Author Topic: RANT: Rations  (Read 2136 times)

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
RANT: Rations
« on: February 19, 2012, 09:42:25 AM »
Why do we never get rations? I have never seen rations open any time I am on. My character is starving, and he cannot get a safe,  UU branded meal without paying!My character only has 8 tokens,and Rations are the only way to get more of them! >:(
Mikhel Kharlamov | Alive | CWU Tier 3 |

Marcel Huber | Alive] | Living in City 45 |

Ian Kharlamov | Alive | Hiding from the CCA, after becoming AC#4 |

Dr. Cole Matthews | Alive | Administrating C45 |

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RANT: Rations
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:45:48 AM »
Can I just point out that we are not a catering service, and that you only want rations for tokens. Honestly, the HL2 canon points out that lots of citizens were malnourished, not well fed obese people, so combine do rations when they feel like it.
im bach

Offline Ace

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:55:46 AM »
We are not purposely choosing to hold out on rations. First of all, before we can give out rations, standards have to be met. We require a certain amount of units available. Rations may have been deducted due to anti-citizen activity as well.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 01:34:48 PM »
As has already been said, there are certain things we must have in order before we can issue rations. Also rations are usually given out when its worth taking the time to do so. What I mean by that is, if there are less than 10 citizens on, we probably won't give them out until there are at least 15 or more. Asking for rations doesn't help to get them distributed either, whether you ask ICly or OOCly. I can assure you, that they're distributed daily. Not always every 3 hours, but they are given out at least once a day. Sometimes units are on what's called Code Red in which rations are the last thing we care about and we're not going to hand them out until status is returned to Code Green and little time passes.

Offline Calstifer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 05:20:28 AM »
The issue that he is raising here is the effect on roleplay - his character is unable to eat or drink and so he does not have the capability to roleplay this. Once a day is not good enough, as a lot of the players here hail from different timezones and will not be able to be on for the once-a-day ration's. In reality, rations need 4-5 people (1 distributing, 2 guarding, 2+ patrolling) and about 7+ citizens, and should be distributed every 4 hours. The citizens are mal-nourished, not un-fed.

Offline Swoots

• pounding horse pussy since 1847
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 08:05:47 AM »
I can safely say that rations are given out at least once a day, the problem is that they're usually not given out until most of the server population is actuall on the server since there is a requirement that certain number of units need to be available in order to commence the distribution. It's also pretty useless for rations to be given out when there are only 5ish citizens online.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »
The issue that he is raising here is the effect on roleplay - his character is unable to eat or drink and so he does not have the capability to roleplay this. Once a day is not good enough, as a lot of the players here hail from different timezones and will not be able to be on for the once-a-day ration's. In reality, rations need 4-5 people (1 distributing, 2 guarding, 2+ patrolling) and about 7+ citizens, and should be distributed every 4 hours. The citizens are mal-nourished, not un-fed.

We do use a minimum of 4 units to hand out rations. It requires at least that many for rations, plus others to be patrolling. Standard Directives must be met before rations can be considered, and must be being met during ration time. We usually have 2 units watching the line, 1 in detainment, and 1 in each booth for handing out rations.

The problem with handing out rations with only 7+ citizens on, is that when there are only enough people on the server to have 7 citizens or so, that means there aren't going to be enough units on to issue rations AND maintain directives because of the ratio rule. The ratio between citizens and units has to be kept at about 2:1. These are things we can't change or do anything about. ICly, the CCA doesn't care enough about the citizens to drop what they're doing and make sure you're all fed. You'll be fed when we have the man power to do it, and when our standard directives are being met. This is why we hand out rations when the server is more populated because for 1, there are enough citizens to make it worth it, and 2, we have enough units to maintain directives and hand out rations.

Offline akwill47

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 11:25:51 AM »
Yes, I've also been wondering why.... because on my other character which was the only character I played on for awhile, sometimes it would be one to two weeks before I got rations, it was really annoying..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal