Author Topic: Unit Codes  (Read 1691 times)

Unit Codes
« on: April 27, 2013, 05:54:25 AM »
This thread made me consider making the following suggestion.

Below is a short quote from the linked thread above.
[1-01]: Dispatch, Unit 1-01.
[DISP]: Go ahead 1-01

[9-01]: EMS 9-02, 9-01.
[9-02]: Go ahead 9-01.

Since we're attempting to create a more serious roleplaying environment for Orange Cosmos 2. I was wondering if we can't simply make it so that the (priority) Government Officials receive assigned unit identification codes/digits. The use for these digits is displayed in above quote, for example Dispatch should still be Dispatch but a Police Officer should have a randomized number in the slashes: 1-// or the Emergency Medical Services should have a randomized number also in the slashes but then with a nine to make a clear separation on the assigned digits: 9-//.

In my opinion, I think it's silly how Government Officials are supposed to talk to each other by their first and/or last names. It's much more realistic and more immersive if we were to do something with above, now I'm not sure how this should be implemented so I hope some contribution can be done.

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Unit Codes
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 01:40:33 PM »
I like this idea because at Dispatcher, I end up using Unit Codes anyway.
It'd be cool if you could select whichever you want, and maybe it could even show on your vehicle license plate

+support

Offline Infamous Simmons

• Brent Simmons
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 05:53:28 PM »
Ahead of you there.. ;) Rawwwwrr

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 06:24:27 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal