Author Topic: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information  (Read 44746 times)

Offline The Soul Blades ?TSB?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2012, 08:53:18 PM »
Okay, I will admit those are true Bluff, I sorta had one thing in my mind when I posted that, "FUCK C18! NO! THIS IS SHIT, ALL I REMEMBER HAPPENING THERE WAS GETTING THROWN OFF A BIRDGE TEN TIMES!" Okay, calm again. And Bluff I never said antis flood the map, their area does a bit though. Normal citizens can't go in slums cause they can get arrested, but that is true. The shop never gets used cause there was and is never any merchants on the server.
Keriah Eckley | Healthy | Cleaning up the city.\\r\\nLucius Orion | Healthy | Hording supplies.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2012, 09:34:06 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about. City 18 not a bad map at all. If anything, I'd label it an HL2rp classic. Maybe even a default. But yeah, the only thing C18 has going for it would be the nostalgia. Some of the best RP moments (as well as the earliest) I've ever had were on that map when I was a wee recruit-04 (05 didn't exist back then you whipper snappers). But all in all, City 45 is fine as it is. You are all fussing over things that are unnecessary and plainly put, stupid.

A new map will not improve much of anything, I guarantee you that. New models? Meh, big deal. New props? Okay, cool, but still unnecessary. None of this stuff is needed and certainly none of it matters. You all seem to forget that as corny as it sounds, its you guys, the players that make the role play experience worth while. You bitching about maps and models doesn't help but actually doing stuff ICly to increase diversity and broaden imaginary horizons is what makes it better.

Please excuse me for getting lame.

/thread

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2012, 09:51:26 PM »
There's nothing wrong with C18 in and of itself, it's a great map provided all the space is used efficiently, which it's usually not.

The problem is that it's not designed for CG's style of HL2RP - a teetering pile of factions tiers and divisions and subdivisions, each demanding its own special area.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:44:54 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2012, 11:27:24 PM »
There's nothing wrong with C18 in and of itself, it's a great map provided all the space is used efficiently (which it's usually not).

The problem is that it's not designed for CG's style of HL2RP - a teetering pile of factions tiers and divisions and subdivisions, each demanding its own special area.

And Oz is making places for these subdivisons and factions. You just have to take some time and effort to find them, which i'm sure is pretty easy for both Citizens and CCA.

Now for the style of RP for these new factions, I've noticed something. One is assistance and buisness related and the other is seemingly strictly buisness related(exuse me for being obliviousness to the obvious). Now I see an open opportunity for the CAB team to get involved. (No we should not be above you, no shouldn't order you, projects and Civil Projects however....I'm not sure about, ask Reaver. Just ask Reaver about all the stuff I just listed.) We can easily oversee the actions of both groups and put them back on track if they stray off. Sounds good? Also, I have one question for the new group. Will you be providing loans to the citizen base?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:36:38 PM by Charles Manson »

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2012, 11:44:03 PM »
There were barely 5 active CWU members (if that) last I checked. How is creating a new CWU clone faction going to help?
o7

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2012, 12:09:29 AM »
There were barely 5 active CWU members (if that) last I checked. How is creating a new CWU clone faction going to help?

I heard it was more buisness oriented instead of actual assistance like the CWU. It's also a strategy to get more active members due to the new "rivalry" between the two.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2012, 12:57:32 AM »
I agree with what Charles is saying. One, people are obviously going to want to join a new faction because it's new, and people like new stuff. Second, when the competition gets going and the two factions get really popular/developed, people are going to want to join them more. I've been thinking of a few ways to really get these factions going with my CA, and I can assure you the CAB will be working closely with them both to get some cool stuff done.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2012, 01:13:47 AM »
I agree with what Charles is saying. One, people are obviously going to want to join a new faction because it's new, and people like new stuff. Second, when the competition gets going and the two factions get really popular/developed, people are going to want to join them more. I've been thinking of a few ways to really get these factions going with my CA, and I can assure you the CAB will be working closely with them both to get some cool stuff done.

Outstanding. Hopefully everyone will hop on the bandwagon and follow through with this.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2012, 02:46:02 AM »
To the people running the CWU/CWU clone, you're competing directly with the CCA for 90% of the good roleplayers so remember that

I'm pretty skeptical that it'll work. I want it to work, it will be great for the server if it works, but I don't think it will.
o7

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2012, 03:09:58 AM »
To the people running the CWU/CWU clone, you're competing directly with the CCA for 90% of the good roleplayers so remember that

I'm pretty skeptical that it'll work. I want it to work, it will be great for the server if it works, but I don't think it will.

Can't compete with someone you take orders from.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2012, 03:38:53 AM »

I want less CCA anyway.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2012, 04:23:01 AM »

Won't work and it's a retarded idea. CWU is already both business and assistance orientated and it should be looked at to boost CWU activity, not create some retarded "clone" faction that'll do the exact same shit.

Also Statua, we can discuss our thoughts on other maps if we please, please be quiet. Otherwise we might as well ban anyone who suggests something.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2012, 07:19:33 AM »
Yesterday I saw an addon on the Gmod workshop, which added glasses.
A picture of citizens, having class on were visible. I'm not sure if it's a prop / model for itself or citizen models with actual glasses on. I'll research on it a bit later.

That COULD add a bit on citizens model perhaps, if you are happy now? :P

Nvm, the glasses were a model by itself, being able to be "bonemerged" to the bodygroup of a citizen.
If anyone cares, here's the link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=107872492&searchtext=Glass

Maybe if we had a modder, who could add these glasses to the models, it would be nice.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:23:04 AM by Challenge of death sex?3 »

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2012, 11:24:16 AM »

Lol what are you even talking about
o7

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2012, 11:47:20 AM »

Lol what are you even talking about

The clone is controlled by the Union also. I think that's what he means.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal