Author Topic: Time to let my administrator tag go to rest. Not leaving, just stepping down.  (Read 4260 times)

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
You know, being an admin was a roller-coaster for me. I've been with CG, trying to administrate through good and bad times. I had let my passion take me for a ride on this roller-coaster of drama that is a GMOD community, and if there's one thing I've become out of all of this, out of love and hatred for CG, it's somewhere in the middle. I no longer wish to influence anything, or try to make a change. Things will improve, and things will diminish. But, this is just a matter of fact. It happens with all communities, and my only regret is letting my passion for reform get the better of me, for better or for worse. This is why I am doing what I am about to do now.

I've decided that it's best to move on when you lose all passion. I've become completely apathetic. My rage and happiness both drained consequently. I've seen CG in its prime, and CG at its worst, so far. Things go up, and things go down. And I realized that the only time I'm able to move on from a community is when I become apathetic. No more commitment. No more being held down by anything. Perhaps that's what I desire and I might move on peacefully. No bad blood between anyone in the community and myself. I've got nothing against anyone anymore. I just simply don't feel the need to continue a commitment with a GMOD community. Because, after you go through community after community, you realize that it's a mirror image to life. You live, then you die. But how you choose to see your impending death as an inevitable fate, a horrific curse, or a joyful blessing determines your outlook on how you lived, won and lost. Maybe it's time I hung up the towel and left commitment in video games altogether.

So, Administration, I think it would be fitting if I could be let go passively and on a high note. I would also like to take this time to apologize to all that my actions so far have had a negative impact on. This isn't a "goodbye from the community" thread, it is simply my final request as an administrator to allow me to shrug off the weights. I'm not a quitter, I just see it necessary to move on.

I'll stick around, and enjoy the game for what it is meant to be-a game. I'd like to see gaming through the eyes of the regular player again.

Forgive my inability to post anything more, but my leaving of the administration team is just because nothing lasts forever, and I do not want to put myself in a position detrimental to my values. I'll stick around, helping out those who need it, and feel free to accept my advice about certain things if you choose not to devalue my opinions when I lose my spiffy green tag. Be it resolved that I will not accept administrative positions anywhere else.

So I'll see you all not later, or soon, but TOMORROW WITH A GOLD TAG.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:01:24 PM by Freezing Bullet »

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Real sad to see you leave, BB. I'm glad you'll be sticking around though.

Edit:

This isn't really a leave thread, only a admin stepping down from his power, so I'm not locking it.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Burning Bullet, I remember when I first came to Catalyst and saw how much in-depth RP was here at the community, I saw how things where run and the people behind the great things I saw and you where one of those people. You made the CCA what it is and molded it pretty well as the SeC, some may not agree but that is there opinion as this is mine. You did a damn well good of a job as Administrator at Catalyst. We may have started off on the wrong foot in the beginning but change is all that was needed to form different opinions of each other, you are a good friend and wise man to say. I am happy that you had so many accomplishments here at Catalyst-Gaming and you did your best to make it like that.

Thanks BB!
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It is quite sad to see you step down for administration.  I don't play HL2rp so I don't know you form that prospective, I do, however, know you from OCRP.  You were a good, no, a great administer in my eyes.  I am glad however that you are not leaving completely.  I hope to see you a lot in the future.  I apologize that I'm not writing a long ass 3-4 paragraph long comment,  I am rather tired since it's getting late.  I may make it longer tomorrow.  Anyways, sad to see you step down, but happy to see that you're sticking around.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Its a sad time to see such a great admin go, but now, you'll be able to finally be able to do with what your supposed to do with video games, you'll be able to have fun. I'm glad to see you'll be sticking around, BB, because your a great RPer and a great gamer/player, I hope to see you around CG, GMOD, L4D, TF2, or any other game.
Cheers!
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
No dont do it, your an amazing admin and you leaving makes an opening for an admin that wont ever be able to replace you and who you are. The life as a rdgular player is not all a normal person would think it is and im not disagreeing with you in any way. I gues this is... is... *sobbing* GOODBYE (from admin) BUDDY :'(
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:26:14 PM by -GUN-CHRISTMAS_¤¤D3AD_S1L3NT »
Bananananannanananana

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Don't cry! I'm still here! But, I feel relieved to be a Gold Member. :D

the.derp

Its tough to step down and still be involved. Good job.

Sent from my ADR6400L, also known as the HTC Thunderbolt, using the Verizon LTE 4G network and powered by Tapatalk and a ton of Caffeine.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Glad that you decide to stick around Bullet.

Il see you on the servers another day ;)
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

First head honcho of the HL2RP CCA.
Now you decide to step down as Administrator.

Edit: I was going through my steam friends, noticed the pun in your name. Haha!

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yea broskies! Gold FTW!
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
First head honcho of the HL2RP CCA.
Now you decide to step down as Administrator.

Edit: I was going through my steam friends, noticed the pun in your name. Haha!
First?

Also I'm saddened that you're stepping down but I respect your decision. You are one that I respect the most as an administrator, a leader and a person in general. I'm glad you still chose to stay at the community because at least I'll be seeing you from time to time. It's been a pleasure having you on the team.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Well man, its good news for you I guess. So if you are sure, I respect your decision. But, now you can RP as Walter a bit more! :D
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Well, it's sad to see any member of the administration see leave.

But i'm glad to see you'll stick around. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal