Author Topic: RON PAUL 2012  (Read 14363 times)

Offline Phalanx

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RON PAUL 2012
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 03:56:28 PM »
No i want bush back. He was a great president
/facepalm. Even though I know nothing about politics, he's the one that drove the bus that brought this country to hell.

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 04:32:53 PM »
/facepalm. Even though I know nothing about politics, he's the one that drove the bus that brought this country to hell.
Then you my friend are a fool.

What happened with the economy was that congress(Which wasn't republican at the time.) passed a bill that made banks make unsafe(Or unprime) loans to try to get more home owners but instead the the banks had to foreclose on said homes and lost a lot of money because of that.
Then the housing market went down the shittier taking the economy with it.

TL;DR
Bush didn't do it congress did he just sighed a bill in to law because he was dealing(Like Obama is now) with a congress that didn't share the same political opinion thus trying to please them and make the US happy he had to do it.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 05:45:23 PM »
I sometimes feel that if we did away with the "parties" thing and just had candidates run as "people" we wouldn't have people voting for someone just because they're a democrat or republican. The only downside being that the parties to provide a lot of financial support for the candidates, without, they wouldn't be able to get their feet off the ground.

Dan Brown a Youtube vlogger made a video explaining direct democracy which I think would work in this modern age. We do need a way to do away with the electoral college, that shit's retarded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWG6k5XjFO4

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 10:56:49 PM »
I sometimes feel that if we did away with the "parties" thing and just had candidates run as "people" we wouldn't have people voting for someone just because they're a democrat or republican. The only downside being that the parties to provide a lot of financial support for the candidates, without, they wouldn't be able to get their feet off the ground.

Dan Brown a Youtube vlogger made a video explaining direct democracy which I think would work in this modern age. We do need a way to do away with the electoral college, that shit's retarded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWG6k5XjFO4

If you want a direct democracy, move to Australia. I don't mean that in the sense "Don't like it? Get out." I mean it in the sense that Australia has a smaller population than the United States which is why it works. Also, the electoral college could exist in a direct democracy, or at least a true one. Textbook direct democracies, and, for example, the Australian government, are where major decisions are put to the people directly. You can see where with a population of around 30,000,000, that's easy, but if you multiply that population by ten - the United States - it becomes more difficult.

Representative democracy doesn't work, seeing as you get many conflicts. I'm curious to ask you if you have read The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli. If you haven't, I will summarize Chapter XXII: A prince's personal staff. In that section, Machiavelli outlines a system in which a leader should have a cabinet where members should not be afraid to speak their mind, but only have the right to address the ruler on subjects when asked about them. Such a system would have no other legislative section on a federal level. While one may argue that Niccolo Machiavelli lived in the 16th century, and his opinions are dated, a system where there is one person with complete authority in a legislative branch would work better, as long as there were systems to remove a leader, such as the ability to remove based on popular vote.

Just my $0.02.
Live free or die

Offline LeninRoxSox

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 01:28:06 AM »
Then you my friend are a fool.

What happened with the economy was that congress(Which wasn't republican at the time.) passed a bill that made banks make unsafe(Or unprime) loans to try to get more home owners but instead the the banks had to foreclose on said homes and lost a lot of money because of that.
Then the housing market went down the shittier taking the economy with it.

TL;DR
Bush didn't do it congress did he just sighed a bill in to law because he was dealing(Like Obama is now) with a congress that didn't share the same political opinion thus trying to please them and make the US happy he had to do it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_elections,_2004
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_2000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2000
Please read these pages and then perhaps you'd like to explain how a minority Democratic party passed a bank deregulation bill...or perhaps you're thinking of this bill passed by the MAJORITY Republicans...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Growth_and_Tax_Relief_Reconciliation_Act_of_2001
And on the topic of Bush being a great president...are you forgetting the Patriot Act? Or perhaps his total ruining of the EPA and placement of men with terrible records on environmental issues because...they were all people from companies that totally disregarded laws and guidelines set by the EPA...Perhaps you should get out and read a bit before trying to make a point?

Also Nikolai, a system where the Legislative has one powerful head is much more difficult to balance with all the other branches. The system the US has now is not perfect, far from it, but it's a hell of a lot better then a dictatorship or a 'People's Republic'. We complain a lot about our government but really we should be glad to have the system we have, although I can't help but yearn for more transparency and for the removal of corporate lobbyists and corporate donations that muddy up the representatives views and lead them away from actually voicing their constituents views. The government now is like it was in the late 1800's, so I think we need another Teddy Roosevelt to clean up our shit.

That's my .02 €

Also FEMA...during New Orleans...Look up the Deputy Director...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 01:31:01 AM by General Secretary Bronykujo »

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 11:55:39 AM »
I never said he was a great president just people shifting the blame on him(And texas) wrongly.

Offline LeninRoxSox

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2012, 06:48:27 PM »
I never said he was a great president just people shifting the blame on him(And texas) wrongly.
Bush deserves all the blame he gets, which is less then it should be due to Fox news and friends crying foul when people criticize him or anyone else that was involved in the trainwreck clusterfuck of the Bush presidency. It was Bush who pioneered all the bills that congress signed at the time that are screwing us over now, so it's only fair he get's blamed. As for Texas getting blame...I don't think i've heard anyone blame Texas for anything besides being where Bush came from...

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »
Off topic lets get back on THIS election.

Offline LeninRoxSox

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »
Ron Paul is the most truthful person in Government now, unlike all the other candidates at least he is truthful and not a slimy ass like all the others. Plus he forsaw our situation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2012, 11:13:39 AM »
Damn.. all the idiot young and old people vote for ron paul just because "from what they heard" he was a good president. Guys do some research about every canidate and youll find mitt romney is the best choice. Period.

Just my $0.139027
Bananananannanananana

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012, 02:55:27 PM »
I like how condescending you are. It's real inspiring.

Offline LeninRoxSox

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2012, 04:45:16 PM »
Quote from: -GUN-CHRISTMAS_¤¤D3AD_S1L3NT�
Damn.. all the idiot young and old ponies vote for ron paul just because "from what they heard" he was a good president. Guys do some research about every canidate and youll find mitt romney is the best choice. Period.

Just my $0.139027
Man...you sure are cool and smart, attacking people's opinions and assuming you know why people vote for who they vote for...No, Ron Paul has a strong conscience, and he has a voting record to back it up. a lot of people are fed up with how the government has been slowly but surely been getting deeper and deeper into the cesspool of lying and cover-ups, and Ron Paul is one of the few people in the US government who is actually consistent and speaks his mind freely (The other being Bernard Sanders I-VT) So please, PLEASE, don't assume you know why people vote the way they do, and then don't follow up with calling the biggest sack of lying crap the Republicans could find is the best...

Just my 20 bits

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2012, 04:51:58 PM »
Your attacking my opinion...

Just my 1023862964028 terabytes :P
Bananananannanananana

Offline LeninRoxSox

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
Quote from: -GUN-CHRISTMAS_¤¤D3AD_S1L3NT�
Your attacking my opinion...

Just my 1023862964028 terabytes
Yes but I use facts to back my point up, as much as I hate political ads and the such
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vS9SF3vc-A
The video really makes you think 'Gee...Mitt Romney really can't hold a stance unless it's politically viable...I mean for christ sake, I doubt he could even decide if he should wear an american flag lapel, or a flag button...

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2012, 11:13:31 PM »
Akki hitler.
Bananananannanananana

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal