Author Topic: Nate Lee's Authorization Application  (Read 4046 times)

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Nate Lee's Authorization Application
« on: February 06, 2012, 02:39:32 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: [CG] NinjaShrimp
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About 4 Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About 2 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s): To have advanced Mechanical/Technical Knowledge 

Name: Nate Lee
Affiliation: CivviWatch Alliance, Outlands

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations:
Nate Lee was a young boy when learning the art of creation. By the age of Five his father had taught him to make a simple birdhouse out of wood. Then at age 9 his older brother (Age 28, Job as a theoretical Scientist) Had taught him how make a basic pair of binoculars out of things such as cans and even wood, Just to use to spy on girls. By the age of 14 he learned to build a basic computer, Learning from the internet. And at age 17 his father (A car mechanic at the time) had taught him many things about fixing and even building Cars. When Nate had turned 21, Still captivated in Mechanics, Had gotten a job as an on duty Mechanic on Camp Pendleton Military Base, CA. There he learned, aside from his regular duties, to repair and just the base of creating weaponry from the On base Mechanical operations soldiers. (Creating weaponry and repairing, not all functional and not asking for flags.) From being fired from his job on base for coming into work drunk, at age 23 Nate had taken over his Father's business in Vehicle repair. At age 26 Nate's father passed away from lung cancer, since then Nate had found the only way he could remember the feeling of being with his father was through building. Nate had then lived in the same town for a couple years until the unfortunate attack of the Combine. Since then he has been in the outer area's of City 45. He has made many contraptions, including an Air purifier during the Major heatwave in City 45, A simple Hearing device used to hear at longer ranges (which broke shortly after), An enhanced pair of two radio's that provided video as well as audio calls, and A personal Portable computer fit into a suitcase. He had also repaired a numerous amount of machines including A simple air conditioning unit, the repair of a damaged pistol belonging to one of his allies, and a broken engine of an alliance Jalopy. And through his travels Nate has met others who have helped him learn along the way. And currently Nate takes refuge in the bunker, inhabited by the alliance, helping out with what he knows.

Detailed Creation Stories

Air Purifier: On the day of the massive heat wave in C45, Nate Lee had stayed inside to avoid the heat, but the cool air inside the building was running short. So he had an idea of creating an A/C unit, which didn't work because it had over-heated. So instead of doing it himself he turned to a friend, whom was knowledgeable in many sciences, to help him create a contraption of that would purify the air and water, making the heatwave a bit more bearable. Nate himself didn't know the science within the project but was given details from his friend on how it would work and how it would need to be setup. So, during the time of the heatwave, Nate had gone outside in short trips, trying not to feint from the heat, to gather various materials from the small canal in D6. After hours of gathering, he constructed a numerous set of pipes, pumps, and all sorts of mechanisms, following what his friend had told him to do. And then after the construction was complete, they turned on the machine and had created a less air polluted area to be in, while bearing the heatwave.
Hearing Device: In the outer area of City 45, Nate had been watching an OTA squad with his friend Dave Modern. They had no knowledge of where the squad was headed and where they were going to look for refugees. So after many minutes of brainstorming Nate had thought of a contraption acting as an amplified Microphone in which would be attached to small speakers, that way wherever they had pointed the device, they could hear from a great distance. So Nate and Dave had scavenged for parts to make this device for around three hours. They had used various things such as broken radios, and other electronics. After 2 hours of building the device was done, but the OTA were gone. So instead Nate tested it on a group of refugees in the distance, and shortly after use the device had broken and had become useless.
Enhanced Radio: After the failure of his listening device, Nate had constructed another plan in order to get information. Instead of using just a radio to communicate, Nate had thought of a plan to make a radio that would also provide Video as well as audio, that way he could see as well as hear what the person was talking about. So after hours of tinkering with his handheld radio, Nate had figured out he still needed a stronger receiver for the radio, and a small enough screen to fit on it. It had taken days to search for this one part (technically two, for the other radio), and had made Nate furious, but on one day of searching Nate was lucky to find an intact Cellular Phone. He had taken the screen and receiver from the phone and had implemented them into the radio. After days searching for another phone, he had made the second radio. He then tested them finding of that they worked great, but had lost them on his journey into the mountains.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks:

The ability to Create and use different contraptions
The ability to repair Mechanical and technical Items

Defects:
Not all contraptions or creations will work
This will make his social skills drop in some ways
All resources will have to be found and RP'd
Creations will take long periods of time till finished

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Help people who need it, such as repair machines that have been damaged, Un-Jam weapons, Create Roleplay situations involving computers/Machines Ect.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Just me.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
As far as the weaponry part goes, I'm not asking for those flags(as it's a part of the rules :P).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:21:38 PM by |NinjaShrimp| »
A real human beeeeeiiinnnggg.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [CG] NinjaShrimp's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 02:45:12 AM »
I live about 15 minutes from Pendleton lol.

On topic; you may want to specify some example of what he's worked on / made, and what he possesses the ability to make.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 02:52:10 AM »
Can you put some more in depth stuff into the backstory, and what brandon has said, please?
what

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 04:52:30 AM »
Edited*

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 06:34:22 PM »
Hmph, I feel like defects are not adequate in power to benefits. Social skills dropped and slightly chance that contraption may not work is not a big price for such knowledge.

Pending for now, from me.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 06:36:16 PM »
As long as he roleplays the finding of the items to create such contrations, and throughly roleplays the creation, along with defects and such- I support.

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 07:20:50 PM »
*Edited, Added Two more defects that were not addressed.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »
Some of the things in your backstory are lacking depth in how they were actually built and information is sparse in relation to the materials used.

For example, you mentioned that your character created a water and air purifier - a device which requires special filters and chemical substances to create cancellation reactions with H2O and O2 respectively. I personally think more backstory is required as to how you acquired the construction materials before I offer my support.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Nate Lee's Authorization Application
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 12:38:26 AM »
Bumping this.

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 01:37:44 AM »

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 11:06:12 AM »
By all means, please do expand on the creation of the three contraptions listed in your backstory. Once that's done, As long as no one feels negative about this,  it will be judged.

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 07:22:16 PM »
Edit* Added creation stories.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 11:08:49 PM »
I'm in complete support of Ninja.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 11:12:36 PM »
Judging by the support you've already received, I have no problem accepting this.  Your backstory was great, and I like how you included the making of each contraption.  You put effort into this, which also makes me feel better about it.  Good work, accepted.

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 02:10:59 AM »
Judging by the support you've already received, I have no problem accepting this.  Your backstory was great, and I like how you included the making of each contraption.  You put effort into this, which also makes me feel better about it.  Good work, accepted.
FINALLY!!! Thanks Kronic
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:10:59 AM by Kom??Як »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal