Author Topic: Sotha'Sil's Authorization Application  (Read 1415 times)

Offline agrum

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sotha'Sil's Authorization Application
« on: December 17, 2011, 01:56:49 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Yagrum
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): I have been roleplaying and playing roleplaying games since 2005. Roughly 6 years now.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: I have played GMod Serious RP since 2009, roughly 2-3 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-An older vortigaunt character for use on the Outlands.

Name: Sotha'Sil
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

Sotha'Sil was its name, and it was the race known as Xenotherium subservilia, however many of us refer to them as the vortigaunt. Yes indeed Sotha was a male vortigaunt, you could say a very unique one too. Sotha'Sil was born a very long time ago. It is uncertain that anyone will ever know the exact date of when he was born, as even Sotha himself doesn't know. All of us know, that most vortigaunts who are currently on Earth are likely to be born a while ago. But Sotha was born further back than most of these. He was born on the planet, Xen. That is most likely atleast, as the vortigaunts came to Xen a very long time ago to escape the Combine. However, there is still a very small chance that Sotha was born in one of the last days of the vortigaunts being on their original home planet. Either way, born on Xen or not, this is where he ended up. Yes, Sotha's very early childhood is a big mystery, but the rest is a whole story worth telling.

He started to think, and remember at a quite early age. This is the part of his life when things actually were clear, unlike his first days being alive. Anyways, I shall get to the point. Sotha spent his early years inside a cave. This was a very organic and rich with life cave, which of course... basically all of Xen was. This was not Sotha's cave, it was the home of the vortigaunt who was raising him. Sotha called this vortigaunt Voodok. It was simple for Sotha to say at the time. Voodok had been with Sotha ever since the beggining. Voodok was protective about Sotha, and always kept him at his side, yet Voodok was not Sotha's father. Voodok was an old vortigaunt. Voodok took Sotha in to care at a very young age, which I spoke about earlier and is very unclear. So it is best not to get into that. However Voodok, like Sotha would end up, was a very powerful and wise vortigaunt. In this cave Voodok shared with the young Sotha'Sil was a very special and focused power. It was the Vortessence. Voodok did amazing things with the vortessence as Sotha would watch.

In these early years, Sotha did not understand much about the Vortessence, but Voodok being as wise as he was with the Vortessence proved a good teacher for Sotha. Before caring for Sotha, Voodok spent most of his years just sitting alone, practicing and meditating with the Vortessence. He became extremely talented in it. Sotha learned the Vortessence very quickly with Voodok as his teacher. They both stayed away from other vortigaunts. Voodok taught Sotha all there was to know about surviving, old vortigaunt stories, and culture. Also as you already know... the Vortessence too of course. Voodok explained to Sotha how the Vortessence is the bindings of life, and how it would make him a healthy vortigaunt.

Sotha was a quiet vortigaunt, and to the fact that he never really made friends with others did not help it at all. He stayed with Voodok and learned the ways of life together with him. Sotha was abnormally gifted with surving and the Vortessence at a relatively young age for a Vortigaunt. A little bit later on in life, he woke up to not seeing Voodok. Voodok had taught him to stay calm however and he sat and waited. He could hear Voodok himself, though not there, he could clearly hear "Sotha'Sil, I have taught you all you need to know to survive... you will do good... I knew you were different from the others... all the way from the start...just remember what I taught you Sotha. Goodbye." That was the end of his adventures with Voodok, his mentor, however it was definitly not the end of his life. Not any time soon. Sotha was an extremely gifted vortigaunt and he kept living as he normally would, just without Voodok. He kept practicing and got to know the Vortessence as it soon became a part of him. He knew very well how to controll it, he could sit for hours and stay calm.

Sotha's life was simple for a while without Voodok. He knew he was to forget about his long lost friend. He found a new friend... its name was exploring. It sure became soon a friend to Sotha. Everyday, he would go out and travel. He went very far out some times. Out of reach from the cave he came to know as home. He loved to watch the flora and fawna of Xen. It was as if he was a part of it. He loved traveling Xen now, he did not forget about Voodok either and he still practiced and yes, he still got better with the Vortessence. Over time, Sotha slowly began to meet other vortigaunts, mostly travelers. He became more and more friendly with them untill he became a warrior for Xen. The vortigaunts were so fond and impressed of his knowledge of the Vortessence that he became a trainer. He trained vortigaunts with his great knowledge and became better known for it. He trained many vortiguants and taught them much, he thought of himself as Voodok, except he wasn't hiding from the outside. He still does not regret Voodok, as it was he who taught Sotha everything. Sotha became a very good trainer for the vortigaunts, he himself was also still improving. He was one of the older vortiguants now.

On what seemed like a very slow, but at the same time, quick time period... humans at Black Mesa discovered Xen. They sent scientists there frequently to collect samples. Sotha was lucky to see one of these occurences once. He was taking a walk with some trainees when behind a small hill a face popped out with a body that was unfamiliar to the vortigaunts. The human which was a scientists made a loud shrieking noise that the vortigaunts did not know the meaning of. Then the scientist ran off, and Sotha did not know what had happened or what it was. He knew something was not right. Soon the scientists found the Xen crystal which caused it all. The crystal they used was put in the Anti-Mass Spectrometer. It opened the rift between Xen and Earth. Nihilanth the supreme ruler of Xen rushed his forces into Earth, Sotha being one of them. He came into a world that was unreal to his eyes. He saw his brothers around him attacking at everything that moved, this included the "Innocent" scientists. Sotha stayed back some, he did not believe it.

Very soon the human ground forces arrived at Black Mesa, this confused Sotha'Sil even more as these ground forces were shooting both there own scientists and the vortigaunts. Soon they were outside the facility, Sotha looked at the strange desert environment he was in. Quickly, he ran for an escape... he did not want to be apart in this fight. He wanted to get away, he knew it was foolish... all of this was foolish. He knew hiding was the only way, he could think of it as he thought of Voodok. He looked back for a moment at his brothers fighting and dying. He knew he had to go back. Just as he was running back to help, he was caught in a rift. Suddently he was out in the middle of a forest. He of course did not know this, but it was a Europeon forest. Here he camped for years, he adapted and stayed put hoping that one of his brothers would find him. He had to hunt the local wildlife. He recognized some of the creatures that were on Xen were actually living in the forest. He knew that a portal had to have opened up. He still did not see any other vortigaunts anywhere. Here he stayed for a long time.

He woke up one morning to something he could never imagine, he thought he would never have to think about them ever again... The combine were invading. He watched from a cliff as they dominated the Earth forces. He now had a slight idea of what was going on. He did not like the humans much as everytime he thought of them, he would think of the Black Mesa incident. Still, he hated the Combine more than anything. He knew the Combine forces very well as the reason they went to Xen was because of them. He could recognize some of the war machines. Sotha was soon forced to live in hiding once again. The humans who had escaped the Combine rule were dwelling around him also hiding. He did not want to trust them, he knew it was just too much of a risk.

Sotha'Sil was now in what we call "The Outlands", he has been traveling for a long time now. He is constantly on the move, but remembers Voodok and the Vortessence. Yes, he has had to adapt, but he is becoming better. He stays away from the humans as best as he can. He is very clever and intelligent. He is also very wise. The rare times that he has found a vortigaunt, he was easily able to befriend them. He has become very calm and concentrating. Sotha'Sil eavesdrops on the humans and slowly is picking up small pieces of English. Sotha is one of the oldest vortigaunts living on Earth, he is slow at times. Also, sometimes he can be scary with his old vortiguant ways. He can be heard a lot singing and mumbling vortigaunt poetry. Sotha'Sil's closest friend at the moment is probably a rock... He is still making his way around and slowly becoming used to the humans. He still doesn't really like them, he doesn't seem to forget about the past. Not only this, but he knows that the combine know the Vortigaunts are on Earth. He knows he will be under constant hunt. Sotha currently does not have a home, he has been wandering. As Sotha continues to drag himself along as it seems he always thinks to himself, "The Vortessence is the only thing keeping me alive, Voodok is with me, and he has taught me. I am ready for this new place and what it throws at me. But I am not ready for its people..."

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Character is old, but wise.
-Very clever and intelligent.
-Very traditional with vortigaunt ways. (Befriends other vortigaunts easily)
-Familiar with flux shifting and very good at it from generations of using it.
-Very knowing, controlling, and powerful with the Vortessence.
-Very calm and meditates a lot to concentrate.

Defects
-Character is old, slower, and not as physically strong as other vortigaunts.
-Large target for combine forces.
-Terrible in English.
-Can scare humans with his old vortigaunt ways.
-Has a habit of hiding even when not needed from doing it so much.
-Sometimes very hard to understand.
-Loves to sing and mumble vortigaunt poetry which can sometimes give away his position.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
With these perks/defects I will roleplay as I always have, just from a different perspective and maybe in a different way. I think it will be a brand new experience as a vortigaunt and I do believe it is something I am ready for. I know these perks/defects are a privalage and I know not to abuse them. I will roleplay as my character would actually act, and make sure to develop my character carefully and well. I am patient myself, which will definitly help with roleplaying as this character.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No, no one else will need these auths or be using these auths.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 02:05:54 AM by Yagrum »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sotha'Sil's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 03:15:38 PM »
Accepted, ask in-game for whitelist.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal