Author Topic: What do you guys think?  (Read 1595 times)

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What do you guys think?
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:54:03 PM »
Hey there people that read this topic. As some of you may not have known I have been developing an app for iPhone/iPod for the advanced programming class that I've been taking and I think I may have done pretty well for my first app. Here's a picture of it along with the SDK used to create the app (yes, I know it's on a mac, get over it; it works after all): http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=147fwm&s=5 . It's taken me about 5 days of school work to pull it off since I'm fairly new to programming in lua but I've tested all the buttons and they do work. The resume however will only work if you used the pause button. Also note in the picture that all the buttons used were of my own creation, the banner picture however was not of my own creation, but rather a resizing through photoshop to make it fit across the screen. There's a poll up for you to leave anonymous comments if you so choose, however, if you don't want to be anonymous then go ahead and post. Thanks for allowing me to take a moment of your time.

EDIT: Sorry guys, did a little more revising on the app, it's still kickass, but I made the glare effect of the button less so that people have a better chance of being able to "read" the song titles (at least to the best of my ability to put them on a 77 x 37 size picture which doesn't use all of the size) so I'll keep the link up with the first version and have the revised copy up here: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1z4ki06&s=5 .
I hope that it's possible to get it up on the app store, not sure but considering I've been doing this on a trial version of Corona SDK I'd say I've done pretty well for only just starting to learn a little bit of lua. Thanks for the support for the guys that went with option 2 - 4 on the vote and those that gave their positive opinion about the app. Also Noah, I mainly did this because a sound/music board app is one of the easier things to start out with and the fact that it's basically my final in Advanced Programming, yes I do get a grade for doing this stuff in school even though it's not a registered class you still can have it count as a half math credit which means I'll graduate with 5 credits in math :)

EDIT 2: almost forgot, the next step in my app, after seeing if I can test it on my iPod or soon to have iPhone 4S, is to make the app thumbnail to be the album cover.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:12:26 PM by AcornMan »
"Groovy", "This, is my Boom stick".
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".
For funny billboards: http://majormike.us/?p=128

Re: What do you guys think?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 12:51:57 AM »
Bored? Why did you make this? xD

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 01:38:56 PM »
I'd dload this app, I saw Tpazolites - to luv me i *** for u, good music right der

Good job imo! Specially if its something new to you

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 06:00:43 PM »
It looks decent, good job for your first time. Also, Where are the angry birds?

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 11:01:50 PM »
Yuh i have an app of my own so i have a dev acct. You can use it if u dont wanna pay $300 :) and try xcode4 look it up in app store its for making apps and its whst i USED but i decided to stop cuz progamming get boring
Bananananannanananana

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal