Author Topic: Jonathan Mikkel's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1158 times)

Offline agrum

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jonathan Mikkel's Civil Authority Application
« on: November 06, 2011, 01:30:09 AM »
Jonathan Mikkel's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Yagrum

IC Character Name: Jonathan Mikkel

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
         Jonathan Mikkel learned fast. He was very quiet, but his dad who was in the U.S. Army and was an engineer, taught him about life skills and respect. This came in useful. Although, Jonathan was born in a higher-class family, his neighbors who also were economically advanced happened to have a tendency to cause trouble. At a young age Jonathan's dad got him into wrestling and hockey, which kept him out of trouble. The boy knew respect and the fundamentals of authority.

Soon enough portal storms began to open. Jonathan and his family were amazed like so many others. Once the Union had taken over, Jonathan and his family were transported from city to city. During one of the transports Jonathan's mom grew ill, and was seperated from the family as she later died. This showed Jonathan that the Combine actually cared about them.  Of course he was sad, but they took an ill person away so that no one else would become sick and everyone would be out of harm. Jonathan quickly came to know that the Combine were here to help, not harm.

Not only that, but Jonathan's now old father always had told him how corrupt the world was. He mentioned all the lies throughout the governments, all the crime, and poverty. When the Union came, a lot of that had become controlled and civilized. Jonathan knew that he would have to do his part for the world. Once Jonathan was finally moved to City 45, he knew he would be staying for a while so he began to help the Union. He started with small jobs then went bigger. Some times he would make stands in the city for people to clean. Jonathan wanted to help the city more than the average citizen.

Jonathan was now a loyalist and wanted to take the next step. He wanted justice. He now knew he would either join the CCA or CWU. He wanted excitment, but at the same time he wanted to help and sustain the citizens. He set out for the CCA. He knew now that he could finally take part in something he was proud of. Not only would this help his city, but hopefully some of the people would realize he was helping them too. He is ready to take on the next step and become a CCA. He believes the Union is the only way for success. Some people may say he is mentally poisoned... he says not.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Respectful, Calm, Ambitious, Serious, Attentive, Observant, Efficient, Diligent, Honest, Imaginative, Independent, Formal, Obedient, Optimistic, Refined, Responsable, Skillfull, Useful, Wise.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
         I am expecting the CCA to be still relaxing, but more exciting. I think it will be a new way for me to roleplay. I will meet new people, and learn new things. I think the CCA will be very unique as I always will have something to do. I am expecting the CCA to be a fun way to develop a character who is taking on a new responsibility and task. The CCA will bring roleplay to me in a newer way. I think I am great at roleplay at the moment, but I believe having a CCA character will make me better and the people I encounter and RP with better.

I am expecting to learn from other CCA members. I am expecting to progress through and rank up. I believe the CCA will require me to play a lot (Which I already do), but this wont be a problem. I will have fun doing what I do. I will see things and get better and more fluent with the system. Overall I think the CCA will definitly be a positive effect for me. I think I might come across some fail RPers, but I wont just quickly record them and then make a ban request. I will attempt to teach them correctly. I believe the CCA is right for me and I hope the good things I am expecting are true.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

Jonathan Mikkel was born on January 1st in 1985. The night was blizzard-like and cold. He was born in the same town he would grow up in, New Canaan, Connecticut. New Canaan was a very upper class town. Jonathan lived in a larger house with his parents. He had no syblings which was a benifit to him starting off being quiet. His dad was a retired US Army Engineer. So Jonathan's dad got Jonathan hooked into building and fixing things at a small age. Jonathan was homeschooled by his mom, who also worked on her buisness at home on her computer. This of-course didn't help with Jonathan's quietness. Although Jonathan's neighborhood was very rich, many of Jonathan's neighbors had trouble-making kids who loved to be snobs. This made it so Jonathan couldn't have very much friends. This is why he became so friendly with his dad. When Jonathan got a little older, his dad got him involved in wrestling and hockey. In the summer, wrestling would keep him busy, while in the winter he could play hockey. He got pretty good with both. This made him a little less quiet. When Jonathan got older he started to join clubs like a Science and Building club. This made him even less quiet, and soon he didn't mind talking. He still wasn't big on talking though. He had more of a serious attitude. Jonathan loved to explore in the woods which surrounded his house, this benifitted to his not only physical shape, but mental too. He found that nature calmed him to a point that he could be calm even in dire situations. Jonathan was now in High School, which he was still being homeschooled. He was doing excellent, this came to the more independent side of him. However he still was a great listener. Jonathan's interest for mechanics became useful when he got a job at a small mechanical shop where they fixed mechanical and electrical devices aswell as cars.

Jonathan was soon about to head off to college when just then the portal storms began. Jonathan had remained calm, but his family did not. Everyone was scared. Soon the Seven Hour War began. Jonathan was a little nervous this time. And you can't blame him. Even though he could remain calm very well, if your planet was being attacked you better bet you'd be scared too. They heard of Earth's surrender. Jonathan's dad had told Jonathan about all the bad in the world. About all the sickness, lying, corruption, poverty... This came to Jonathan that the Combine came to help. Without any resistance, they let the Union take them. City by city they travelled through. While travelling Jonathan's mother became sick and ill. Because of his good behavior to the Combine, Jonathan was able to say goodbye to his mom. They took his mom away as she later died. Jonathan was sad, as anyone would be if their parent passed away. He knew he had to move on though. He began to think... He thought how the Combine got a sick person away from others to keep them safe. Jonathan hadn't thought about it this way yet. The Combine were just trying to keep him safe and away from harm. He thought again about what his dad always told him about the world. Then he knew he wanted to become a part and help the Union. He knew they were not here to hurt anything, but he thought they were here to help. Finally, his now old dad passed away. He soon came apon his new city of City 45. Here he would be staying for a long time. He knew this had to be his chance. For weeks, he did small jobs with the Union around the city. He reported everything illegal. Soon he was become known. People who hated the Union knew him as a pig. Other loyalists and some CWU started recognising him. Soon he was doing larger jobs and he was now a full scale loyalist. He started to put up stands to help citizens. Now Jonathan knew it was his turn to help the world and the Union. He wanted to become a part of CWU or the CCA. After some thinking he chose the CCA. Jonathan now knows he can take part in what he dreams in. He can now be a part of the Union. Jonathan knew the risks of becoming a CCA, but he couldn't resist. He wanted an exciting life, while controlling citizens and teaching them that they are trying to help. He thought about his dad and mother. He knew now... that this is what he was meant to do.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No, I have never had a CCA character on Catalyst Gaming.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Since 2005, which is 5-6 years now.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
I started my first serious roleplay 3 years ago.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I have been on the forums for almost 3 weeks, but I have been playing for 4 weeks total.

4. What Time zone are you in?
I am in the Alaskan timezone. (9h during Standard Time)

5. In what country do you live?
I live in the USA and speak English.

6. How old are you?
I am 21 years of age.

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable RP experience actually was on a CG server. I was on HL2 RP (City), and a CWU made a small camp area for me and some other people to rest in S6. We stayed there with lanterns and bedrolls and shared stories as the CWU offered us food.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, when I am gaming I have very few distractions and I have my attention to the roleplay.

IC Section

Full Name: Jonathan Mikkel
CID: 23384
Height: 6 Feet 1 Inch.
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Greenish
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 187 (LB)
Mental Distinctions: Very formal.
Mental Defects: Has minor demophobia (Fear of large crowds around him.)
Mental Advantages: Can keep calm in dire situations.
Notable Qualities: Independent

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I have never been detained.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, every chance I can.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I am willing to give my life in the cause of the Universal Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I accept.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, I solemnly swear to remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as I live.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I don't want to join the CCA to have weapons or feel powerful or anything like that. I wish to join to have a more exciting roleplaying experience. I know that the CCA is a privalage and I will not abuse it. I wan't to experience a new roleplay with new people. I believe roleplaying as a CCA will be interesting. When you play HL2, you play as the main enemy as the Combine. I will now play as one of them. I believe I am ready to take on this new roleplay.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Jonathan Mikkel hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 03:30:05 PM by Yagrum »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jonathan Mikkel's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 09:03:17 AM »
UNIT: 522
DIVISION: UNION
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...