Author Topic: My eyesight is somewhat worrying me.  (Read 6570 times)

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My eyesight is somewhat worrying me.
« on: December 10, 2011, 06:38:23 PM »
Well, over the past month I have noticed something different about my right eye. I see a slight, transparent shadow cast above all but the darkest objects I look at. Kind of like a ghost image. I am wondering if it has something to do with my lack of proper sleep. Perhaps the fatigue began piling up year upon year, until finally I ended up with this. It is also appearing occasionally in my left eye. I am planning to see my optometrist, but until then, what can I do? What do you think is causing it? And, could it be a permanent or just temporary eye problem?

PS:  The only other problem I have had so far in my life was farsightedness (which seemed to almost fully correct itself when I turned 14).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 06:39:59 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My eyesight is somewhat worrying me.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 06:43:14 PM »
No idea what might be causing it, the lack of proper sleep and other things might have caused it. I get blurry spots in my vision when I blink occasionally, but I don't see a transparent shadow.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 06:58:33 PM »
I tried sleeping through an entire day. It fixed the problem completely.... but then, about 20 minutes of HL2RP later... it was back.

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 07:13:24 PM »
Might be possible eyestrain?
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline emma

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 07:14:07 PM »
Too much masturbation, maybe?

1 week forum ban issued. Constantly trolling and doesn't want to be here ~ Crap-Head
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:23:51 PM by *anonim* »
;)

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 07:19:56 PM »
Too much sleep can be just as bad as too little sleep. Make sure you get a regular 6-7 hours of sleep every night, don't very this too much, even on weekends.

You may want to consult an eye doctor if the condition worsens. Asking a bunch of 12 year olds on the internet is not the right way to go about this.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 10:12:50 PM »

1 week forum ban issued. Constantly trolling and doesn't want to be here ~ Crap-Head

Ugh... Really?

And, perhaps you have been reading in the dark? I heard that effects you some how... Some how...

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 10:26:20 PM »

Ugh... Really?

And, perhaps you have been reading in the dark? I heard that effects you some how... Some how...
http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/reading-in-dim-light.htm

In 2007, the idea that reading in dim light ruins eyesight was named one of the seven medical myths that doctors are most likely to believe. The study, published in the British Medical Journal, revealed that reading in low light does not damage eyes, but rather causes eye strain. Eye strain is no walk in the park, though.

I'll say the same as Somone. Hope everything works out for you  :-*

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 04:22:50 PM »
I'm nearsighted, and taking my glasses off makes a small 'ghost image' like the on you described appear over everything, if it's a little dim out. Just go see an eye doctor.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline agrum

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 05:00:01 PM »
If it wen't away for little bit, I can tell you that it is probably not permanent. I am sure someone can help you with therapy, you may even be able to do it yourself as long as you know what you are doing.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 05:23:48 PM »
Got an appointment scheduled in a few weeks. However, getting more sleep will probably do it for me.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 12:36:14 AM »
Try sleeping for a long time and not using the computer or watching TV, maybe they are linked to the problem.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 08:05:33 AM »
I've never had any serious problems with my eyes, always had 20/20 vision. But in the past few years, I'm noticing like a little grey ball appearing in my vision. It's about the size of a grain of sand, and it only happens when in poor lighting or reading something which has a plain white background like the forums. Dunno what it is, but I don't think it's important at all. Just gets annoying as I try to focus on it all the time.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 10:18:15 AM »
Well, over the past month I have noticed something different about my right eye. I see a slight, transparent shadow cast above all but the darkest objects I look at. Kind of like a ghost image. I am wondering if it has something to do with my lack of proper sleep. Perhaps the fatigue began piling up year upon year, until finally I ended up with this. It is also appearing occasionally in my left eye. I am planning to see my optometrist, but until then, what can I do? What do you think is causing it? And, could it be a permanent or just temporary eye problem?

PS:  The only other problem I have had so far in my life was farsightedness (which seemed to almost fully correct itself when I turned 14).
I have times where my whole eye get's blurry and by blurry I mean like looking at a tv that is all staticy, I cant even see my hand in front of me. I just took a few days off the game and it stopped it comes and goes.

Offline Lone Legion

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 12:28:07 PM »
I have something similar, and it's making me pretty mad.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal