Author Topic: James Wilcox's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1119 times)

Offline RebelGrunt

• View Profile
    • Awards
James Wilcox's Civil Authority Application
« on: November 03, 2011, 04:17:40 PM »
James Wilcox's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: RebelGrunt

IC Character Name: James Wilcox

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Personally my character thinks that the Union occupying Earth is a glorious thing that happened to us. Like everyone else he was scared at first but he has no problems with the Union. When he was told about some rebels he was impressed that they would stand up for themselves but now he realizes they are foolish since the Union is protecting us and not harming so what is their to fight against? He sees them as the Union as if they are here to help us.

Most people around him were fighting against the Union but when he asked why he was confused with their responses. They said they didn't want to be forced to do anything and they wanted freedom. While the Union isn't forcing us to do anything that will harm us unless we personally give them a reason too. James looks to become a CCA officer to show citizens they aren't all bad considering he is a kind person.

James dad was a very respectful man. While growing up James took after his dad. His dad always told him to show respect and help anyone he can no matter what. James took this to his heart and live by this. When the Seven Hour war was over he was moved from city to city. Everywhere he went he found lots of thieves and murders. He decided that since this is disrespectful to both him and the Union he was going to try to put an end to it. Finding no legal way to stop them other then requesting for CCA officers he decided to find another way.(This last line basically meaning he found joining the CCA the best way to stop them.)

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Respectful, Law-abiding, Trustworthy, Giving, Determined

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I expect the CCA to be a new and enjoyable experience. I have never been a CCA officer but I have watched many of them on multiple servers. It seems like they always have something to do. I love it when a CCA officer ties their old citizen beliefs into their new Union beliefs. They really seem to fascinate me.

As James, I expect it to be a great benefactor to me. My character will even develop more story over time. Plus being part of the CCA is a goal of his so he will enjoy ever second of it. Most of all I want to see what it will be like from the other point of view.(aka meaning not being a citizen) Another huge thing is that I expect it to be fun since their is different sections after training like GRID, NOVA, and UNION.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
James Wilcox was born on August 6, 1988 in a hospital near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He grew up in a decent community surrounded by family he loved and cared for. He averaged A's and B's in school, got multiple awards, and never seemed to get into major trouble. But one day that shocked the world changed his life forever, good or bad. When the portal storm opened he was scared for his life. He remembered during the Seven Hour War his mother was killed during a firefight. His family was devasted at the loss of her. His mom and dad were both huge role models in his life. Throughout his childhood he wanted nothing but to be as good-hearted as them. This meant he was personally the most devasted one in his family. He was lucky enough to not be at the firefight where his mom died. As people started to immigrate the major cities of the world his family did the best they could do to help. The house they lived in was packed. People were sleeping on the floors and even on the porch swing. Taking in anyone they can find a space for made James a very proud man. Even when James and his sister were unable to find a spot for someone their dad always made one. James soon became known as a very giving man. James and his family were then relocated to different cities. His dad and sister went to one while James was sent to another.He was devastated by the thought of being away from his family forever. While moving from city to city he found himself surrounded by thieves and murders. Seeing them everywhere always made him angry because there wasn't much he could do to stop them. Helping CCA officers take some of them down showed James the true power of the Union. Deciding his chances against the combine were very slim he decided instead of fighting them why not join them? The city he spent a lot of time in was City 11. There was lots of nice people here and found himself in love with it. He soon found out he loves to help the citizens of City 11 and especially doing what he can for the CCA. He volunteers some of his time to trying his best to keep the streets clean. James has recently obtained a Loyalist armband and is now prouder then ever to be called a Loyalist. He obtained it by cleaning the streets, helping CCA against resistance, reporting any and all anti-union/anti-citizen propoganda. City 45 was going to be James new home soon. As he packed he seemed excited to hopefully find a City that he will able to truly help. When arriving he found he was surrounded by people that were coming from the same city....City 11. Upon entering City 45 James filled an application out for the Civil Workers Union. This might be his ticket to truly help someone. He has recently acquired Civil Workers Union status. He enjoys his job but is disappointed because he has never really helped a citizen other then give random information they asked for. Trying his best to help anyone he can he has finally found his best chances of helping his fellow citizens....being part of the Combine Civil Authority. James filled an application out and sent it in and is now patiently awaiting to hear back.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Nope.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About 3 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Off and on for about 2 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I believe like anywhere from 3-6 weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time

5. In what country do you live?
United States of America

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I remember in a server I played for about a week before it died down. I was talking to my friend and a man came up to me. He was old and looked weak. The man asked me for some food or tokens. I had just recently bought some chinese takeout. I decided to share with the man and I even went and got us breen water from a vending machine. I remember the man explaining me lots of things about the city since I had just recently relocated. He was one of the nicest rpers I had ever met.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: James Wilcox
CID: 81188
Height: 6'2"
Hair Colour Brown.
Eye Colour: Brown.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: Around 190 pounds.
Mental Distinctions: Pays attention.
Mental Defects: Not the best multi-tasker.
Mental Advantages: Attentive.
Notable Qualities: Calm.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No I have not.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes they are really good.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Of course.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Definetly.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
Growing up I have been surrounded by "bad" people. I want to put a stop to them. Even if it takes my life.Combine Civil Authority does its best to take them down but I believe they need someone like me that truly despises what they try to do against the Union. I also want to join because I believe the Union occupying the Earth is a glorious thing so if I am able to be apart of the Union I will be overjoyed. As a CWU Tier 3 member I have gained skills in helping citizens and other officers. I feel it is only right to try to be apart of Combine Civil Authority.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, James Wilcox hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: James Wilcox's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »
UNIT: 522
DIVISION: UNION
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...