Author Topic: Elyse Keys's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1010 times)

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
Elyse Keys's Civil Authority Application
« on: December 17, 2011, 10:57:11 PM »
Elyse Keys's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Rec. Bokslag [22nd AB]

IC Character Name: Elyse Keys

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Elyse Keys has wanted to join the Combine Civil Authority mostly because of combine propaganda. At the beginning Elyse didn't like the combine all to much, but as time passed the effects of combine propaganda and brainwashing slowly turned her into a loyalist. By the time she transferred to City 45 she believed that the Universal Union was responsible for saving the human race from self destruction, and that it was working to lead them to a brighter future. When she arrived she knew that all she wanted to do was help the UU, she was set on joining the Civil Workers Union and working to provide a brighter future.

A few days after her arrival however, another of the City Administrators' speeches began. Elyse of course listened intently, and at one point during the speech, the CA told the citizens of city 45 that one of the best ways to help the Union was to join the CCA of city 45. Elyse thought for some time on the matter, and eventually decided it would be best if she joined the CCA. She had seen how the units patrolled, tall, proud, and seemingly invincible.

Elyse began to work to better the city, cleaning benches, raking leaves, washing windows. She tried her best to deter anyone from committing any form of socio-stability infraction and made sure that those that did where caught. Elyse spent most all of her days asking units if there was work to be done, and then heading to complete any task assigned to her. She was set to get a loyalist armband and join the CCA. All in all, the reason Elyse wishes to join the CCA is to better the union in a greater way than simply picking up some leaves, or washing a bench or two.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Elyse is Trustworthy, determined, calm, and Loyal, though she lacks in independence, stresses easily,  and is not very decisive in a stressful situation.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I am expecting the CCA to be a great learning experience, as well as a lot of fun. I'm hoping that a lot has changed since I was in it before, so that it will really feel like I'm new. I think that the CCA is going to be a great place to develop my character, and hopefully I'll have to do things my character may not agree with. I think that the CCA is going to be a smooth running organization, and that I will fit in just fine.

I am expecting the CCA to be a way for my character to learn useful skills, and use them to stop the enemies of the UU. I expect that the CCA will be very taxing on my characters mind and body, and most likely not live up to her expectations of service. I expect the CCA to be much more routine and dull than my character believes it is, though she will still feel overwhelmed by the amount of work and training that she has to do. I am expecting the CCA to be a fun and educational experience for both me, and my character.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Elyse was born on April 5th, 1992 to a loving mother and father. Her childhood was decent, sh had enough friends, and her family cared about her. When the combine invaded, Elyse was afraid. Her brother, having joined the military a few years before, was killed. Elyse swore that she would avenge him, and when she was in city 25 she plotted and schemed, waiting for the right moment to attack the combine. To her disappointment, the moment never came, she was unable to get her hands on any contraband nor weapons of any sort.

Elyse moved from City to city, and the propaganda slowly tore away at her. The Union propaganda, combined with her eventual will to forget turned her, slowly, into a loyal citizen of the Union. Elyse eventually forgot, she forgot abut her past life, where she had been, what had happened. She forgot about her friends, family, and even all the events leading to the combine invasion. Finally, her mind gave in and she began working for he Union, helping in any way she could.

By the time she arrived in city 45 she was completely brainwashed, helping the Union as much as she could. By this time she thought, truly, that the union was what had saved humanity from destruction and that it was leading humanity to a greater future. She was certain what she must do, and began to work on getting a loyalist armband so that she could join the CWU. After some time, another speech from the CA came on, and she of course listened intently. The speech spoke of the things she knew, of how the Union had saved humanity from destruction and was leading it to the future. At some point during the speech, however, the CA said that one of the best ways to assist the Union was to join the CCA.

Elyse thought about this for some time, she had seen the units of course. They walked with a purpose, they looked down on the citizens, but with good reason. They looked down on the citizens because they ARE better than the citizens. They helped the Union in so many ways, there was so much work to be done to quell the rebellious madmen that would have you think that the Universal Union where evil, and that they sought to destroy humanity.

She then knew what had to be done, she knew that she would have to sign up for the CCA and work as hard as she could to stop these people. She then set to work writing her application.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Yes, it was removed simply because I was gone for a long time.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About Eight years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Almost Five years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Since early april, 2011

4. What Time zone are you in?
Mountain Time (GMT -6)

5. In what country do you live?
America

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable RP experience was on CG HL2RP, It was as my old unit, 729. I'm not sure if it's my most memorable out of pride, but it may be. 729 was out on patrol, and a call came in from OTA that a CCA unit had been wounded. 729 hurried back to the nexus to find the unit, an 04 if I remember right, horribly injured. His stomach and chest where ripped open and he was bleeding heavily Being a NOVA 02 729 set to work. After lot's of bandaging, healing and working, the unit was stable, and was going to survive. A short time after 729 was called in to the HC meeting room. As he entered the NOVA Dvl. was waiting for him. He was holding a medal. The Dvl asked 729 to step forward, and then awarded him with a medal for outstanding achievement in NOVA Duties.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, fairly good.

IC Section

Full Name: Elyse Keys
CID: 7123
Height: 5 ft 6 in.
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 110 lbs.
Mental Distinctions: N/A
Mental Defects: Indecisive at times.
Mental Advantages: Smart, good spatial sense.
Notable Qualities: Loyal, Trustworthy, Calm.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I am a loyal citizen of the Union.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
It is the only thing I will eat.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I am willing.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I have wanted to join the Combine Civil Authority ever since a speech given by one of our City Administrators, which said that the best way to help the Union would be to join the Combine Civil Authority. I originally wanted to join the Civil Workers Union, but decided that this would benefit the Union more. I have always looked up to and respected CCA units, and have always wanted to have a meaningful purpose for myself.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Elyse Keys hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's not a skirt."
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's a dress."

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Elyse Keys's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 11:29:07 AM »
UNIT: 584
DIVISION: NOVA
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Elyse Keys
Citizen Identification Number: 7123

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| RCT.178 ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting CCA.C45.NOVA-DvL.584
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:25:41 PM by ChristmasVeran1405 »
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal