Author Topic: .:POLL:. Is the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 better? (in your opinion)  (Read 7589 times)

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Not putting the PC cause obviously its superior.  Not putiing wii because to me it sucks.

My favorite is the playstation 3.

I play on the xbox 360 atm because my current one is broke but on black Friday, my brother is buying me a new ps3.  So I will no longer be playing on the xbox 360.

REMINDER:
  Keep the raging/fanboylism down to a minimum.  Try to be civil about your answers.  If you rage too much you could recieve a forum warning or w/e.  Thanks

EDIT:  I don't know why, but I like making polls :3.

Xbox 360:

Pros- Better marketplace and friend system.

Cons-
  3 rings of death, i dont like the controller as much as playstation 3, internet costs money.

Playstation 3:

Pros-
Better controller, free internet, doesn't overheat as much as a xbox 360.  Slightly better graphics, and had bblue ray(however you say it)

Cons-
Marketplace and friend system sucks.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:39:06 PM by CrazyNinja »

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: .:POLL:. Is the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 better? (in your opinion)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 01:42:21 PM »
Playstation 3

Since I cannot be bothered to point out all the pros, I'll use what you've wrote:

Pros beat the Cons, more Pros than X360 has + If you really want good market place and friends system, hack PS3 and install Steam on it. Somehow. :P
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Sniping Hazard

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 01:51:22 PM »
Xbox 360

I've had a 360 Elite about 3-4 years and I've only had to send it in probably twice. I'm sure that the PlayStation 3 breaks sometimes but the 360, tells you when it overheats or breaks (3 rings). And for the controller, thats a bit more 'subjective' since your more likely to feel comfortable with the one you're more used to. Xbox 360 has had a lot of classic games too, like Halo and Gears of War. I also don't think Xbox live has ever been hacked. :/

I have to admit though, PS3 does sound pretty cool with free internet and Blu-Ray. But every consoles probably going to have their differences.

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 01:57:59 PM »
I thought I might do my own list of pros and cons...

Xbox 360:

Pros- Better marketplace, Better Controller,Much cheaper than PS3, Better Multi-player , Better on-line services, Better and great game selection, Halo, gamer score.

Cons- Loud (that's talking about the older models), Red rings of death, No Blue ray, Dashboard does not support 1080p, Xbox Live costs Money

PlayStation 3:

Pros- Blue Ray, some quality games with excellent graphics, free Multi-player, Quiet.

Cons- Bad Textures, generally poorer graphics across most games compared to the Xbox 360, some bad games...

My verdict.
Xbox 360.
I have both consoles.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 02:00:28 PM by Pirate bRoski »

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 02:01:17 PM »
I'd have to say the 360. I've been on a PS3 once or twice and I didn't like it all that much. I also prefer the Xbox controllers because they aren't small and have enough space not to button mash.

I might change my opinion if I played a PS3 more but tbh, I'm more of a PC user than anything.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 02:30:15 PM »
I think they're both good in their own respects.

If you're looking for a great marketplace, a very well made communication and community system, and news feeds, the Xbox is better. However the Xbox is more for hardcore gamers, who need to stay in touch at all times, and be informed.

If you're more of a casual gamer who doesn't necessarily need that instant access, than the money that goes into paying for Xbox Live really isn't worth it.

Another benefit to Xbox Live is earlier expansions - at least for Call of Duty.

Overall, your choice of Xbox or PS3 usually comes down to what your friends play. I have a mixed group of friends, but the ones who I usually talk to more often use the Xbox. Maybe when my Xbox's time comes, I might consider a PS3, but for now :

I'm a Live member and proud to be one.
Live free or die

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 02:34:02 PM »
Xbox 360

I've had a 360 Elite about 3-4 years and I've only had to send it in probably twice. I'm sure that the PlayStation 3 breaks sometimes but the 360, tells you when it overheats or breaks (3 rings). And for the controller, thats a bit more 'subjective' since your more likely to feel comfortable with the one you're more used to. Xbox 360 has had a lot of classic games too, like Halo and Gears of War. I also don't think Xbox live has ever been hacked. :/

I have to admit though, PS3 does sound pretty cool with free internet and Blu-Ray. But every consoles probably going to have their differences.

I have both consoles, hardly use them but the PS3 has never broke while my 360 broke once, both have ups and downs but the PS3 has free internet, blu-ray and better graphics, i dont really see how the 360 out weighs that

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »
Xbox 360

I have both consoles, hardly use them but the PS3 has never broke while my 360 broke once, both have ups and downs but the PS3 has free internet, blu-ray and better graphics, i dont really see how the 360 out weighs that

"better graphics" - neither have better graphics, they just have different graphics.

The PS3 has more blended graphics - that some may consider blurry - while the 360s graphics are sharper.

I prefer the sharper, but not everyone does. I played on a PS3 after playing the 360 for three years or so, and I had a hard time adjusting to the graphics, to the extent of which I actually got a headache. That doesn't mean the graphics aren't bad, it's just I'm seasoned to the sharper graphics of the Xbox.
Live free or die

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 02:56:41 PM »
no the ps3 has "better" graphics because it renders shadows and reflections a lot nicer due to the MUCH better processer and ram

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 03:24:01 PM »
Ps3 has a game called MAG, and it supports up to 256 players (exclusive to ps3), I don't think they can top that
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 04:28:06 PM »
Ps3 has a game called MAG, and it supports up to 256 players (exclusive to ps3), I don't think they can top that
That dosen't necessarily mean it's better. I could (Hypothetically) make a game for a console where 256 players play as chimps throwing shit at each other and nothing else. Would that make it a good console?

They're both good to their own right I think.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 04:39:13 PM »
That dosen't necessarily mean it's better. I could (Hypothetically) make a game for a console where 256 players play as chimps throwing shit at each other and nothing else. Would that make it a good console?

They're both good to their own right I think.
oh yeah didn't explain it fully, I'm saying the processor can hold up to 256 players without any lag
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »
that would depend on server(where the game server is), not client(the xbox or ps3)

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 05:12:29 PM »
>asks for our opinions
>says he himself didn't put wii because it sucks in his opinion

PERSONALLY, I believe PS3 and Xbox 360 are both large steaming piles of shit, and I'm happy playing Mario, Zelda, and Smash Bros on my Wii. Good day sir
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 05:16:59 PM »
wii is running on years old hardware, it might be good for casual games but that's its limits

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal