Author Topic: Yes, I am Leaving.  (Read 4338 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yes, I am Leaving.
« on: April 05, 2012, 11:28:04 AM »
To start off, I am going back to Orange Cosmos, but please read the whole story. Let's begin.

A few months ago when I came back to Catalyst-Gaming I was basically on a mission to save OCRP. I believe RP is fading away in Garry's Mod, but I also believed it could be saved. I still believe it can be recovered, but I wish not to be part of it, and that is exactly why I am resigning from administrator. I will still play OCRP once in a while, but I will be happy that I won't have to stay on all night if the server gets out of control, I can just leave. It's not like I am just disappearing from CG, I will still be active on the forums and you may see me around on the other servers, just not RP as much. Some of the "CG Veterans", I guess you can call them, will probably think down of me since of my past experiences with CG. I was an admin in early 2011 and got promoted to Super Admin, but then I left. Then I came back and got admin, and now here we are. Well, if you have questions feel free to ask me. See you guys around on the servers :)

Sincerely,
wakeboarderCWB
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:34:56 AM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Yes, I am Leaving.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 12:00:37 PM »
It's sad to see a dedicated OCRP admin leave, you were a great admin then and now.  I realize OCRP can get out of control, I've had my moments where I thought about leaving, the best thing to do is simply to take a small break, step away, and come back and do your best.  I know I probably wont persuade you to not leave your administrator position, but realize that it is a sad thing to see such a great one go.

Spoiler for It's been an honor administrating with you.:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFxoU53-qU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFxoU53-qU</a>

Best of luck

Johanan

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 12:02:53 PM »
Shame to see another ADMIN leave, hope you are making the right decision man, and if so. Good luck :)
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 12:03:29 PM »
Thanks, Johanan. It was a pleasure with admining with you on OCRP, you dedicated your whole time to admining. I rarely ever saw you
RPing. I know that I'm not leaving OCRP to crappy admins. And if I am ever on OCRP, I will record and I will post ban requests if needed.

Thanks The Joker, and I do believe I am making the right decision for myself.

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »
I'm sorry to see you leave Wake.
But I'm also glad that you found a new start at OC. And tbh, RP is not the same RP anymore than in the beginning, I'm starting to realise that because all you see these days is CrimeRP. I'm still adicted to HL2RP though. ;)
Maybe Gmod is out of his RP period and some other gamemodes like GMR2 will rise.

Best of luck!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:06:26 PM by Jeff :D »

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 01:32:58 PM »
Again?! xD Can't say I'm supprised tbh, but it's been good seeing you around again, especially admining. Be seeing you, buddy :)
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »
Daww. I remember the first time this happened. Oh, well. Welcome to the resigned party...again.

I can't help but agree with you- RP on CG and a lot of other communities is near-dead. It's best if you remove yourself from the administrator position if you feel you can no longer handle it. I think you made a good decision. However, if there is a next time, think before you try to get back into it.

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 02:12:22 PM »
You were a good admin.  I've known you since orange cosmos.  I as well wil be joining orange cosmos as well once again so I'll be looking forward to playing with you there.  Best of luck.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 02:15:30 PM »
Again?! xD Can't say I'm supprised tbh, but it's been good seeing you around again, especially admining. Be seeing you, buddy :)
Yeah :/  It was fun admining with you Jigger, I will always wuv you.

Daww. I remember the first time this happened. Oh, well. Welcome to the resigned party...again.

I can't help but agree with you- RP on CG and a lot of other communities is near-dead. It's best if you remove yourself from the administrator position if you feel you can no longer handle it. I think you made a good decision. However, if there is a next time, think before you try to get back into it.
If I do come back to CG as a main community, I will deny admin if (probably not) I am offerred it.

You were a good admin.  I've known you since orange cosmos.  I as well wil be joining orange cosmos as well once again so I'll be looking forward to playing with you there.  Best of luck.
Can't wait to see you around :)

And thanks everyone for understanding. I was expecting people to be upset and mad at me for resigning again, and that is why I still love CG. Just not RP so much.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 03:01:33 PM »
I didn't talk to you much Wakeboarder but I knew you were a GREAT administrator. I hope you have the best in the future as everyone would the same. Good luck man..
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 03:47:01 PM »
 You were a perfect administrator and still is. I hope you will come back again mate.

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 03:51:52 PM »
* Eclipse throws stick at wake

Theres a present :P

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 07:53:52 PM »
Good bye. I knew you on OCRP for being active and the only person that actually rped with me when the semi serious rp server first went up. Its a shame to see you go.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal