Author Topic: [W.I.P] RP Ineu Valley Progress (CG RELEASE: 02/16/13)  (Read 12451 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[W.I.P] RP Ineu Valley Progress (CG RELEASE: 02/16/13)
« on: January 07, 2013, 04:13:52 PM »
Ineu Valley
Somewhere in the Romanian Mountains

!!!LIVE ON OUTLANDS!!!

This thread is where I will keep all of my development pictures and notes. I'll post updates and pictures as time goes on. Feel free to comment on anything you see here but don't get your expectations high that it will change. Some things are there or not there for a reason.

This thread is NOT for suggestions. Rather, please visit THIS THREAD to post a suggestion.

Be sure to check out OzJackals thread about City38! It coming along rather nicely.

To do:

• ???
  • PROFIT!!!

Completed:
  • Basic Layout
  • Riverbed Brushwork
  • Riverbed Details
  • Riverside Cliffs
  • 0 Level Land
  • 0 Level Roads
  • Bridges
  • River > 0 Level Transition Paths
  • Lake
  • Log Cabin (Blt)
  • Town A Homes
  • Town A PD (The 11th Doctor)
  • Town A Store
  • Town A Ruined Church (Sexy Frog)
  • Town A Inn
  • Town B Homes
  • Town B Gas Station
  • Town B Warehouse (Skrillex)
  • Junkyard (YankeeSamuri)
  • Junkyard Trailer (Calo Nord)
  • Cellar (Frolie)
  • 0 Level Foliage
  • FIX DOORS
  • Castle Mountain
  • Castle Mountain Road
  • Castle
  • Castle Mountain Foliage
  • Graveyard (Frolie)
  • Bunker Mountain
  • Bunker Mountain Path
  • Bunker
  • Bunker Trenches (TRAY)
  • Bunker Mountain Foliage
  • East Mine Enterance
  • West Mine Enterance
  • Mine Tunnels
  • Mine Details
  • West Mountain
  • West Mountain Foliage
  • North Mountain
  • North Mountain Foliage
  • Combine Outpost (Inquistor Spiderman)
  • East Mountain
  • Observation Towers (3.14)
  • Detail prop texturing
  • Decorate Everyfuckinghting
  • Spawn Room
  • Spawn Room
  • 3D Skybox
  • Weather Control Room
  • Closed Beta
  • Easter Eggs
  • AI Nodes
  • Credit Stamps
  • Signs
  • Optimization
  • Open Beta
  • Areaportals
  • Tree Fade
  • CUBEMAPS!!!
  • Optimize nodraw blocks
  • Fix all reported bugs
  • .VMF Obfiscuator
  • Final Compile
  • Final test (repeat compile if needed)
  • Buildcubemaps

Scrapped:
  • Town B Store (Wasn't needed)
  • Dugouts (3.14) (Would require too many base land displacements which would make the map laggy)
  • Barn? (Frolie) (Didn't have anywhere to put it)
  • Tower (inquistor spiderman) (Already had enough stuff jammed atop that mountain. Didnt need any more)
  • Shed/Mine (Frolie) (Had a hard enough time finding spots for the entrances let alone this shed thing. Sorry)
  • North>East Mountain Train system(Red yes) (more of a background detail then anything. The only place I could fit it would be too small to even make a difference)
  • 3Dsky Hydro Dam (Red yes) (was causing weird invisible glitches with the mountains in the background)
  • HDR (kept breaking no matter what I did -.-)

Development Images:

Spoiler for 11/09/12:

Spoiler for 31/12/12:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 09/01/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 10/01/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 11/01/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 17/01/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 17/01/13 (2):
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 17/01/13 (3):
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 28/01/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 29/01/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 30/01/13 (30 images):
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 02/02/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 02/02/13 (2):
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Development Videos:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL-H6P4N8m0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL-H6P4N8m0</a>

Public Downloads:

BETA VERSION

Beta Changelog:

• Fixed lighting bug with rocks
  • Fixed landslide escape path
  • Fixed all known holes in displacements
  • Added missing CG logo to pak files
  • Flipped doors around in houses for easier access
  • Added clip brushes to rope bridge guard rails
  • Added areaportal to bunker garage door for improved FPS while in bunker with door closed
  • Lowered water by 64 units to help show the slow loss of water (similar to the riverbed found in the pass)
  • Fixed the solid water by the combine outpost
  • Added a clip brush to the wine cabinet in the villa
  • Improved tree render optimization
  • Improved water planes
  • Enabled HDR
  • Removed non-functoning NPC nodes
  • Cubemapped
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 05:39:08 AM by Statua »

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: RP Ineu Valley V1 Dev Page
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:02:53 PM »
Ineu Valley
Somewhere in the Romanian Mountains

The map reminds of that on Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas. I don't know why but it seems cool.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 06:38:01 PM »
Will there be a map change event such as last time?
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 02:48:22 AM »
Will there be a map change event such as last time?
Most likely.

Updates! Finished the riverbed and the riverside cliffs for the most part. Here's some eyecandy.

Spoiler for Pictures:

I also added a number of suggestions to my to-do list. Keep em coming!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:56:25 AM by Statua »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:10:11 AM »
outdoor maps make me wet

you make oz proud

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 03:21:59 AM »
Maor pictures! Finished the 0 level terrain and roads. I also changed the riverside cliff texture. Methinks it's more smexxy. I fixed the spray for the lake waterfall and changed up the river big waterfall up a little. Looks a lot better now :D
Spoiler for Pictures:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:55:55 AM by Statua »

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 08:38:20 PM »
I love that you dedicate yourself so much to Outlands, with the map updates and map changes. Keeping RP fresh for all the Outlanders!

More on topic, this new map is looking great. Though you can only see the rough details thus far, I can manage to see different elements shaping up within the map; enough of them to know this'll be a good one. Keep up the great work gai

i luv u
I'm a fag

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 01:54:36 AM »
Was a rather quiet day at work today. Blocked off a couple exterior roads, finished all the bridges, added some river access points (ramps n ladders n a big old ricketty staircase) and made the cabin thingy by the lake.  Cleaned up the big waterfall, again.

So many pictures, I had to spoiler them to reduce page load times.
Spoiler for Pictures:

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 05:53:59 AM »
Maor buildings. Teehee monster energy makes me work crazy. But I talk crazy. Crazy talk? PICTUREZZZZ!!!!

Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:21:33 AM by Statua »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 09:09:40 AM »
Did some more work. No sleep. Cant sleep. Whatever. Finished a store house combo, made the town roads smexxy, and built the ruined church.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [W.I.P] RP Ineu Valley Progress (SO MANY PICTURES!!!)
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 08:20:03 PM »
Finished the Inn. *drool*

Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 06:26:27 PM »
 Holy mother of god, Statua. You are labled a god! *echo throughout the whole mountain area*

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 05:25:58 AM »
Bloody, bloody brilliant. I love the way this map is shaping up so far.

Also on a side note, gotta bring this up because autism:
Graveyard (Tray)

What are you suggesting?: Makeshift Graveyard
What style will it be in?: Rebellion, Barren, Wastlandish
Will it have any special features such as moving doors or traps? If so, list them below.:

Not really a special feature, but one open grave might be nice (in preparation, there's no body or anything like that inside.

Reference Pictures:
Click to see the original size.

Extra Notes:

The graveyard should be a somber location, where significant characters could be laid to rest should they die, and other characters could go to mourn their deaths.

** Idea was very much inspired by the Goodsprings Cemetery in Fallout: New Vegas, and the Boot Hill Cemetery

IT WAS ME *GASP*

Added 10% forum warning for unconstructive posting / posting image macro reply. You already got one warning about this, please stop. ~Khub
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:24:13 PM by Khub »
I'm a fag

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 12:16:50 AM »
Oops must have been during my all nighter mapping spree. Ill fix er up.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 03:29:37 AM »
Completed Town A and Town B for the most part. Including the orgasmic warehouse <3. Also finished the junkyard and added some trees to the west side road and town areas. Improved sunlight on Town A and put Town B into shadows.

TL;DR, drool over the eyecandy...

Spoiler for 28/01/13 (35 images):
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal