Author Topic: HELP! tell me if you have the same problem!  (Read 2510 times)

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
HELP! tell me if you have the same problem!
« on: February 21, 2012, 02:44:22 PM »
Ok so yesterday night at about 6 pm or so eastern time i was in ocrp then all of a sudden my internet crashed and everyone on my network disconnected. Then i thought it was ok because this happenes every once in a while. Then i had to unplug my router and plug it right back in and then my internet worked. Then i tried to join ocrp, got to around sending client info and my internet got wiped clean offline. Then i restarted my comp and restarted my router again and then joined ocrp again and the same thing kept happening. I havent tried it yet today but yesterday i joined another server and it worked fine. And i know its not my internet because other computers can use the internet and i can play xbox on it fine. Im not sure if anyone else has this problem and im wondering if it was just a problem with the box that was kicking my whole internet offline. I will update this later when i try and join today but please tell me if you know what went on. And i know its not my gmod or anything because i have been playing ocrp just fine until yesterday.

Thanks

Dead silent
Bananananannanananana

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HELP! tell me if you have the same problem!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »
I can tell you right away, this has nothing to do with our OCRP server.

A specific server cant kick your internet offline unless you or your host has made something to block our IPs and turn your internet offline.

Or someone on OCRP was mad at you and took you offline? Happened to admins before.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 03:21:13 PM »
Ok ill make sure to call my isp and see whats being sent to/from my router when it kicks me offline.
Bananananannanananana

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 11:59:48 PM »
It's most likely a bad connection. My ISP isn't very reliable and, over the past week, I've had a lot of trouble staying connected to various online programs.

I suggest calling your ISP and asking if there are any problems with the network in your area, and perhaps have them come check your house for any problems. If not, I would try, if in case of you having a wired connection, replacing your Ethernet cable. And if that doesn't work, consider upgrading to a new router. I recently got a Linksys E3200 and am quite happy with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal