Author Topic: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information  (Read 44677 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2012, 08:00:44 AM »
Can we actually get off Shitty 45 and go onto a decent map like City 18 or even City 11 V1 since we used C11 V2 before which was the really small map, and V1 is 3-4x larger. C45 is a horrible map no matter what you fucking do to it. Heck we could even go to another City map we haven't tried yet like City 23.

Thank you for failing to raise your concerns in the last 9 months prior to now when the map update has been finished, your input is appreciated.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2012, 08:14:26 AM »
Can we actually get off Shitty 45 and go onto a decent map like City 18 or even City 11 V1 since we used C11 V2 before which was the really small map, and V1 is 3-4x larger. C45 is a horrible map no matter what you fucking do to it. Heck we could even go to another City map we haven't tried yet like City 23.

Thank you for failing to raise your concerns in the last 9 months prior to now when the map update has been finished, your input is appreciated.

Pretty sure I've always said City 45 is shit since Kaz was editing it.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2012, 08:19:35 AM »

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=125585 - City 23
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=82873 - City 11 V1B (The bigger C11 map we couldn't use before due to RSO)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! City 23 is fucking terri-bad! pls no. Leave C45 alone!

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2012, 08:37:23 AM »

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=82873 - City 11 V1B (The bigger C11 map we couldn't use before due to RSO)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! City 23 is fucking terri-bad! pls no. Leave C45 alone!

Then at least City 11 V1B or go back to City 18 since everybody claimed City 18 attracted all the minges when City 45 attracted equal or actually more minges than C18 plus C18 was and still is a better map.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2012, 09:41:48 AM »

What you fail to realise is that since we went on c45 most of the more experienced RP'ers didn't like it at all and wanted a different map..
what

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »

I never knew there was city 23 or city 11, I must be living under a rock.

Anyways, I am pretty certain Oz said that once this update gets pushed out, he is going to make an entirely new map due to the brush/ent limit (whatever it's called). The new map update isn't bad anyways, it's really good.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »

I never knew there was city 23 or city 11, I must be living under a rock.

Anyways, I am pretty certain Oz said that once this update gets pushed out, he is going to make an entirely new map due to the brush/ent limit (whatever it's called). The new map update isn't bad anyways, it's really good.

i wish voidicus didn't trash the project of his city

Offline |T??G| Saimon-avatar

• OMG! Where have my 250 credits gone!?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »
No! No city_18 map! I'm sick of it! Atleast 75% of the HL2rp servers run that map! Let's just stay with city45.
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2012, 06:24:36 PM »
I agree with Red. I hate City 18. Hate it with a passion. I didn't like City 11 either. That's why I left the community for awhile when we switched to it. Do I think the previous versions of City 45 were all that great? Meh, I didn't really mind them. I haven't gotten to see everything from the new map update, but from what I have seen and what I've heard, I think it'll be pretty good for the server.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2012, 06:34:42 PM »
"i dont like city 18 just because"

yeah ok.

Offline The Soul Blades ?TSB?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2012, 08:25:34 PM »
No. No. No. Fucking NO! City 18 is fine for small or medium populations, but CG is too large to work AT ALL on C18. It has the bare minimum of almost everything we'd need. The nexus there is fine, three shops, one being EXTREMELY unpractical, and the other two having no room to store shit without props. Anti-citizens take up half the map easily and about 2/3 realistically. (8/10 not counting Nexus) Normal citizens only have the plaza and apartments for RP, not counting the stores and a small warehouse like place.
Keriah Eckley | Healthy | Cleaning up the city.\\r\\nLucius Orion | Healthy | Hording supplies.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
No. No. No. Fucking NO! City 18 is fine for small or medium populations, but CG is too large to work AT ALL on C18. It has the bare minimum of almost everything we'd need. The nexus there is fine, three shops, one being EXTREMELY unpractical, and the other two having no room to store shit without props. Anti-citizens take up half the map easily and about 2/3 realistically. (8/10 not counting Nexus) Normal citizens only have the plaza and apartments for RP, not counting the stores and a small warehouse like place.

? ? ? ? ?

tsb dont be silly

we both know that the one shop in c45 is rarely used

we both know that anti-citizens don't overcrowd the map, the slums / 'rebel area' is big enough to hold all the anti-citizens

who says normal citizens can't rp in the slums / 'rebel area'

i know you're a good RPer and stuff tsb but just use your brain
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:39:56 PM by Bluff »

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2012, 08:43:16 PM »
City 45 is a good map, but not one for resistance RP.  Resistance RP should NOT have its own area that's bigger than the entire rest of map combined, nor should it have it's own perimeter in the first place.  Rebel RP shouldn't be about, "Go to P3 and hang out, the CP can't come in for some reason, huehuehue."  It should be secret, in the Union Civil Housing, whispered among each other.  THAT is quality resistance RP and THAT'S how it should be dealt with.  Plus, a smaller map creates new RP, it's not fun for normal Citizen RPers when the CCA units are in the Nexus, and every one fucking else and their mother is in Precinct 3.  That is all.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2012, 08:49:02 PM »
City 45 is a good map, but not one for resistance RP.  Resistance RP should NOT have its own area that's bigger than the entire rest of map combined, nor should it have it's own perimeter in the first place.  Rebel RP shouldn't be about, "Go to P3 and hang out, the CP can't come in for some reason, huehuehue."  It should be secret, in the Union Civil Housing, whispered among each other.  THAT is quality resistance RP and THAT'S how it should be dealt with.  Plus, a smaller map creates new RP, it's not fun for normal Citizen RPers when the CCA units are in the Nexus, and every one fucking else and their mother is in Precinct 3.  That is all.

The new City45 update that is coming out will fix a lot of the things that you don't like. Either way, the old P3 was still used by regular/loyalist citizens.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2012, 08:50:13 PM »
Please stop discussing the map until at least 1 week after using OzJackals updated C45 (hasn't been used yet) on the main server.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal