Author Topic: <::|| Adrian Holmes' File ||::>  (Read 1853 times)

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
<::|| Adrian Holmes' File ||::>
« on: March 26, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
<::|| Minister of Ethics ||::>

Title: Doctor
Name: Adrian Holmes
Qualification(s): Psy.D. and Ph.D. in Psychology
Height: 6'3"
Nationality: English
Steam Name : GeneralTrivium
Timezone : GMT
Activity : Active

<::|| Speeches ||::>

Speech Diary 1:
Good morning, this is Dr. Holmes.
Despite this letter being addressed to another administrator, I thought i'd give myself something to do and reply to it myself.
It reads...

"Dear good looking administrator person," Hmm, perhaps it was addressed to me.
"The real Resistance is nice to regular citizens. The Resistance has not mugged me. The actual criminals are the ones who should not have guns. The ones that are actual gangs. The ones that are against both Resistance and CCA. Signed, an idiot."

Nice how you think they may be, they are resisting against something they do not fully understand.
Humanity was in a mess beforehand, governments were fighting invisible wars whilst other nations fought over land and superstitious beliefs.
The earth was overpopulating, and life would have been an unfixable mess by 2050, perhaps sooner.
Then the Union arrived, established global order and put a regime in place to fix humanity.
This regime is a harsh one, yet it is necessary. The weak and criminally minded will be weeded out of society, whilst at the same time our reproductive cycle will be suppressed.
With this combination, earth's population will be brought down to manageable levels, and we will be left with strong, civil people who want nothing but the best for their species.
Then the suppression field will be taken down, you will be able to start families again and we will be able to harness the power of transhumanism and start new societies among the stars.
Also, no one but enforcement officers and military should be having firearms.
As they are the ones properly trained, and in the correct mind-set to use them.
We don't want any psychopaths walking through the streets, gunning down innocent civilians.
As always, we will be taking in letters.
You have no excuse to be ignorant.

Speech Diary 2:
Hello citizens, I am Dr. Holmes.
I am here to address a question that seems to be on the lips of most, if not all of you.
Why should I trust the Union?
I understand that on the surface that the current living conditions are unfair, perhaps even some of you may exacerbate and say they are barbaric.
Those of you who have heard my broadcasts before may or may not know the following, depending on if you were listening in the first place.
I would like you all to cast your minds back to a time before the war.
Most of you might be yearning for those times back.
You had nice clothes, you perhaps had a family, maybe a car and your own house, a job.
These all kept you happy, in the short term. However, there was a much grimmer picture for the future.
The human race was swiftly reaching a critical mass on this tiny planet.
Closing in on 7 billion human beings. This is far too many.
On top of this, governments were having invisible wars behind the eyes of the public sphere.
We were fighting over land, resources, religion, it would only take one lunatic to press the button and cause a nuclear holocaust.
And while you all sat comfortable in your designer jeans, Earth was on the brink of destruction.
That was... Until the Union arrived. They created a world government. Meaning no warring between nations.
They destroyed religion, meaning no more fighting over superstitious beliefs.
They are requisitioning our resources, and putting them into something better and more sustainable.
Next question may be, why so much death?
The Union are weeding out the weak and criminally minded to deal with the overpopulation issue I mentioned beforehand. Harsh? Yes.
Necessary? Most definitely. This coupled with the suppression field will guarantee that our planet may reach manageable population levels again. When this happens, we may be able to reproduce again.
And new technologies and opportunities will be opened to us beyond the stars.
This is a real chance to better ourselves, our species, to prosper in the long run.
If you still have concerns, send us in your letters, or request a meeting if you want to talk with us personally.
You shall not be arrested for concerns expressed.
Resisting against this cause would be resisting our very own survival.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: <::|| Adrian Holmes' File ||::>
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 05:17:41 PM »
Speech Diary 3
Good morning this is Dr. Holmes.
A subject that i've recently heard echoing around the Nexus is that of religion.
Hence I decided to touch upon the issue and shed some light on it.
Now, no doubt there are those among you who either were or are religious, and if you are, not stupid enough to be open about it as you understand faith is not bulletproof.
I could obviously address every single religion that's been in existance and break them down into the superstitious nonsense they are.
But I would be here all day.
So let's simply break down what "faith" is...
It is defined as "noun: belief that is not based on proof."
Anybody with a reasonable IQ will have alarm bells ringing, having a belief system without any proof is empty.
And yet there are still those who try to peddle ignorance as a good thing, and are willing to cause loss of life over it.
"Oh no, I won't take my dying child to the doctor because God is protecting us." Ring any bells?
Some try to excuse their faith because they had a "personal experience" with God.
I can tell you now as someone who has dedicated their life to Psychology and Psychiatrics that the mind is a very fragile thing.
A many number of things can cause hallucinations, or altered perceptions. It's all just electrical impulses and chemicals rushing around a highly complex muscle. Everything you see, feel, hear, smell is because your brain is processing it.
Your brain can get things wrong, and even simulate things that aren't happening. Anyone who has ever had a dream will know this.
So ask yourself, if your entire perception of life is through this fragile muscle, how can you possibly know if this "personal experience" with God is nothing but a hiccup in the balance of chemicals in your brain?
Science is slowly backing mythological deities into the corner of superstition as we discover more and more about our universe.
I shall be accepting letters and personal meetings, either about this subject or anything else you wish to discuss.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: <::|| Adrian Holmes' File ||::>
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »
Speech Diary 4
Good morning this is Dr. Holmes again.
Guess i'll read this letter out whilst you're munching your rations.

"Dear Dr. Holmes,
I was a little bit curious about our scientific research program and if-any space exploration.
I was curious if there even is a Science program or Space program. I'm very interested in both subjects.
I'm not sure what else to write, so, goodbye.
Signed, and unconcerned citizen."

I'm just kidding, he's concerned, apparantly.
To answer your question, yes there are scientific research programs going on.
If you are interested in taking part in these then apply for the Civil Protection and aim towards either NOVA, the biochemics division, or GRID, the technology and mechanics division.
As for space programs, i'm not aware myself of any, but your best bet is joining GRID.
I hope this assisted you in your search for science.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal