Author Topic: Sierra Marston's Authorization Application  (Read 1376 times)

Sierra Marston's Authorization Application
« on: March 31, 2012, 01:33:16 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Snack Patrol
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About 3 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 1 and a half years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-A Full (4/4) sized Violin
-The knowledge of how to play a violin
-A strung bow
-3 small blocks of rosin
-A suitcase that carries it all.

Name: Sierra Marston
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Before the Seven Hour war: Her fifth year playing the violin, notes flew across the room in slurs and accents as Sierra played he violin to a soft melody. She had been practicing Beethoven's 7th Symphony 2nd Movement 2, Allegretto for several weeks now. Today was her solo and the three judges sat at the foot of the stage watching every bow and finger movement with interest. One of the judges sat back in her seat as Sierra missed a F natural, a low second finger on the D-string. Sierra realized her mistake and quickly covered it up. She had had some trouble with this song. Especially since she had to play it in A major. Her bow stopped and the judges started writing how well they thought she did. Sierra watched nervously as they wrote quickly with blank expressions. They dismissed her with a quiet "Thank you." Once off the stage she started to pack her violin away. Untightening her bow and taking off her shoulder rest. She returned to the stage where she was handed her paper. She looked at it slowly and in anticipation to see she had gotten a 98% on the song. Smiling she exited the building.
Five years ago, she had still lived with her mother, father, brother and her little sister. She first became interested in playing the violin when she heard the first of Bach's Minuet. Ever since then she loved listening to their music. She learned how to play simple tunes at first she started participating at symphonic stages. Her father bought her violin at a small store. It was in great condition. 5 years later and she's getting graded on her playing and making almost perfect scores.
The next day she went out and bought a 20 strings of each string. 20 D's, 20 E's, 20 G's and 20 A's as along with several bow lines of horse hair to string her bow. She was almost out and her regular bow hair was rotting. She had learned from people that if you grow your hair long enough you can cut it off and string your bow. She has tried this more than once. Twice she had succeeded but 1 time she failed. She kept all of her things in a suitcase that carried all of the thing with her. Only five years and she is a very expierienced player.

After the Seven Hour war: Sierra arrived in the city with her suitcase by her side waiting nervously to get off. She still doesn't understand why she is being relocated. She arrives in City 45 at 6:00 sharp. The train comes to an abrupt stop and the door opens letting a breeze blow in. Whenever she smells something like that ever again she revolts at the smell. She quickly walks into the square looking around. She quickly buys an apartment and settles in. She hides the violin in a secret place behind the refridgerator during sweeps. Ever so often she would glance in it direction, wanting to play it but at the risk of it being taken away, she didn't want that to happen.

Five months later: Sierra had moved into D6 where she could finall be a little more safe than she was. She had gotten letters and messages from her bother Dallas who was staying in the Outlands. She had prepared a whole month to go see him again. The next day she left the city making it to the outlands with her suitcase carrying her violin inside.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Able to play for money, food, supplies, etc.
-Play for funerals.
-Playing music to calm people.

Defects
-Running out of bow hair will result in without it for a long time
-Strings are irreplaceable
-The violin itslef is irreplaceable
-Running out of rosin.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to play for money, food or supplies. I could use it to play for funerals to get money or even have a self or small group serenade.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
I have played the violin for five years and I am very expierienced in how to use, and take care of a violin.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sierra Marston's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 01:36:05 AM »
I can hardly see how this could do anything bad for Outlands RP.

You have my +support.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sierra Marston's Authorization Application
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 10:14:04 AM »
Despite having a somewhat lack luster backstory, i'm going to accept this based on the premise that it can provide some interesting passive in the outlands.

Authorization Accepted

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal