Author Topic: Outland Factions  (Read 1396 times)

Outland Factions
« on: February 25, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »
Will some of the well known outland factions become factions on the forums?

Offline UnKuT

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Outland Factions
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 04:30:18 PM »
I can name quite a few that seem to play a rather major role in the Outlands server. A few examples would be the CiviWatch and a few others that are a part of the Alliance. I would definitely support the idea of them becoming official, but the idea has apparently never been mentioned and while these groups have been around for quite a while now, no higher ups have mentioned this at all. It's not that important, anyway, all that matters is the good RP that they are providing to the whole server.
Subject: Dexter Sunderland, Male
Assignment: Maintain the personal safety of key Resistance members

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »
Roflwaffle doesnt want any official groups on the outlands cause he doesnt want more drama. Makes sense? No. But whatever.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 05:59:17 PM »
Try keeping small posts like this to the shoutbox, this way you won't get warned for post whoring or anything. Just a heads-up.

become factions on the forums?

People that have created their own group can post anything about there group, except rosters which need to be authorized by Raiden or RoflWaffle here:
 http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?board=257.0

I myself don't think they would need a private forum section like the CCA, it'd just cause a lot of jealousy and is generally not needed.

Roflwaffle doesnt want any official groups on the outlands cause he doesnt want more drama. Makes sense? No. But whatever.

Well, I don't really see the purpose of a group becoming 'official'. From what I have seen, making official groups and a faction for them in-game usually results in elitism. I think everything is fine right now. Another thing that happens with official groups, is players not wanting to create their own groups because they are discouraged, want to join that group instead - since it's official, or any other reason that ties in with this statement. 

ye
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:25:54 PM by skopa »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal