Author Topic: Etiquette and A few tips and pointers[GUIDE]  (Read 2092 times)

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Etiquette and A few tips and pointers[GUIDE]
« on: April 25, 2011, 03:29:28 AM »
Etiquette and A few tips and pointers [WIP]
Okay guys, having played my Rct yesterday I noticed a few things of what TO and NOT to do, even if i did a few things wrong alongside it, the DvL's would correct me, even if it involved shouting on the radio. I decided to make this to tell you guys how to do some of the Etiquette that would be expected. Also DvL's/SeC's etc tell me if you want me to change anything and I will, as most of this is based of the ENGLISH Air Cadets.

Okay. The MOST IMPORTANT part of etiquette in armed forces- Saluting!.
Now, the bigger thing is what rank to start saluting to. I have been told it is 02's above, which means;
  • SeC - Him being most important of all.
  • DvL
  • OfC
  • 01 units (includes all RAZOR units)
  • 02 units

Now that thats covered, you will want to know when to salute. There is a couple of times you would do that, and i will provide 1 or 2 examples.
  • When entering a room that they are in.
  • When they enter a room you're in.
  • When you pass them by.
  • When they pass you by.
  • When they enter an area your doing shit, even if detaining a citizen.
  • When you want to speak to them.
Spoiler for Example 1 - Joining a class:
You want to join a DvL's class. You will walk into the room, salute the DvL(/me salutes DvL) and then ask Permission to join your class,sir? and if he responds yes, join and say thank you,sir. If not, foxtrot oscar and patrol or some shit.
Spoiler for Example 2 - Speaking to somebody:
If its one of the people you salute to, you will walk up to them, salute, Say Sir! to get their attention, they will probably nod or whatever, then you ask question(If they dont,ask the question.)

To the 02's plus
Now, some of you do it and others don't, but i was taught that when somebody salutes you,you WILL salute back, now i think thats the better way,as it shows that you've acknowledged them but i want a SeC to confirm this, but even if not, I still think its better and was taught that way.

UNFINISHED. ANY IDEAS? POST EM ERE
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:23:16 AM by Statua »
what

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Etiquette and A few tips and pointers[GUIDE]
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 03:46:47 AM »
I'll start writing up some military procedures such as drill etc. But other than that you have got it right, apart from one thing. If you do not salute a person such as the SeC, He shouldn't pull you up and go "SALUTE ME!!!!" the high ranks around him need to step in and tell you to salute. It's a form of respect in the military as most of the higher ranks have served in wars etc. But yea, that's how the Australian army does it, it's mainly just the chain of command which I need to go over with units, as I get recruits coming up to me asking for something that an 04 could tell them.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Etiquette and A few tips and pointers[GUIDE]
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 03:58:01 AM »
Yeah i would of wrote drill, but i don't know if its needed to be honest.

Also, the real reason of saluting is not the person itself, but in england for example, its the queen.
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal