Author Topic: CCA App  (Read 1338 times)

CCA App
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:49:12 PM »
Before we start I only have 2 post's this is my third. I have two loyalist points.

OOC Name: D.S.V.L

IC Character Name: Michael Jones

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
   Sitting against a cold wall in a dark room, surrounded by the bustling sounds and ambiance of urban sprawl, a young man contemplates his future. What has he done with his life, what will he ever accomplish? The young adult, Michael Jones, is a person seeking meaning in this new life that offers none. Constantly hearing the heavy boots of Units dropping to the pavement ring like a bell in Michael's ears, it's almost infectious.

From what Michael has seen, the Union has been trying to help the people in what way they can. Those who say that the Union is an evil and a blight on humanity are ignorant and foolish in Michael's eyes. It's only what they make it, and these resistance fighters he's heard about and even seen first hand a couple times have only harmed citizens. He views these fighters as ignorant, naive and foolish, sometimes damning them for the death of innocents.

Above all else, he wants fulfillment. He has a natural sense of duty, and this sense of duty lays with the Union. He seeks a brotherhood and a purpose, a hole in himself only the Union can fill. Next to this is his wish to not succumb to the same fate his fellow citizens have. He wants a better life for himself and better himself, the danger that my happen within serving the CCA is only something to spice his already dull life.

Michael Jones agrees that the Union will be the next and final step for man to lose all sense of greed and lust. The actions of those around him everyday are testimony to this, seeing the greedy and conniving way of man as they try to make ends meet. The Union is trying to stop this disgraceful way of man, hearing the Administrator speak daily about this. To Michael, it seems he's the only sane citizen anymore, true loyalist few and far between.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Humorous, Skeptic, Workaholic, Quiet, Curious, Dutiful, Boorish

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
   Strict, disciplined, fast to respond and quick to finish. Regular training coupled with tight organization and good teamwork. Adjusting to such a life will be the biggest leap of all with failure leading to harsh punishment. A lot will be expected by superiors and many things will have to be taught.

Michael expects every move will be scrutinized, but completion of training and successful operations with good teamwork will yield reward and a sense of accomplishment that he seeks. He's hopeful comrades will be made and knowledge gained along with the opportunity to specialize in certain fields. Michael understands, however, there are also the dangers and moments will come where death can arrive or be avoided at the split of a hair. Finally, he expects to return the same help Units have shown him back to the citizen themselves.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
   Nine pounds, eyes closed, squirming and crying as he's handed to his mother. Michael (real-name) was born on October 3rd, 1992 in a lower-middle class family to parents who weren't even married at the time. Living in Providence, Ontario, Michael would grow up to be your average all Canadian boy in a quiet town outside the city. Even though he was conceived out of wedlock, his parents would later come to marry that following year on the day of the new year.

Coming into his youth as a young boy, Michael became interested in Hockey from the likeness of his father. For several years he would play in organized games with kids his age, competing for trophies against others, but mainly just being a kid and having fun. His grades in elementary school consistently kept getting him on the A and B honor roll, though he would often get in trouble for dumb shenanigans most boys his age found humorous. Michael, however, would soon quit his hockey activities as his father became too demanding of it and more strict about it.

Moving into his teens, Michael's grades began to deteriorate from his high B's and A's into C's and even D's. The young man soon became less focused on school and grades and became more independent and wild, becoming especially interested in the opposite sex. He would spend more time hanging out with friends and partying than preparing for tests during high school, which lead to occasional confrontations with his parents. It took the intervention of one of Michael's teachers to set him straight, showing the path where Jason would most likely end up if he kept neglecting his education.

At eighteen years old, fresh out of high school, Michael sought his eyes into a good future for himself. He wanted to get into a good Hard working job, that was his immediate goal and his aspiration into a comfortable life. Unfortunately, rising tuition costs and a declining economy did not help his efforts. He moved to nearby New York City with financial backing from his parents, attracted to the big and bustling city that never sleeps. There he worked a plethora of jobs, doing various things to earn a steady income.

Years went by and Michael began to wonder where he was going with his life. Would he keep sweeping floors and clearing tables the rest of his life? Join the SAS and leave his loved ones behind? He didn't know what to do, he was into his mid twenties and had not accomplished a single thing.

On an unusually cloudy day, Michael was walking back to his house when an unusually powerful gust of wind knocked him on the ground. Looking up, he sees what appeared to be a giant portal entity, blue rays shining down from it. Odd creatures soon start coming out en masse from these portals, people around him fleeing and cars screeching, hitting, and swerving. Gunshots and explosions can be heard in the distance. He instinctively runs back to his house, trying on his cellphone as he runs to reach his mother. No reception, nothing, suddenly Jason becomes fearful about his family more than anything.

Rounding the block to his apartment, military convoys can be seen rushing down the streets. He somehow knew they wouldn't last long, but he was hopeful for anything at this point. He reaches his house and locks himself inside, hearing the pounding and running of footsteps and shouts as others do the same. Hours go by, explosions and sounds of combat echoing in the distance. It seemed like a millennium when in actuality its only been a few hours since he locked himself in. Looking outside his window, he turns to the sky to find dozens more of these portals now littering the sky. Hoards of people can be seen being herded into the city as they're starting to litter the streets.

Michael, now hysterical and in disbelief, starts to laugh. He thinks he's in a dream, his mind playing a cruel joke on him. He gets up, making himself some coffee, trying to convince himself that it'll all go away and he'll wake up soon to get ready for work. He laughs, yeah, it'll all be alright he thinks to himself. A knock on the door is heard, he jumps, startled. A voice tells him he needs to grab his things and come outside, a train awaiting.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I have not

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Around 3 years, was FB Role-play server and after that I hopped around for a while.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Around 3 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming
 August summer 2011
4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time

5. In what country do you live?
Canda

6. How old are you?
16 turning 17

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
It was today actually where i (Michael  Jones) found Joe plower a wanted Crime Suspect. I Reported saying "I FOUND JOE PLOWER" Then he ran off. From what i heard he has been Permakilled. Thats when i earned my first Loyalist points
8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Michael jones
CID: 27955
Height: 6'4'
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 163
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Defects: Paranoia, Migraines
Mental Advantages: Quick Processing, Good Memory
Notable Qualities: Committed, Adaptable

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, if need be

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wish to be a part of our Union, to aid our Benefactors and ascend above myself into something larger then me. I seek a trust and a meaning within it, to join a select few and accomplish something within. More importantly, I want to show other citizens the same kindness that Units have shown me, and do for them what they have done for me.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Michael Jones hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CCA App
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 10:58:19 PM »
Wrong location, incorrect post count. Loyalist status comes at five points, you must have this.
Try again when these items are met at:

http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?action=form;n=2
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal