Author Topic: Welcome to city 45, enjoy your stay  (Read 8307 times)

Offline igor

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Welcome to city 45, enjoy your stay
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 02:04:28 PM »
+SUPPORT "City 8" map change
C45.CCA.APEX-05.245

'Clyde'

Kal'Rinok

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 02:26:13 PM »
No. How about we just stay on the same map or at least go to my favorite map. C-8. <3
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 06:16:35 PM »
I hope you guys don't mind but... I heard statua made an city 32 map, even though he dropped the project, I be happy if he re-made and created it again.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 06:46:54 PM »
I hope you guys don't mind but... I heard statua made an city 32 map, even though he dropped the project, I be happy if he re-made and created it again.

Problem is, he would already be working on the outlands. It might be tough for him to work on both City AND Outlands.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline |T??G| Saimon-avatar

• OMG! Where have my 250 credits gone!?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 07:55:03 PM »
I was working in a half life roleplay map, if anyone is currently working in a map, i could give you my map so you can group them together :3
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 08:37:20 PM »
I loved city 8 I think if there is a change it should be that map.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »
When we had City 8 there was only a max of 15 players weekly. Now I know you hate hearing about the CCA but its impossible to train them properly on City 8, and lets face it with out the CCA there'd be little to no proper Roleplay.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 04:14:54 PM »
Personally, I would enjoy a night version of the city. The map itself is fine but the time of day is a little annoying and hard on the eyes.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »
Arguing that City 45 is the best map available because it is "awesome for units" is just invalid, in my honest opinion. This is Half-Life 2 Roleplay, not Combine Roleplay, therefore everybody needs a map that provides them with the best locations to RP as -anything-, be it a Rebel, a Citizen, a Vort, anything. Everybody has several different personal preferences, and when players begin to get forced to play as a pre-defined character or entity, that's when things get boring. I think that roleplay is at it's best when you're allowed to RP as the most extravagant, most unique characters you can think off, sure that in some servers there are limits, such as this one, but there is still a whole lot of space for legit imagination.

What you say is true, and also doesn't justify changing the map. If anything, what you say actually justifies keeping City 45. Yes, a good RPer can RP in anything, even a box with nothing in it. City 45 is perfectly fine for anyone to RP anything they wish, as is any other city. You said that yourself in your own statement, but why change from City 45 if it has everything anyone would need plus some for certain factions? I don't see a reason based on what you say.

Regarding Abbott's statement, yes City 18 has more immersion with the whole depressing, dark feel and environment. However, if you want to experience that, go play DarkRP on 95% of the rest of Garry's mod. I came to this community partly because it didn't have a City 18 map that I was so sick of. I don't understand everyone's obsession with City 18. Some people go to server's with different maps because they want a change from the typical City 18. Regarding its quality of Nexus versus City 45's, I don't personally think its any better at all. I Rp'd on a City 18 server for a few months before coming here, and when I saw how much more space our Nexus has than theirs, and how many more useful spaces our Nexus has than theirs.

If a map change can be done without reducing anyone's RP down from what it is now, then I'm fine with it. If a map change would mean that the CWU can't do certain things, or that a certain division can't do certain things, or that citizens can't do certain things, then I'm not fine with it. Anything less than what we have with City 45 is reducing RP. That's just common sense.

When we had City 8 there was only a max of 15 players weekly. Now I know you hate hearing about the CCA but its impossible to train them properly on City 8, and lets face it with out the CCA there'd be little to no proper Roleplay.

This is also another good point. Everyone wants to jump on the CCA when we try to defend our roleplay. They want to treat it as if its not needed, or as if we can afford to lessen our RP at the expense of others. If you ask those without units who RP citizens all the time to "Shut up and deal with it" basically, like we're often told in so many words,  you'd hear a lot of backlash from it. So why is it so acceptable for everyone that doesn't understand the CCA or how it works to make demands that benefit them more than anyone else? Switching to another city would limit CCA RP and training quite severely. Units simply can't be trained anywhere near as effectively in City 8, or 18 for that matter. If a city can be presented that is capable of preserving the CCA's training needs, then please, present away.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:52:44 PM by Airborne1st »

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 05:43:17 PM »
I personally love City 8, but if we use it we need to make it a custom version. Mostly so that we can still avoid trolls joining. Possibly Statua/Somebody could do this in there spare time?
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline igor

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 07:30:06 PM »
We NEED to change the map, this one sucks. CPs are just a tool for RP and shoulden't get to deny City8 because of it's Nexus. I was an RCT during City8 and saw nothing wrong with it, the nexus should be a place to spawn, train and restock your supplies, nothing more.
C45.CCA.APEX-05.245

'Clyde'

Kal'Rinok

Offline usedfloppydisk_

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 08:20:06 PM »
+SUPPORT for City 8 map change
HL2RP Characters

Simmons Donavick
Activity: Helping reform the resistance organization "The Brotherhood".

Ryan Moehle
Activity: Awaiting his acceptance/denial for the CCA interview.

Lance Jimenez
Activity: Recovering from his injuries after being fired at by a Hunter-Chopper.

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 08:48:33 PM »
++SUPPORT for a map change to RP_City8
Mikhel Kharlamov | Alive | CWU Tier 3 |

Marcel Huber | Alive] | Living in City 45 |

Ian Kharlamov | Alive | Hiding from the CCA, after becoming AC#4 |

Dr. Cole Matthews | Alive | Administrating C45 |

Offline [TNS-D] Sanitorium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 08:51:39 PM »
City 18 is my favorite (And give me the best performance ^^)

Never played on City 8, but heard it's great.

City 45 is just too fucking laggy. 9 FPS standing in the middle of the plaza, some doors can push characters, one time I saw the RDT Citizen Exit open down instead of up (Actually damn funny, it went down, then it went all the way up, then all the way down through the floor again), etc.

+++Support for C18 or C8.
i like men.

Offline Forgotten

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 09:27:10 PM »
City 45 is a bit dull, and it IS too bright. It seems like the entire map is connected by a single pathway, and there is not much detail added to the landscape. If It was up to me I would change the map ASAP to something more suitable for this kind of a roleplaying environment. City 8 is better by far.
Characters: Derek Boone (Alive)
Current Location: Union Civil Housing
Affiliation: Loyalist

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal