Author Topic: More Hospitality  (Read 2933 times)

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
More Hospitality
« on: March 28, 2012, 06:35:54 AM »
I understand food is something that we sell.. Apparently we might be getting that taken away... I want you guys to do some setups in the UCH. Buy some rooms and set up multiple beds in there. Make a front desk and have people get a room for free or pay a small fee. Build a lounge room that Will incorporate a good RP of resting and taking a break. Greet the people. This will be some good RP for anyone...
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: More Hospitality
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 01:07:07 PM »
I understand food is something that we sell.. Apparently we might be getting that taken away... I want you guys to do some setups in the UCH. Buy some rooms and set up multiple beds in there. Make a front desk and have people get a room for free or pay a small fee. Build a lounge room that Will incorporate a good RP of resting and taking a break. Greet the people. This will be some good RP for anyone...

Why, may I ask, is the food probably not going to be sold anymore?
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 02:46:51 PM »

Why, may I ask, is the food probably not going to be sold anymore?

Apparently it is not in canon.. but since when have we ever been completely canon...
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »
Text....

More text.

Apparently it is not in canon.. but since when have we ever been completely canon...

I will accept that answer when we remove:
  • Unique uniforms for high ranking CCA units
  • Cloaking technology
  • GRID pumping out 'prototye' and modifications to standard weaponry
  • A lack of curfews
    • Vests in the city when not in a major uprising
    • CCA not having mass control over their own city
      • A lack of OTA pressense
      [li] Multiple CAs for one city.

And many others i cannot be bothered to list here.

My point (If you have not realized it yet) is that arguing over the entire concept of 'cannon' and what is and what isn't is a fruitless task, for if we take away one thing, why not the other?

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 08:42:08 PM »
And alcohol and fruit being freely available

And Dispatch controlling everyone

And getting rid of the CWU

And processing everyone who enters

And being allowed to beat the shit out of/detain anyone we want

And being allowed to just generally do our own thing without a blackmark

And being allowed to gun down anyone we feel like.

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 09:49:50 PM »
Obviously we cant always refer to the cannon when it comes to rp aspects. Because half Life 2 is a game and you don't see much of citizen life before you get into Anti Civil stuff and escaping to outlands. So really Canon should only be really enforced when its something that would obviously be mentioned in the game. Like Cloaking technology if the combine were that advance they would have obviously used it against Gordan and especially the White Forest base. Since city life is not as flushed out then we have lee way on what happens in  the cities, if we obeyed all we saw then when ever a citizen would go up to a civil protection officer they would give em one warning before beating the crap out of them which indeed is how an oppressive government might act, but wont help with RP experience..

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 10:01:01 PM »
Keep in mind this was not my idea. It came to me earlier today.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 01:02:27 AM »
Quite frankly, the CWU should be establishing themselves as the ideal body that citizens should look up towards. Kind of like an organised loyalist group. You should be doing everything, and I mean everything that the CCA would want. Obviously you shouldn't turn yourselves into an armed group and start s2k'ing rebels and that shit but selling food and whatnot makes sense. You should just change the system so instead of selling literally everything you've got access to, sell the basics to public citizens and restrict the other stuff for CWU members. Like, allow coffee for example for all citizens to be purchasable (who have contributed to the CWU, probably such as helping with a cleaning workforce or whatever) but then make donuts exclusive to the CWU.

Doing things like organising mini-speeches that are in the CCA's favour and all that would also be considerably interesting. It'd make the CWU more than some sort of care-taker group that is limited in it's roleplay due to the OOC limitations placed on it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal