Author Topic: Map change?  (Read 8905 times)

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Map change?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 02:50:44 AM »
The map is big so you can find and enjoy new things.. SURE FINE! We can always put you guys in a fucking box and let you RP there too! Why cant you appreciate what you have? You can always vast upon a community with a default map.. but you rarely find one with a custom. There are PLENTY of areas to hide at, PLENTY of room.. There is NO place or room to complain.

hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Grom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »
As a few others have pointed out, there's a difference between the Outlands and the canals. Canal roleplay takes place much closer to the city, and technically should only really feature Civil Protection teams as opposition as well as headcrabs, zombies and barnacles. There's a strong resistance presence, but it's mostly in the form of the Underground Railroad, who are much less militaristic and much more about helping citizens fleeing the city and providing supplies.

Outlands roleplay takes place a lot further out. Resistance is much more open, and people tend to carry weapons to fend off Overwatch and xen creatures. The resistance are much more military and tend to patrol, protect camps and engage the Combine should they arrive.

At the moment, the Outlands server definitely falls into the second category, but where it falls short is lack of roleplay opportunities. The Outlands is very, very quiet. There's no xen creatures, no Combine patrols, no supply convoys and not much for most of the players to do. The well-established roleplayers, who're usually part of this rebel group or that resistance squad, can occupy themselves - they've got a bunch of friends and can always plan or clean their weapons or discuss a raid. Most of the other players, though, can find it rather boring. There's really not a lot to do beyond passive roleplay, which doesn't tend to be as well utilised as in the city.

I think the admin team should focus on making the current server more interesting rather than changing maps. Maybe have an Overwatch group formed who can conduct raids every so often instead of individual units having to run around the place. Something like a headcrab bombardment of the town could be interesting, providing both active and passive RP - clearing out the zombies and then rebuilding the town by fixing roofs and walls. Simple, engaging stuff with consequences and just a little admin help could make all the difference in the world for the Outlands server.

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 08:30:50 PM »
Erm, redact everything I just said. I'm all for the Ineu map. Just needs a little tweaking. Change my vote, too.
-Support for the map change, Statua, just tweak it a little.
Mikhel Kharlamov | Alive | CWU Tier 3 |

Marcel Huber | Alive] | Living in City 45 |

Ian Kharlamov | Alive | Hiding from the CCA, after becoming AC#4 |

Dr. Cole Matthews | Alive | Administrating C45 |

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 08:54:26 PM »
There's no need to spread out. The vast space allows Good and Bad groups to have lots of space between eachother so shit doesnt hit the fan on accident. Outlands isnt supposed to be a higly populated area. There's supposed to be hundreds of feet between groups spaced out far enough so they never see eachother, giving outlands the feel of being alone while other people are still around.

-EDIT-

Yeah I'll tweak it. POST SOME SHIT IN THE SUGGESTION THREAD ALREADY AND STOP BITCHING!!!

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 02:45:22 AM »
I voted no, because whoever is voting yes are unappreciative cunts. This map is a very good Outlands map for survival, resistance styled roleplay etc and yet half of you want to just take that away because the map is "too big" for your likes. We still have the fucking map developer who can make changes and fixes to the map to suit a general need, but no, everybody has to whine about it being too big, which is exactly what people did for outercanals, saying it was too big and boring that you couldn't find people, so we moved to ineu which was even bigger, but everybody enjoyed it. Now  everybody is pulling the same shit they did for outercanals.

tl;dr Stop whining and crying about the map being "too big", talk to Statua if you have problems with the map and he can fix it.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 08:21:10 AM »
People complained outercanals was too small so I made ineu. Cant please everyone i guess.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 11:09:28 AM »
Another thing that has annoyed me is that why must people instantly go to the highest authority (exceptions are obvious) when people could have actually just talked to you or suggested something in that thread, explain what issues and problems they have with your map and you could try and come up with either a full solution or a semi-solution that won't entirely fix it but will make the person feel a bit happier whilst not pissing anyone else off that much.

Still, we should at least give this map more of a chance, and wait for a new version to come out which can make everyone a bit happier if people give Statua feedback and opinions!

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
It's funny because I predicted all of this shit

but noooooooooooooobody listened

But seriously. Last year, when people were whining about outercanals, I was trying to argue that the whining would continue regardless of a map switch. No matter what the map is changed to, it's only a matter of weeks until people begin clamoring for yet another change. And as Statua said, you can't please everybody all the time.

I think keeping Statua's map is the right thing to do because-
A. He's put an enormous amount of time and effort into making this high quality roleplaying map
B. Statua is working on updates, if you wait patiently and let him finish, they may resolve some issues
C. Changing maps is only a quick and sloppy fix to the overarching bitching problem
D. It's the administration's obligation to address and fix gameplay issues in the map rather than figuratively running from them by changing the map (even though that doesn't have any damn effect whatsoever, see point D)
E. There is no such thing as a perfect map, bitching will ensue regardless of whichever map you're on
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 03:58:59 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 04:39:43 PM »
Voted no. The current map is fine as it is.

Offline -=ARC=- Mattmax059

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 07:52:09 PM »
I voted YES because i dont have EP2 so everything is either Pruple and Black or ERRORs and it pisses me off...
(-.(-.(-.-).-).-)
\\\\r\\\\n

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 07:53:58 PM »
why does it feel like it's been more than 2 days???

NRK

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 09:33:13 PM »
Just putting a radical idea out there, but what if you cycled through maps to keep things fresh and new?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 11:44:29 PM »
Just putting a radical idea out there, but what if you cycled through maps to keep things fresh and new?
Does it make ANY sense to you to be in canals one day and in the moutnaisn the next? ICly like really. People like main characters for a reason. This will only cause more problems.

NRK

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 12:15:55 AM »
Does it make ANY sense to you to be in canals one day and in the moutnaisn the next? ICly like really. People like main characters for a reason. This will only cause more problems.

Not one day, more like one month. Don't radicalize what I said.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 09:34:26 AM »
I misclicked my vote :( Wanted to vote no because Statua put an assload of effort into the map, lag is just a common thing to deal with, and, like he said, just post it in his map suggestions rather than off-the-bat asking for a new map.
im bach

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal