum. IC, nobody would want to go there. Dispite what you think, there is way more to offer in central then sector six.

Also, real rebel players need a place to go as we don't have a canals server. Lolrebels can go too but they're too dumb really. I know a few players who wouldn't be happy if we made S6 open to the public cause they would have nowhere to go.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal