Author Topic: Accurate ban count.  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Accurate ban count.
« on: November 23, 2011, 09:45:22 AM »
Right now,  the Ban Counts on the forums are very inaccurate and following them is a joke.  Only 30% of them are accurate. 

Heres my idea.
  • Finally intergrate a system that if they get banned for more than 12 hours on OCRP in game they get a point
  • [Global] If the bans below 12 hours it wont give a point
  • If a admin unbans a person the point should remove automatically.  Right now it doesnt and some admins are too dumb to realize they can remove points.
  • All bans should be recorded into a database and when you click on that users ban level it displays the reasons.
  • If you get over 8 marks with the new system you get automatically permabanned.
  • Finally do HL2RP bans?

Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:50:33 AM by Rainbow Crash - Adumb S »

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Accurate ban count.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 02:07:22 PM »
ahhh like the ban point system in orange cosmos I still don't know why they haven't added this
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Accurate ban count.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 06:22:26 PM »
We already said that we don't do the ban-strike system. That was decided a long time ago. We have the ban counts (that are easily exploitable, I might add) just to keep track.

We don't have global bans due to servers being incompatible with each other, most notably HL2RP. HL2RP/Outlands uses SQLite for storing that information, making it impractical to access.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Accurate ban count.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 07:14:20 PM »
We already said that we don't do the ban-strike system. That was decided a long time ago. We have the ban counts (that are easily exploitable, I might add) just to keep track.

We don't have global bans due to servers being incompatible with each other, most notably HL2RP. HL2RP/Outlands uses SQLite for storing that information, making it impractical to access.
This. The current ban strikes only apply for ocrp and then only forum applied bans. Bans done ingame usually get attention of the admin banning, and the whole purpose of the count is for forum applied bans.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal