Author Topic: <:: || XXXXX-XXX.XXX PRIVATE LOGS || ::>  (Read 4815 times)

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
<:: || XXXXX-XXX.XXX PRIVATE LOGS || ::>
« on: November 21, 2011, 09:50:26 PM »
UNIT:XXX
DIVISION: XXXXX
CLEARANCE: XXX

Enter Password: ************
ACCESS DENIED: UNIT DOES NOT EXIST!

WARNING: UN£^%~"£$###############
ERR"£$^$£"%%&^***£%$"$£^%"^$243524^%£^"%$£"%£$62%$^&$^&345

Ente6543r Pas2&%##ord: ************
ACCESS GRANT#ED

Connectin4234#"£$^&^g to Netw^%ork
Connec#3ting...
Connecting...
Conn].]\ecting...
CONNECTION ESTAB~$£@LISHED

New Fi"^£$@##ened: msg."@^%~"£>2
Subject: Private Logs.

<::|| Remind me to thank GRID for doing me this favour.. It's much appreciated to have a completely confidential and completely uncensored log.. I hope anyway..

So.. The UNIVERSAL UNION is broken.. And I'm heading that way.. The joys of the world, fun and games.. It's all useless shit really. What really happens is hidden, and if I exposed it. I would be dead faster than I'm expecting. So.. Why is the UNIVERSAL UNION fucked? We'll start at the beginning.. This is my own story.. To myself..

713.. The useless unit, I did what I could but I was always frowned upon. I never really understood why, I just was. I don't mind. I got by. did what I could, but then I met 435. He showed me what it was like to have a friend in the union, trust, fairness, and comfort.. He is my mentor.. My father.. Brought me all the way up to where I am today. And without him.. I'd be just another reject.. Why is this important? It is later. I just find chronological order to make sense.. You start at the start.

The more interesting bits, the more memorable bits began life as an EpU. I was getting places in life. 435 taught me everything beforehand and was still teaching me today. At this time, we're both EpUs. I must admit I shot up the ranks, but it was due to him.
I decided to follow the traits of my mentor and to the same. I dived through the pool of recruits until I found two suitable subjects.
041. A loyal unit, trustworthy, and would do a thing for you. I took him on first and, by accident, he walked his way into one of my more elaborate treatment sessions.. He was broken.. Sent to NOVA (one of only three times NOVA have actually been fucking useful), and repaired. He was still broken.. And had a hate for the word "Burn". But nonetheless. This became an advantage.
I then stumbled across 234.. He was just as loyal, but I saw something more in him.. He had a voice, logic, command, and even at his low ranks he understood why we did what we did. He was menacing, but willing to learn to control it. He was perfect.

So. I had two "Students" if you will. Determined now to show 435 that I can do what he can. Mould perfect units out of good units. I mean. I don't blow my own trumpet often, but as a recruit. I did everything in my power to keep on top of work, training, and etiquette. Why? I didn't want to die. simple as.

As time went on I became more attached to 234. He was "Better" than 041. Why? I never really understood why. I just had that feeling about him. That feeling of power and success, likely brought around by the logic in his brain. 041, however.. He got progressively worse. I always feared that it was my fault he became the way he did. And I was correct. I'd failed him.. I'd failed 234. His best friend was a psychopath.. I did what I could, tried to ignore it, tried literally hiding him. And to an extent it worked for enough time.

The time went by, 234 managed to snatch an 03 rank and 041 an 04 rank. I was proud of my accomplishments and so should they have been. My time as an EpU? So far so good in my opinion. It just had to keep on going.

I hate Necrotics
I hate Canisters
I hate Crabs.

It was one of those days.. The bloody useless mortar units decided they were going to be off trajectory by about, I don't know.. TWO CITIES. Fuck. They annoyed me. The shells crashed down, necrotics everywhere. The ridiculous dispatch alerting us all of "Unusual Exogen Activity" fell on deaf ears. We all fucking knew what was happening.

I was clearing my way though the plaza, helping a few UNION 04s retreat to the nexus, they were terrified. And at the same time push through to the UCH to get citizens to safety when it happened..
It all went black and I can't remember seeing anything. I felt numb though.. Most of my right side was completely numb and I could faintly hear the sound of a biosignal loss screeching though my mask. Was I really that close to death that my suit had shut itself down? How was I alive? I can't remember much after that apart from being dragged upstairs by an 04.. Who? I can't remember.

It was a few good weeks until I got adjusted to my augmentation. At first I was angry. I hated it. It wasn't me, but I soon got used to it, and eventually used it to my advantage.. No one ever asked me what I did with those two mortar units I went out-city to visit one day.. Needless to say that I think I am the only one that truly knows where they are, and even then. I don't really know how to use a mortar that well.. They may be anywhere within a 100 mile radius, separated limb from limb obviously.. Fucking twats.

I recovered, and began my life again, I was still an EpU and if anything, I had a fear of headcrab canisters now. I showed it once when one was in the airlock.. I look back and laugh.. 435 was there.. He tried to calm me down..

Two days after I was called into the high command meeting room by an APEX OfC.. 158 I believe. He awarded me with the blue cross, the preservation of life, and the silver spear. I was honoured, finally. I was becoming everything I wanted to become.

I still kept on building bonds with 234, by this time 041 was too far gone even for me to control. It was worrying, but 234 and myself stayed strong. I kept on training, he kept on helping. Standard. Until one day I was called in by our DvL. He cancelled training. It was urgent.. I never realised what A mistake our DvL turned out to be, or my second Officer.. Not until it was too late.

Officer.. Commanding Officer of UNION.. I'd made it.. I had command.. I was in control.. I had power. I could control. I could start doing things I never imagined. It was good. Even myself an 813 had already started drafting reforms for UNION. We could fix the disorganisation. It was sweet. Apart from one thing..
I could issue Off-World-Relocations.. Capital one's at that.. And 041 checked all the boxes.
Even to this day I regret it, it hurts me, I feel responsible.. I caused his death.. And 234 would have been distraught.. But I never let him know.. Instead? I tried to hide it from him.. I kept on training.. we kept on working together..

Shortly afterwards though, everything fucked up.. Everyone and everything decided to fall apart, why didn't I see it further down the chain? Because you're blind, you never see the real problems with the UNION until you have the power to change it.

435 was taken on a sweep of Sector Six with a our other officer in search of a MALIGNANT. It was taken care of, but my officer, someone I began to work well with, had a dislike for 435. And the bastard took it too far..

I remember the HCMR that day, APEX.EpU.435 standing in front of my DvL, the prick, and the son of a bitch Officer.. Both twisting the words of an innocent and brave unit in front of them to stain his record black..
The thing about 435 though.. He never went without a fight..
I remember hearing the 9mm shot just before the flashbang went off.. I remember seeing 435 fall back and hit the floor.. That image.. It will be burned into my head for eternity..
I'm glad that my DvL or OfC realised that during this time I had my 9mm fixated on them, not 435.. If only I had taken those shots and called friendly fire.. Maybe he'd still be here..

I still hold 435s blade close to me. He made me a set of five.. I'll die with one.

435s Death broke me in two. I couldn't work, relax, or even stay in stasis.. I ended up just shorting out for a few days, having recurring flashbacks of his motionless body.. The only unit that showed compassion to me.. He was dead..

Eventually it got to me.. The pressure, stress, and sadness.. I couldn't take it.. 435 should not be dead.. And his name will live on forever..

It was about 4.43 if I recall, AM. The streets were dark and no patrols were around, so I dug my knife into the side of the S6 HAP and chiselled.. I kept on going for as long as I could.
At least everyone now knows that his name lives on forever.

In Memoriam
APEX-EpU.435.

I knew I couldn't stay this way forever, I had to keep on moving.. I had to make 435 proud.. I had to keep on working with 234.. Surprisingly though, it kept me strong. I used it to my advantage, as some kind of payback, and a way of ignoring the pain. 234 will become the model unit.. Or I will have failed.

234 got 03 rank shortly afterwards, I was impressed with his performance and skill. He was a true UNION unit. He knew the rules back to front, all of the theory, and even manages to shoot a gun accurately. I was proud, as a father would be. He worked hard, and deserved everything he was given. I knew that 234 was ready, and I trusted him enough to hold one of my blades. 435s blades.. He's never used it wrongly, and I appreciate that. He knows how much they mean to me.

I handmade 234 armbands too.. Custom black and red Armbands with gold embroidery. Sometimes I still couldn't sleep, even in stasis I could see his body, 234 kept me strong without realising it, and I owe him for that, more than he can imagine.

I still remember the joy I felt when I read my data objectives. To quote "UNION DvL DESERVICED." Revenge is sweet.. I didn't pull the trigger, and I wish I did, but still. It was something.

To make that day better.. I got 234 promoted again, he had command now. An 02.. And still, not even a single raised voice to his name from ANY high command unit.. 234 is the perfect unit. He became my son almost.. I'll miss him.

Out elitist friend, our OfC Training was placed into DvL.. Sure.. He had seniority, but I am COMMANDING Officer.. It never made sense to me. Especially seeing as he was elitist scum that eliminated opposition because he was afraid of them. I still hate him now. And I always will. He took my mentor, and no one else is to blame for that.

By now I realised that the UNION is broken, the whole UNIVERSAL UNION is fucked. why? No one talks, the SeC doesn't even seem interested in his divisions. The divisions don't talk and the High command in each division Argue like fuck.

It became evident when I was told by the new DvL that UNION was reverting to UNIFORM and that UNION will become decommissioned.. I was angry, all of that work with 813, ruined.. He didn't even asked me, he told me. Don't I get a say? Don't any of the division get a say? I was disappointed. I never understood why it was classified either.

Regardless, I only told one person, 813 due to the plans being cancelled, they needed a bloody good reason. They got one at least. I make him swear not to tell a soul.
The fucker leaked the information. Broke his promise.

I was demoted down to EpU on temporary work leave for seven days. After arguing, stressing, watching friends die, and now 570, a great unit. Promoted from 01 to OfC to take my place? Even temporarily that's madness.

Still, it wasn't that that made me set on him.. I think it was just the stress in general. I felt ill afterwards.. Shit.. I even apologised.. Still..
I was training a recruit in hand to hand, 717 to be exact. When 570 came in. I offered him a friendly match, and turned out to completely decimate him. I remember pinning him to the floor, repeatedly swinging at his mask with my augmented arm.. I don't even know why. I was venting anger.. But then It took a step too far.. I drew a blade against him and held it on his neck.. It was at this point that 717 was able to bring me back to logic.. I dropped my blade and stepped back.. What did I do? That wasn't me.. But to my acting officer taking my place? I can assume it looked even worse when the DvL found out..

I was surprised.. Only one black mark.. Still, the arrogant elitist twat shouldn't be where he is, he didn't even let me explain myself, then again.. How would "I'm still getting over you killing my best friend" work in the HCMR alone?

I thought that would be it then, until I received a message from the Sectorial Commander.. He got word of what happened.. And he wants a private meeting..
I am aware what I did accounts to an amputation..

I called 234 into the HCMR today and told him what happened, he was shocked, but he knows just as well as I do that my days were numbered. And I've decided to make this day my last active before the meeting.. 234 was saddened.. He feels ashamed and thinks he's let me down.. It's the exact opposite.. I am proud to be his mentor, he is the best unit the UNIVERSAL UNION has, let alone this city, he can do anything, I already know he's capable of commanding units above his rank well, I tested him. He is the one that can bring change. I failed him.. We were to do it together.

Still. I trust him enough to have given him the armoury code. on the day of the meeting I will leave him some equipment and everything else. My plans. My work. My organisation sheets. He will have it all, and he'll rise through the ranks quickly, he will fix the UNIVERSAL UNION. And more importantly, he'll do it with pride. I believe he can make it.

I can die happy knowing that 234 is here, and in charge. I am ready to face death. I die by my rules. And if I don't die. Then fine, we'll work up, we'll work forward, and both myself an 234 will fix what's needed.

I slipped him a single star today as well. He needed one, he just better be smart and hide it for a few days for my sake.

234, if you're reading this, well done on sorting out the encryption. It was difficult getting this far.
You are the UNIONs most valuable unit, strong, and faithful. And I am sincerely proud of your work so far. Keep it up.

This is the last time most units, if you make this public, will ever hear from me again. I have decided to begin my extended stasis period until the meeting effective immediately.

Best of luck, 234.
Standing Proud.
C18.11.45.CCA.UNION-EpU-OfC.713.XXX||::>

Sav"@^$6345s: msg.73%@#26#3
Saving File...
3Savin65ile...
Saving File423#'...
File Sa43'2ved

Disconnecting XXX.XXX.XXXXX-XXX.XXX
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTI%"$£^ON LOS##T........................
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:32:44 PM by Lrn2Kiwiee.mkv »
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: <:: || XXXXX-XXX.XXX PRIVATE LOGS || ::>
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 09:58:44 PM »
O.o

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:07:25 PM »
I'm interested.. Good O.o or bad O.o

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 10:12:17 PM »
// How did you gain the knowledge of how unearth like technology works in such a short time let alone l33t h4kc it? Not to mention the fact you were in UNION and had no experience in any of the technology except on how to form a message?

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 10:13:12 PM »
I wanted to cry at ze end dunno y
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline .:KFrohman:.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 10:13:41 PM »
// I approve of this log.
ICly, he had some kind of experimental datapad that GRID gave to him. He was using it during 10-100 earlier today.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 10:16:37 PM »
Holy shit, I'm scared for you bro, even if I don't know you IC.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 10:17:03 PM »
Remind me to thank GRID for doing me this favour.. It's much appreciated to have a completely confidential and completely uncensored log.. I hope anyway..

// How did you gain the knowledge of how unearth like technology works in such a short time let alone l33t h4kc it? Not to mention the fact you were in UNION and had no experience in any of the technology except on how to form a message?

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »
ICly, he had some kind of experimental datapad that GRID gave to him. He was using it during 10-100 earlier today.
// GRID wouldn't be taught how to mingle with the system (inb4 fuck the system from roflwaffle) as they don't have the full experience with it and not to mention the fact that most units (CmD and below) are still human thus I doubt any GRID unit would have the capability to create such an device that would bypass non human networks.

Offline Lord Bravery

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 11:05:50 PM »
// brb while I have the most extreme sad I have ever had in my entire life
god that is so morbidly obese
I don't
I'm going to die of a boo-boo'd heart
hhhhhh so sad HHHHHH SOOO SADDDD HHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 06:51:14 AM »
//Nice work on the log. It really helps put together the peaces of your story I have heard so I understand your unit better. It was alo a very interesting read seeing everything from your perspective. Good log and I hope you don't die.

P.S: Mind wipe the GRID units that did this for you. They know too much. ;p
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 11:02:29 AM »
// GRID wouldn't be taught how to mingle with the system (inb4 fuck the system from roflwaffle) as they don't have the full experience with it and not to mention the fact that most units (CmD and below) are still human thus I doubt any GRID unit would have the capability to create such an device that would bypass non human networks.
I think we should forsake a slight amount of canon for the good rp i know will ensue from this
what

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 12:18:10 PM »
// Thanks for lovely comments guise <3
Much appreciated, I had fun writing it too.

I am aware spelling and grammar sucks balls but I wrote it at 2am on a shitt laptop. Will consider updating spelling when can get around to it / have some free time.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 12:24:17 PM »
// Whoa, I am damn impressed. REALLY impressed. Damn good log...
I agree with Blt, let it be. Canon is canon, yeah, but good RP completely justifies if it's slightly non-canon.
I am the one that fixed your arm initially, when I was 01, then DvL augmented it. But it's not fair that you said that NOVA is useless q_q
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 12:26:19 PM »
// Whoa, I am damn impressed. REALLY impressed. Damn good log...
I agree with Blt, let it be. Canon is canon, yeah, but good RP completely justifies if it's slightly non-canon.
I am the one that fixed your arm initially, when I was 01, then DvL augmented it. But it's not fair that you said that NOVA is useless q_q
Perhaps, to fix it in canon, we could make it paper and him hide it with his other stuff for 234, and then say 234 puts it on or something, having removed certain bits to remember him etc?
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal