Author Topic: Combine Civil Authority Searches/Beatings/Applying  (Read 3071 times)

Combine Civil Authority Searches/Beatings/Applying
« on: June 01, 2011, 03:57:22 PM »
This question has come onto my lap, when a friend of mine asked if the CCA units could do random  searches/beatings/applying on citizens they find suspicious, like in HL2 where a CCA unit confiscates a citizens suitcase because of some "Ticket", or in the RP itself applying a citizen for suspicious behaviour, and eventually searching them later if you find they were earlier punished for contraband or whatnot?
In my opinion it is right for a unit do that that, and there is not really any need to report it in unless you find contraband or the citizen does something suspicious.

Hopefully my question can be answered, and hopefully it wasnt asked and answered before.
Knowledge. With it we can do anything. Without it we are nothing.

Re: Combine Civil Authority Searches/Beatings/Applying
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »
In my opinion, situations like these are entertaining for both citizen and CP, it feels canon and IC it 'keeps the citizens in line', because the CCA rules by fear and violence, right?

Play Half-Life Two and see all the shit the CCA does against citizens without any reason.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 04:51:31 PM »
I authorize it however I need rofl to confirm it. It should be RP'd though like "You standing around is suspicious".

Not: "Walking to the cafe for coffee. I wanna search you cause I'm bored."

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 05:06:43 PM »
I told Hoplite and several RcT's today that I think it is okay for random searches, as long as you have a valid reason to do so. Or, IC you are suspicious of anti-citizen activity. Or that they may be concealing contraband. There's several cases I've heard of where a random search takes place and they find contraband.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 12:31:39 AM »
As a Citizen and former CCA Officer random searches are good, in several searches we found L1 Contraband. YAY.. Any way as a citizen it keeps me on my toes.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 04:52:12 AM »
Right, so it SHOULD BE and IS allowed if you have an IC reason. Thanks for the answer.
But I got one more, if this IS allowed. Then why did one of my friends almost get a blackmark because they searched a suspicious citizen?
Knowledge. With it we can do anything. Without it we are nothing.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 10:39:02 AM »
Because the officer obviously didn't know his canon.
o7

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 12:47:16 PM »
Because the officer obviously didn't know his canon.

wut?

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 12:55:36 PM »
Right, so it SHOULD BE and IS allowed if you have an IC reason. Thanks for the answer.
But I got one more, if this IS allowed. Then why did one of my friends almost get a blackmark because they searched a suspicious citizen?
Who's your friend and who did they almost get a black mark from?

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 01:45:51 PM »
Who's your friend and who did they almost get a black mark from?

The 'friend' is me, and I almost got a blackmark from the CmD.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal