Author Topic: 2-3 Paragraphs on a simple subject?  (Read 2647 times)

Offline MÎ?rine crÎ?b

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
2-3 Paragraphs on a simple subject?
« on: February 05, 2012, 09:39:53 PM »
This is complete bull shit.
We are asked to write 2-3 paragraphs on why you're character want's to join and shit. Just so we can apply?
This is annoying, I say we lower it to at least 1 paragraph.

Please write 313133123 words on why you want to apply. Fucking really?
imghttp://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/135/3/d/gm___heavy_bear_guy_by_thelombax51-d3gds8e.jpg/img

Offline ?*_*? Zero

• Bacon King Boss King King King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 2-3 Paragraphs on a simple subject?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 10:50:55 PM »
If you're but hurt about typing maybe you shouldn't RP/
Markus Ferris| Alive | 30ish | (City)

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 11:09:41 PM »
I do partially agree about the two-three paragraphs for why your character wants to join. Considering most would do it for a few reasons, and you end up running on too much and end with a bunch of crap. But your backstory should be even much more than 300 words. In my honest opinion, it should be nearer to 400.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Jasdahlk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:11:00 PM »
Allow me to provide a completely impromptu 2-3 paragraphs as an example:

Joe Shmoe had always been the little guy in life; whether it was being the "baby" in his family, constantly being looked down upon by his four siblings, or being bullied in school between classes, he was always forced into the dirt by people who thought themselves better than he was. Even when he graduated high school and tried to get jobs, he always received minimum payment and never got any promotions. Whether this was a result of his seemingly innate ability to draw the worst out of people, or from a deflated self-confidence he'd developed since his childhood, he didn't know.

Then the Seven Hour War came.

At first, Joe thought the Combine were just an intergalactic bully, come to push another race around. But as time passed, Joe began to appreciate the enforcement of the Combine's laws. He realized they weren't simply bossing other people around; they were bringing order to the universe. After Joe finally began to adapt to life in City 45, he started actively participating in the Loyalist Program. Now, he wants to do more than just obey the Combine and help others see the good in them; he wants to be an active part of the force bringing peace to the world. As Joe finishes his application to join the Combine Civil Authority, he feels joy knowing that, should he be accepted, he won't have to be the little guy anymore.

I'd be hard-pressed to say that your character's reason for wanting to join the CCA isn't important. Just by typing out these few paragraphs, I know how to roleplay as Joe Shmoe -- he's probably very eager to take part in being a CP unit. He'd look up to the higher authority with respect, seeing them as role-models for him to follow.

Hope that helps. Don't take this part of the process lightly.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:12:48 PM by Jasdahlk »
HL2RP Character(s):

John Ark (CID:88210) {} ALIVE {} Adjusting to life in City 45

Gerald Furman (CID: 14500) {} ALIVE {} Waiting for an inteview to join the CWU

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 12:46:02 AM »
Each section of the application is important on how we review your way of role-play. The reason we state the minimum requirements for each sections is to see if you actually care about the application in general or you just half-assed everything.

Also, CCA is overloading with too many Recruits as it is and we don't need ones who can't write a proper Backstory on their character to show dedication.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:19:10 PM »
Each section of the application is important on how we review your way of role-play. The reason we state the minimum requirements for each sections is to see if you actually care about the application in general or you just half-assed everything.

Also, CCA is overloading with too many Recruits as it is and we don't need ones who can't write a proper Backstory on their character to show dedication.

Hence why I said we need more of a requirement to the backstory.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 09:28:37 PM »
If it's less than two or three paragraphs but gets the job done and is well structured they'll probably accept it. People ask for more when it comes to back stories because some people can't convey that amount of information in several sentences or even a single paragraph.

TL;DR - Just get the job done and write an accurate and detailed back story, take as much time as you need and ignore the "Minimum".

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 12:33:10 AM »
If it's less than two or three paragraphs but gets the job done and is well structured they'll probably accept it. People ask for more when it comes to back stories because some people can't convey that amount of information in several sentences or even a single paragraph.

TL;DR - Just get the job done and write an accurate and detailed back story, take as much time as you need and ignore the "Minimum".

Yeaaa-no. The minimum requirements are there for a reason. If you have the best paragraph in the world when you need two, you will still get denied.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline MÎ?rine crÎ?b

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 06:33:37 AM »
Alright. Thanks for the helpful comments.
imghttp://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/135/3/d/gm___heavy_bear_guy_by_thelombax51-d3gds8e.jpg/img

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal