Author Topic: Resolution problems  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Resolution problems
« on: January 22, 2012, 03:47:51 PM »
Im using a Gtx 560 graphics card and a 23" screen (HANNS.G HL231dbp) on windows 7. For some reason windows 7 is only letting me use 1620 x 1200 as my resolution despite the fact that this screen supports 1920 x 1080 as its max. I managed to fix it on my desktop with a nvdia program but the problem is still there for games. If any one knows how to get pass this or fix it please tell me. I am also using a VGA cable for the screen if that would effect it in any way.
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Resolution problems
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »
do you have latest drivers? is it detected at all by windows? and did you accidentally plug the monitor cable into the onboard graphics instead of the card? (yes this happens)

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 03:58:48 PM »
I have updated the drivers like 3 times and reisntalled them etc. Yes the Graphics card is being detected by windows  and I wish that was the problem but it is plugged in :P
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline Super Supreme Admiral Justin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 11:26:58 PM »
Im using a Gtx 560 graphics card and a 23" screen (HANNS.G HL231dbp) on windows 7. For some reason windows 7 is only letting me use 1620 x 1200 as my resolution despite the fact that this screen supports 1920 x 1080 as its max. I managed to fix it on my desktop with a nvdia program but the problem is still there for games. If any one knows how to get pass this or fix it please tell me. I am also using a VGA cable for the screen if that would effect it in any way.

Your resolution is probably not supported by the game engine just like mines not either. I recommend just running in windowed mode and getting it as big as possible without cutting it off.
Graphic artist | Web Designer | Gamer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal