Author Topic: Mr. Pettit's Un-Pk Application  (Read 3350 times)

Offline Mr. Pettit

Mr. Pettit's Un-Pk Application
« on: February 18, 2012, 10:43:35 AM »
Steam Name: Mr. Pettit
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:27386478
Character Name: Ian Pettit
Admin who issued PK: I'm not sure
Reason for Un-PK: I was PKed for an OOC error on my CCA application, which i shouldn't have RPed out instead of telling him. I put "strong" under mental distinctions which i think should've made my application be denied if anything and i thought that part was from an OOC perspective anyway. But because of that, i was shot to death and PKed. And even if it was an IC error, i was very polite, a 16 point Loyalist, and i honestly think it should've gone down that way just because of that. I put a lot of time into my character just for one small word on my application to lead to my character getting Pked. It should've and could've gone down in a much more reasonable and less drastic way than that.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:17:45 AM by Mr. Pettit »

Offline |T??G| Saimon-avatar

• OMG! Where have my 250 credits gone!?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mr. Pettit's Un-Pk Application
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 12:34:39 PM »
I understand you, when CCA kill you'r character it is an instant Pk. And when someone kills a CCA the are never Pk'ed.
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 02:28:10 PM »
...Denied for being strong? And amputated for it? What? Also, CCA characters do get PKed.

Gonna look into this because this is no reason for a PK.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 02:48:28 PM »
Yes Kronic, i was denied for being strong. The application got accepted and all seeming like it was legit and everything was fine. He asked two other officers next to him saying i'll have to prove myself, so i thought i was all clear and was going to be accepted but no. He shot me in the chest with his gun for that, and then had me finished off. I was Pked for writing "strong" on my CCA application. I find that to be extremely unfair.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 05:10:34 AM »
Quote from: Mr. Pettit
Mental Distinctions: Intelligent and strong

I can tell you now, that this is what was on his app. Nothing seems wrong here.
im bach

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 05:27:15 AM »
I'm currently solving it personally. No other admin shall take this appeal over, as I have to discuss it with Raiden.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 05:48:17 AM »
This was my deduction.

> Intelligent
> Doesn't re-check app for mistakes
> Therefore not intelligent
> Strong
> You shouldn't be strong, whatever strength you had has been sapped away over the ~4 years of rule the Combine have had
> Therefore you must have been eating food that was not sanctioned by the UU
> Therefore you're an idiot, and a possible liability
> The CmD is a brutal asshole :v

No, I wasn't the one who shot you.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 10:57:15 AM »
Heres my stance on it, Trivium. It was a mistake if at all anything that i put "Strong" in my mental distinctions. That could've meant anything. But i was explaining myself at the time. Not many people are 6'3 like my character on the server. So, when the average Citizen is about 5'7 and a 6'3 man is compared to them, they're going to obviously have a little fight in them just because of the needed muscle mass a guy my size would need. Not much more, but a little. Now about the Non-UU branded food idea you brought up. Why would a Loyalist that meets the point standard 3 times more than average, with most of his points deriving from reporting contraband even think of eating Non-UU branded food? And then go to a CCA interview and then just show up basically saying, "I'm a Loyalist! I eat illegal food." Yeah, thats logical.  A Commander should think that one through a bit more before shooting me. I wrote that i eat the standard rations that the CCA issues us, justifying my point even more. But no, you guys weren't even taking my interview in the least bit serious. An officer threw a coffee cup at me for no reason, and when i bring up logical reasons for wanting to join the CCA, you basically say yes saying, "He'll have to prove himself". But when it got to that tiny word, you decide to kill loyal and trustworthy citizen. How would you feel if your best character got PKed over a word? Its just absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. So with all of that.... No, i dont believe i'm an idiot. I think you guys should've thought a little harder, seeing how you're in the spot you're in.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:06:28 AM by Mr. Pettit »

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 11:08:29 AM »
I addressed the "strong" point as if it wasn't a mental, but a physical attribute. People can lie, meaning loyalists can too.

Main point is the CmD who interviewed you is a brutal asshole. Personally, I wouldn't have shot you. Unfortunately you pulled the short straw as to who would be interviewing you.

As for the mug throwing, there was nothing unserious about it. The mug wasn't filled with rainbows and unicorns which spewed forth infecting everything with friendship and magic. It was a test to see whether you either dodge it, or block it. Or simply get hit in the face. Not the most orthodox method but hey, I wasn't the one who threw the mug either.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 11:28:16 AM »
I know, but it just wouldn't make much sense for a 16 point Loyalist to lie about that, and to end up being shot. It doesn't add up at all to me. And the cup i really dont care about, Thats fine. But the part about the Commander is just really unbelieveable to me. I'm sure he'd have to have some IC rationality than just kill me over that. And besides, even if i was accepted, CCA get augmentations and physical boosters in the end. My point basically is it wouldn't make sense to give it all up to lie. I would've just left out "strong" if it was that big of a deal.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:32:10 AM by Mr. Pettit »

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 11:37:33 AM »
To be honest, I think that might have saved you. What I would suggest is a lift on the PK, and another shot at the interview with ME interviewing you and the ability to edit out that "strong" part.

If command agrees with this i'll be happy to do it.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 02:09:11 AM »
Bumping this, Veran said he would solve this, I will remind him.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 01:31:27 PM »
Pardon the long delay.

This is accepted.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal