Author Topic: The Outlands' Inn (Downtime Roleplay Thread)  (Read 77280 times)

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Outlands' Inn (Downtime Roleplay Thread)
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2012, 06:50:05 PM »
Keiji scoffs slightly, grinning.

"Guess I'm shitty at hiding stuff...alright, you caught me. But I don't need help, I'm fine."

He keeps his left arm on his leg (the injured one) and rolls his fingertips on the side of the blade of his axe, tapping the back of his heel on the ground; almost nervously.

"If no one's opting to volunteer to go with me, I'll stay at the Inn and help out around there, but I'd reeeally like to be able to walk around and do something useful."

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2012, 07:05:41 PM »

Reaches down onto her vest, pressing the button in on her radio, whispering lightly into it, as she makes the rifle rest against her leg.

"Anyone at the inn? If so, mind report of current status and hostilites?"

After her small sentence, she moves her hand back up to her rifle, resting it against her shoulder as she continuously looks over the inn. A small black figure catches her eye, moving around on the road behind a group of humans. Seeing its movements and body build, she quickly manages to come up with, what the creature is. She hastily flicks the safety back off, locking her aim onto the black figure with the blue laser pointer following her aim, to lock onto the figure.

"Damn no, you aren't going to have food this day..."

Spoiler for Hiden:
OOC: my character haven't met the headcrab IC, so she assumes its hostile. Beside, the blue laser pointer is the common one, Combine sniper units have. So yes, a clear visible blue laser is visible, aiming at the headcrab.

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2012, 07:11:49 PM »
Joanna picks up the radio as the woman talks through it

Everything's fine... We're just recovering from the fight but we're all clear here.

She looks over her shoulder, noticing the laser and realising where it's aiming, she hastily picks up the radio again

Wait!- That's a friendly, don't fire!

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2012, 07:15:15 PM »
34370 stands a moment in the cold, when a curious blue light blinds him for a moment, he moves slightly to the side, to see its a small narrow beam. The headcrab follows the trail of the beam, not being well able to see the source. The headcrab feels uneasy with the small laser beam, and begins to quickly scurry back off towards the Inn, thinking it'd be better safe then sorry. The screaming catches him off guard, he stops a moment to track the source, still in sight of the laser.

Out of Character for OOC:
34370 examines the laser reasonablly fast, so its not like he's a Black Mesa scientist trying to examine something from Xen xD
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2012, 07:23:16 PM »
Lets her eyebrow raise, as she follows the headcrabs movement with her aim, wondering what the female meant by friendly fire. She reaches back down to the radio, pressing the button in once again, to respond.

"Friendly fire? I'm not aiming at any person, just a bug..."

She releases the button once again, returning her focus on the scope and aims towards the last place, she saw the spider-like creature went to hide. The blue beam would slowly scour over the area, seeking a target.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2012, 07:27:10 PM »
As the curious blue beam points off in different directions, 34370 can't help but follow it slightly, he growls lightly at it, leaping forward into better sight, it continues to follow with his eyes the beam as it moves.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2012, 07:27:31 PM »
Keiji sighs, taking his own radio out and holding the button down, becoming sick of the chatter.

"For christ sakes, she means the bug /is/ the friendly."

Offline Egf_Adam

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2012, 07:30:25 PM »
Beef eventually goes back to his stockpile of gear and finds some of the things Beans salvaged from the cottage. Sorting through them his eyes widens as he sees his cured rations.He quickly grabs them and begins eating them. He smiles as he finishes them.

He soon begins to feel better but with a slight headache, nothing that concerning to Beef. He now sets off to find his brother Meaty and Eli.
"If horses could draw, they would draw their gods like horses." - Xenophanes

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2012, 07:37:39 PM »
As she scours the area through the scope, she would notice the creature sneak after the pointer. Slightly interested, she continuously let's the beam stroll around the area, while placing a finger on the trigger. Slowly she let's the headcrab come closer, before she swiftly corrects her aim towards its back. She starts pressing the trigger in, as a sudden yell on her radio breaks off her focus.
The blast of the rifle once again, echoes through the valley, yet this time she's unknown of what the bullet's target would be, as she were interrupted.

Spoiler for Hiden:
This shot is for everyone to use as I want it to randomly hit something.
Darkshifter Can choose, if he wants, to get hit or not or the bullet may strike into a building or the ground. I've opened posibilities for other people to choose, what happens. Go on.
Please, do not use it to make it hit another players character.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:44:06 PM by Challenge of death sex?3 »

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2012, 07:39:18 PM »
Simon Reilly

Simon snaps his fingers away quickly, not wanting to further Eli's pain. He grabs Eli's arm below the elbow, and turns it over to one side. He presses about 5 or so millimeters away from where he had pressed before, exposing the broken edge of a carpal bone.

"Well, shit, that's no good..."

He digs around inside of his bag, eventually withdrawing a steel instrument, and begins to carefully fix it around Eli's wrist, carefully tuning each of the dials.

"Tell me when you feel pain on each dial, no matter how little."
I'm a fag

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »
da bullit het keji nd he ded rip in pieces o7

Keiji, upon hearing the shot, quickly jumped to his feet and speed-walked to the barn entrance, taking a quick look out on the street, pausing for a minute and sighing, shaking his head.

2 things can come out of this: Yes, headcrabbie was hit, or no, headcrabbie was not. Winrar-Winrar situation

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2012, 07:45:34 PM »
*Snatch jumps at the sound of the gunshot then he leans against the hard, wooden wall and takes out the radio then saying:*

"Anyone up for a drink?"

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2012, 07:48:03 PM »
I guess I'll choose, if there are no objections.

34370 continues to track the little beam as it strays off slightly, finding some kind of weird pleasure in it. Suddenly the laser is gone, did he scare it away? 34370 lets out almost a depressed squeak, he turns 90 degrees, only to be blinded by a light of the same color. The light quickly adjusts just above his line of sight, he bends himself slightly to the left to see a blue dot on his back. The headcrab was suddenly very confused with the sudden event. The headcrab bends further back to sniff it, when the dot suddenly disappears, and the ground next to him explodes into a storm of concrete and dirt. The headcrab lets out a hideously loud squeal of sudden suprise, it leaps an astounding foot into the air, when it hits the ground, it instintivly dashes off in the opposite direction, heading towards the back entrance of the Inn. It huddles at the double doors, whimpering in fear and shaking like a leaf.

The end squeal is pretty damn loud, just an FYI, challenges character should be able to hear it, aswell as anyone else in range. :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:51:26 PM by Darkshifter98 »

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2012, 07:50:31 PM »
Looks at the worried Headcrab and presses down the button on his radio:

"Who shot that?!"

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2012, 07:56:39 PM »
Flicks the safety rather hastily back on, flicking the pointer off slightly shaking as she lets the sniper drop down to rest on her leg. She prays in her inside, no one was hit by the bullet. She gulps lightly, reaching down to her radio as a person speaks into it and presses the button in shortly after. 

"A person. And that bug, friendly? I've got my doubts."

She lets go of the button, staring down at the town, resting her head on one of her hands, supported by her knee. She breaths lightly, shaking in the assuming she could of hit a person. She curses herself for her mistake and the person who surprised her when she were about to fire.
As the pointer is flicked off, the blue laser would vanish into the air, not revealing her own position anymore.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Impressive respond Darkshifter, I almost laughed as I tried to imagine your headcrab doing those actions. xD
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:58:27 PM by Challenge of death sex?3 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal