Author Topic: Kin'Rik'Ene's Authorization Application  (Read 1154 times)

Kin'Rik'Ene's Authorization Application
« on: December 18, 2011, 03:50:15 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: [MD] CookiezandMilkiez
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 5 Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 4 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A vortigaunt character for Outlands

Name: Kin'Rik'Ene
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
It was perfect. The sayings of this kin were brilliant. I, Kin'Rik'Ene, charished philophosy. He spoke of the shackles which must be broken to become free from the Combine oppressers, with a strong, confident tone. The other Vortigaunts listened, while the man stood on a rock, as if he was conquering the world. It was amazing. It made me, Kin'Rik'Ene want to travel to Earth. We had hidden from the Combine when they invaded, our daily basis was running and hiding for dear life. I always listened to Tak'Ran, a very old elder Vortigaunt. Tak'Ran beconed for rebellion, and told stories of Earth, where the humans had fought for their gracious freedom. As he finished hia philosophical speech, his kin disparsed and continued their works in the cavern. Recently I had hidden away in a small cavern, far from the Combine's reach. I still can remember the first encounter I had with the combine, my fear. I tried to retell it, in my mind. As the AR2 shots peirced his best of kin, I ran. I alone was outmatched, I must retreat. I went to find my other kin, where I greeted him while he was running. He told me that he was running to a small tunnel way, where some other vortigaunts were hiding away for safety. I took the chance, and decided to follow him. The fear ran through me,the Combine invasion dreaded me. I knew our people wouldn't last, we wern't prepared. We hurried, almost out of energy from the fear and the running, and we came to our destenation. It was gloomy, dark, and damp. We looked at each other, then slowly entered the tunnel. It felt like being trapped in a never ending enclosed dark road. It was pitch black, and the travel was for hours long. The entire time we never talked, but instead thought of what was going to happen next. I assumed we would hide here forever, barely scavanging enough to survive, but never spotted by the Combine. We knew our travel was near an end when we saw the faint glow of a green light down the tunnel. We heard hums coming from the room ahead, and I knew what was happening. Someone was using the Vortessence. We hurried faster up the tunnel. We came to a sky-lit room, which smelled of rotting swamp tress. I saw three Vortigaunts bent over a table, bickering. A hole in the roof beamed light into the room, and shined gloomly. I heard as one Vortigaunts hummed, green energy beaming in powerful rays down upon a dieing, young vortigaunt. The other vortigaunts turned to us, and motioned us to move to the side. I peered over their shoulders as I walked by. It was grim. The dieing Vortigaunt was female, and she had taken thirteen shots to the torso. One peirced her main red eye, and another one peirced her third arm. The healing Vortigaunt was old, and was channeling energy into her eyeball. We quickly scooted to the corner of the room, and sat on the cold rocky ground. We watched curiously as the vortigaunts bickered and whispered. After an hour or so, we heard a small noise form the table. We looked at eachother as the elder vortigaunt lowered his arms, and the energenic glow dissapeared. The elder spoke in a soft voice, "Take the female kin to the beddings, she needs rest." Immeaditly two of the Vortigaunts lifted the top of the table, and heaved it down a different bend in the tunnel. The elder Vortigaunt turned to us, and he looked tired, and withered. He said is a pensive tone, "Come. The route is long, and we will need rest. I have beddings prepared for you." He started walking in the same bend the other two Vortigaunts went into, and we followed. I wondered how well our travels would be as we walked. If we couldn't go one day without being attacked, or if we would sneak around every day to remain safe.We turned another bend in the dark tunnel, and we came to a large hollowed room with twelve scattered beddings, and two large round tables. One of the beds was occupied by the dieing woman, and the other two  Vortigaunts were standing around a table, talking. They seemed to be whispering to eachother in a worried way. The old man motioned us to two beddings which were side by side on the floor, and he walked over to talk with the others. We looked at eachother, confusion in our minds. We slipped into the beddings, with the last sight I saw were the vortigaunts speakng around the table before I laid to rest.

I awoke to the noise of a mysterious multi-tone growl. My eyes widened, and I peered around. It was dark, and I could see everyone sleeping in seperate beddings. It was calm, peaceful. The scent had become sweet, and cold. My thoughts were interrupted by another multi-toned growl. It almsot seemed unreal. I looked around franticly, almsot missing the sight of two blue glowing eyes staring into the doorway. I caught sight of the circular eyes, one on top of the other. It was mysterious, like two floating orbs, illuminating the pitch black room. The creature quickly sprinted from the doorway, where I could hear the pounding of three feet, tromping away. I decided I should wake the others, but just as I moved my hand to shake my kin's shoulder, I heard a noise. Thunk, thunk, thunk. I turned, suprised, and I saw three glowing blue darts inject themselves into the wall next to what I saw was the female (It's pitch black, and hard to see). The darts hummed, and began to virbrate, and glow. I had just enough time to let out a loud yelp of dread as three thunderous explosions lit up the room, killing the female. Shrapnel flew in our direction I had to turn to sheild my four red eyes. The others basicly hopped out of their beddings, and looked around, franticly. I jumped to my feet, and followed the elder in panic. My mind racd with panic and fear as I followed the elder. We turned the corner to the main tunnel, when we heard the trotting of three hooves, and a grotesque sounding grunt form behind us. Suddenly, thunk, thunk, thunk. I witnessed, as another round of blue darts flew towards us. I saw two darts hit the side of the tunnel, and one flew into the back of one of the younger Vortigaunts. He fell to his feet, as we heard the hum. We engaged in a paniced sprint, as fear flooded my mind. We heard the loud roar of explosions behind us, and we heard darts  wizzing toward us, just as we turned a corner into the main room. The old one stopped, and quickly shot a sudden beam of vortessence into the sky hole. It shattered a rock, which revealed a rope. The rope with dropped to the floor, with a thunk. We heard the roar of the angry creature behind us. The elder called, "The Combine Hunter will not stop. We must travel to the mountains before they get the advantage." He leaped upwards, grabbing the rope. We all followed, leaping onto the rope, and sliding up it. I worked my muscles, grabbing the rope, scooting up, until I had almost gotten out through skylight. I looked away from the skylight's bright essence, as I heard thunk, thunk, zip! I looked down, only to see my kin, falling to his death. A dart had peirced the rope, cutting his end of the rope into peices. I stopped myself from calling out in utter despair, and forced myself to continue climbing. I came out onto the swampy ground, as I saw the elder using the vortessence to force a rock to wedge into the hole. the air smelled of rotting dead, and made me reluctant to continue. The elder sprinted towards a forest dotted mountain, and the three of us left followed. We were well hidden in the swamp trees, when we heard the rock the elder had wedged in the hole shatter. If it was a hunter, it would never stop hunting us until we were all dead. I doubted he was sent to specificly hunt us, and I assume if he ran into any other vortigaunts it would pursue them instead of his other priority. Us. We waded through the marsh, wetting my thighs and legs with warm, rotting water. We kept wading until the swamp faded, and we reached a steep hill which led up to the looming red mountain. We began our steep climb, heaving. We passed multiple crevices and caverns, but kept climbing, ignoring the opportunity to rest. I did not question the elder's decision of destenation, but I still wondered where we were headed. Safety? Escape? I have always respected my elders, for they usually are the ones who lead younglings to better lives. As I was climbing, I looked behind me. I stopped, in utter amazement. It was the greatest sight a being could see. The wispy air smelled of clear dust, and wafted in the breeze. There was the vast, glistening hills in the horizon. The hills were topped with blooming, colorful trees that were like frosting on the landscape. It would've been the most beutiful sight witnessed by beings, but something broke the glory. The skies were dreadful. War machines, trampled the ground in the distance, towering hundreds of feet tall. Flying machines clotted in the sky, some shooting down rays of destruction and fire, and some diving to the ground with explosive effects. The sky was bleak and red. I did not know if this were because of the Combine's never ending bloodbath and bonfires, or if it was the time of dawn, when the sky was tinted red. I did not judge the beutiful, and my thoughts we interrupted by a call of another. I had not heard the voice before. It was a young, challanging voice that called, "Come, faster! The hunter will be on our trails!" I looked upwards to recognize the Vortigaunt who had spoken, and continued climbing. The rocks were rough, and eventually pained my hands. But luckily, we stopped before I couldn't bare anymore painful climbing. It had obviously been several hours sense we had started, because my hands were numb and the sky was dark. The air had grown cold, and stars lit up the void in the sky. We followed the elder to find a small path leading through the trees, and continued forward. As we walked there were noises us night creatures chirping, moving, and feeding. It made me nervous. We came to a stop once we arrived at a large steep rock wall. The rock wall was at the side of the mountain, and was at an eighty degree angle. Just when I expected us to continue climbing, the elder touched the rock. He hummed, and with a green glow in his palm, an area of the wall started to crackle with green light. A small slit in the wall cracked, and debris fell to the ground. After the dust cleared, the was a small crevice leading into a dark cavern. The elder looked back at us, and stared at us. I wondered if he had never stopped to wonder how many of us were left after the attacks. He looked at each of us, nodded, and continued into the cave. I looked at the others, and followed the elder.

As we cautiously entered, there was no endless tunnels, and I was relieved. We entered a large room, with two circular doorways to other rooms. As I looked around the dark cave, I heard the voice of the elder, "As a youngling, my kin and I would see to this place. We would sleep, tell tales, and read. It was a safe, quiet place. I intend it to serve the same purpose." He walked over to the center of the room, where we saw a small fire pit. the elder spoke, "This is where I practiced my Vortessence as a youngling." I saw him quickly raise his now glowing green hands, and dispatched a beam of energy towards what seemed to be the small fire pit. The beam shot like lightning torwards the pit, and crackled. The pit glowed luminessent green, then set aflame with green fire. I admired it for a short time, mezmorized by it's aura. After I stopped giving full attention to the fire, I glanced around the room. There were logs circled around the pit, used for sitting, like an old campsite. The elder walked into the left room's circular entrance. I followed along with another, but the other Vortigaunt stared deep into the fire, admiring it. The room where the elder was now sitting, was the bedding room. There were makeshift beddings scattered across the damp floor. When I entered, I noticed an oddly musty smeel seemed to be in the atmosphere. The elder told us that we should rest, and he walked slowly over into the main room. As I slipped into a soft bedding, I heard the loud noises of a rock being pushed infront of the cavern entrance. I saw the elder return to the bedding room, as I decided to speak. I called, "Elder one, what are you called?" The elder stopped, and replied, "My kin call me Tak'Ran. But they are long since gone." I saw him slip into a bedding, as I faded to sleep. I awoke to the sweet smell of cooking food, and I rose out of my beddings. As stumbled into the main room, to see Tak'Ran and the other Vortigaunt brewing something in a pot, over the green fire. "Come, join us. We shall have a feast." spoke Tak'Ran in a calm voice. I took a seat on one of the logs, and it was rough, and uncomfterble. I started at the brewing pot. It seemed like an original brew, a mixture of herbs. He poured out a spoonful from his wooden spoon, and I could smell the sweet taste already. As it came my turn, he handed me a pot filled with the sweet stew. I took a spoon from the ground, and grasped it with my third arm (Which is used for eating.). I sipped the sweet brew until the bowl was empty. It was warming to my body, and gave me strength. It made me feel more powerful, healthier. It must have been special herbs, or maybe it was just eating once more. After we finished our stews, Tak'Ran told us we must keep on our travels. I wanted to ask him where we were hoping to reach, exactly. I called out to him as he walked towards the bedding room. I called, "Tak'Ran, where is our destenation?" He stopped rpacking supplies, and answered, "Earth." I was suprised, and inquired, "Why is this?" He answered, "My best of kin was taken to Earth. I'd heard of Earth as a place where the resistance was strong, unresting. Persistant. I wish to find a home there. I may even free my kin." The others didn't seem suprised at this talk, for they may have already heard. I, myself, was suprised. Before I could protest, Tak'Ran shot me a look. I showed an angry desperation. He was determined. I silenced myself, and continued packing. We spent the rest of the packing hours in silence. Tak'Ran focused his vortessence onto the rock that is blocking the exit, and it cracked and fell to debris. We exited into the dust, and began our climb higher into the mountain.

We came up to steeper, and steeper land. Eventualy we had to use our hands to pull ourselves across and over the rocks. The mountain soon lost it's green forests, and instead there was a desert atmosphere. The rocks were red with dust, and had sharp edges, no longer rounded. We climbed, panting. I dared not look down, for fear that I would plummet. As I climbed the steprocks, I heard the noise of a Hunter's roar below us. My mind stopped. I had almost forgotten we were being pursued by a single hunter. I looked back up towards Tak'Ran, who loked back at me, then began to climb with extreme haste. I followed him at the same speed, going as fast as my body would allow me. I heard the roar again, and heard the noise of hooves landing on a rock. I looked to my side, and saw the hunter landed on a rock platform, jutting out from the side of the steep rock wall. I could see the 'Hunter' clearly now. It had the same two glowing blue eyes, one ontop of the other. It had three legs, in the position of a tri-pod for stability. It's body was the shape of an oval, with a the two extending fletchette shooters on the sides. It had it's eyes trained on the Vortigaunt below me, and I heard the dread, thunk, thunk, thunk. I looked away, and I was practicly leaping upwards the steep hill. I heard the screams of a Vortigaunt, followed by the noise of thre explosions. I could hear rocks brekaing from the side of the hill, and derbis falling. I paniced, and continued leaping after Tak'Ran. I heard the Hunter roar, as it lept over me, onto another eock platform to my right. This time it had it's eyes trained on me. Fear built isnide my chest, like a metal weight. I heard the Hunter hum, and jsut as I leaped upwards once more, thunk, thunk, thunk. Three darts had slammed into the rocks by my side, and began to hum and glow. The yelped in utter terror, as I made a last desperate attempt of life. I lept from the side of the rock, away from the darts. As I jumped, I heard the explosions. My reflexes were fast, and quick. My two fingers snatch a jutting rock, but quickly began to slip. I swung my other arm over, and pulled myself up. I heard the roar of the Hunter, and I quickly began to climb again. Where I was climbing before, there was a large cloud of red dust. I looked down, only to see the Vortigaunt that was below me plummeting to his death. He had been hit from the debris of the Hunter's explosions, and fallen. If he was gone, the Hunter only had two targets. Me, and Tak'Ran. I started to leap upwards off the platform, and continued to climb above. I could see what seemed to be flat ground up ahead. As I continued my perilous climb, I heard the platform I jmped to be shot with the darts. I heard it crackle, the explode into tiny debris. I was almost at the top. My body felt filled with fear, like a was a glass and fear pured into me. I heard the Hunter prepare to fire again, just as I grabbed onto the ledge to get to the flat area at the top of the mountain. I heard the Hunter's legs jump, then silence. As I pulled myself up, I saw the Hunter, in mid-air, leaping for me. I leaped onto the flat area, the Hunter catching my leg. It's immense weight began to pull me down, forcing me as two of it's stubby legs crushed my foot. Then, a flash of green light phased in my eyes, blinding me. I fell to my knees. When my four eyes cleared, I saw below the Hunter plummeting to his death. I behind me, and saw Tak'Ran, with his arms glowing with vortessence. We were now on a large flat area, as if the tip of the mountain had be cut off. There was a crevice in the middle of the plateu, and Tak'Ran spoke, "Into the crevice. Quickly, for the Hunter will be here soon." As he turned and walked torward the crevice, I followed him as he climbed down into the crevice. I was amazed at what I saw. It was a large room, with Vortigaunts everywhere. The elderly, the young, the strong, the weak, many, many Vortigaunts dwelled here. I watched as them talk, and travelled into different rooms and areas. I followed Tak'Ran through the crowd, as he entered a small room in the huge cavern. I could only mutter in amazement, "What is this place?" Tak'Ran replied in a hurried tone, "A passage to Earth." I stopped, unsure. I answered, quietly, "Why must we leave Xen? It is our homeland! We still have a chance!" Tan'Rak snapped at me, "We were to late. The Combine have the advantage on us. We have a slim chance of survival. Earth is still young, and strong." Before I could argue, he took his place on a rock, and began a speech about how we must break the shackles of the Combine oppression, and he went on. This changed my opinion. He words twisted my mind, and changed my ideas. He was right. The area we are currently in, which was rebellious, was crushed. Utter violence is a horrible thing. Our people would much rather hid to perserve their life than to fight. Earth is different. He spoke of it's storng leadership and rebellion. I always had admired philophosy. Before the invasion, I had knowledge of almsot all the great philophosies. After the invasion, my memory faded about them. His brave speaking encouraged me to do as much as I could. Several other Vortigaunts listened to his speech, intrigued. It was brilliant. After he finished his speech, he looked at me and spoke, "Do you want to forever fall in the cages of the Combine? We must help as we can. We cannot hide in this manner for eternity!" His speaking became closer, "This base of operations has a way to escape Xen. Xen will always live in your memories. Do you wish to go to Earth?" I thought for a while, and finally answered in one simple word: Yes.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Is pensive, and is usually in a thoughtful state.
-Is calm, and usually acts calmly in danger.
-Is a fan of philophisy, and knows many wise Vortigaunt philophosies.
-Knows little, but some, vortessence.

Defects
-Character is old, slower, and not as strong as other vortigaunts.
-Target for combine forces.
-Has horrible English. Speaks words at a time.
-Can scare humans with his old vortigaunt ways.
-Has a habit of hiding even when not needed from doing it so much.
-Is a vortigaunt, and would much rather hide than fight.
-Will buy and give in to ways to learn more knowledge, and know things of the human ways.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to have an interesting, new roleplay experience. I also hope to effect, and change other's roleplay adventures in fun, interesting ways. I also hope to have an interesting time with my new roleplay, experiencing it in every aspect possible. I hope to help others build an interesting roleplay eviroment.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No, I will be the only one using the auths gifted in the application.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
 have worked on this application for multiple days. I do this with most applications, tweaking them and changing them for days. I am always heart broken if they get denied, because of the time spent being wasted. If you decide this application is insufficient, then please deny me in a dignifying way. Tell me my errors so I can fix them, and I thank you for taking the time to look over this application.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Kin'Rik'Ene's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »
Denied for reposting straight after it being denied the first time, you must now wait a month to reapply, especially since you kinda postwhored to get the 5 posts to repost.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal