Author Topic: Lola Riktoson's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lola Riktoson's Civil Authority Application
« on: November 01, 2011, 05:52:54 AM »
Lola Riktoson's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: kenais36

IC Character Name: Lola Riktoson

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
She finds the combine fascinating but also terrifying as she knows what power they have. They can, and will use it against any resistance they meet. Still they are fascinating, because of their technology, and she knows what they could help mankind with. She knows their technology are a lot better than humanity’s and her only way to help use it, is to join the Civil protection.
She has seen, what happens to other citizens trying to resist; Headcrab attacks, amputation, torture, detainment, beating, all of it. Weather it is to make rebels talk or just for fun.
Therefore she knows, it would be the best idea to be a part of the winning side, to be away from those being tortured.
She believes it’s her best and only way to survive the combines reign. She knows that mankind lost the war in seven hours, and then it would be the only logical idea is to bow to the overpowered race protecting them. She knows if mankind learns to see the good things in the combine, they would probably have better lives. But because they are rebelling they must react and making it worse.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
She is nervous, shy, lawful, trustworthy, and observant.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I’m expecting to improve my roleplaying skills so I can role-play better with other people. I also find it interesting, I want to explore more of this exciting role-play game. Trying to improve my knowledge of this “world". The combine world.

My character expects to live her life a little better  than it is right now as a citizen. She expects to be able to help society and keep the city clean of criminality. Hoping to make it safer for citizens to live their live normally, hopefully gain a little respect from other citizens, and would probably enjoy their fear if she’s so lucky to get high ranked.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Lola was born inside a poor family, as the youngest member. She was living with her parents, her 8 year old big brother and five year old big sister in a small house, sharing rooms with each other.
They lived outside town surrounded by forest, so takes the bus to school daily, always arriving too late.
By the time she was nine, her brother left to the city in an attempt to get a job to earn money for the family.   At the age of 14. Lola got kicked out of school, for not coming in some days and refusing to do her homework.
Because of this Lola was forced to be home schooled by her mother, only learning what her mother knew. Her father worked as a cloak worker, coming home late, usually around 2am, and her mother worked in a clothes store.
At the age of 19, the 7 hour war began, her big brother was in the military and was forced to fight the combine. Her big sister was medically trained, so she left them too to help the injured soldiers from the fights.
Now Lola, and her parents where alone. Hiding in their house, seeing the combine taking more and more of the city. She knew that her sister and brother were down there somewhere, if they weren’t dead or captured...
Weeks after the seven hour war started, a canister suddenly smashed into their house knocking out her father. Lola was asleep at the moment, but  was instantly awoken by the sound of the canister. She walked outside her room and immediately saw the headcrabs,  already beginning to take over her father, burying into his flesh. Her mother tried to to fight them with a kitchen knife, but got overrun. Lola ran inside her room again. Closing and locking her doors and windows, trying  not to panic.
Two days after the headcrab attack, Lola was starving, thirsty and all alone. Hearing the moans coming from  outside her door. She was afraid. What was it?. she just tried to keep it out of her head.
The third day and she was nearly unconscious. She heard what sounded like a car. Just as she was losing consciousness, she heard something running inside, firing a few shots.
When she  awoke again, two men were staring nervously at her. Between them they had both food and a glass of water. A small pistol was resting on a table to the right of one of the strangers. Before she could say or ask about anything they gave her the food, demanding that she ate and drank it..
After she had eaten, they  took Lola outside.She screamed. She saw the bodies of her parents lying dead on the floor. Their stomach torn apart, guts and blood laying all over the floor. Headcrab bodies were dotted around the room, some lying dead on the furniture.. She fainted at the sight.
She woke up again later inside a small building, one after one, each of the two people who saved their life, and were being processed. A strange person with a strange mask was asking for their name, surname, birthday and other information. Eventually it was Lola's turn. She gave in her information and proceeded to sit with her rescuers. Before they were released they got issued their CID Card. Lola received the CID: #86330. She was handed a jumpsuit, and was told to put it on. She now lived in city 11.
After days in the city she had learned the rules, what to do and what not to do. She decided she wanted to be loyal to the combine, making sure she didn’t have the same as her parents . After days in City 11 she got to know Cecilia Henriksen. They started to live together in a small apartment. What Lola didn’t know, was that Cecilia was not loyal, but the opposite. Trying to crush the Combine reign. After months in city 11 they were told to move to the train station together with everyone else. At the checkpoint, Lola passed with ease, but Cecilia was forced to stay back and two Civil Protection units took her away.
Lola had to leave her behind, not knowing what would happen to her. She stepped on the train, looking back for Cecilia, who was disappeared. In the train they were told, they were to be relocated to city 45 because of city 11's damage.. At city 45 Lola asked a CP about what happened to Cecilia. The CP just told her to move along. Lola started her life in city 45, all alone, with no friends. Only with one objective. To be successful, to be loyal. And to join the Union. Why? Because she had nowhere else to go...

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No i haven't.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
For little more than 1 year.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
For 1 year.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
For 7 months

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT 1+

5. In what country do you live?
Denmark

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Some days ago, when a headcrab canister event happened. There were 5 people barricading inside my apartment in the UCH and there  was  a lot of intense role-play. Roleplaying the fear and wondering how we were going to get out of this safely. After a while, trapped inside the apartment, I tried to request a CP Unit. After a while 2 OTA’s came inside, cleaning the UCH and sweeping for headcrabs.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes I do, I mostly listen to people, rather than talking.

IC Section

Full Name: Lola Riktoson
CID: 86330
Height: 5'7
Hair Colour Blonde
Eye Colour: Hazel
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 139 lbs
Mental Distinctions: Nervous about Personal space, leading to high spacial awareness. Very observant.
Mental Defects: Slight paranoia.
Mental Advantages: Observant, hard working, precise.
Notable Qualities: Very polite and easy to talk to.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Once:
Privacy Break, when I tried to report a citizen; I received a level 3 verdict only losing 1 loyalist point.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Whenever I can, but I also try to save it for if I should get hungrier in the future. I have never eaten anything other than UU-branded food.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I am willing to give my life for the Civil Protection.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes I accept my responsibility. If something goes wrong either by my actions or my authority, I am ready to take the consequences...

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I will always remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union, until I die under their commands, orders and actions. 

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I have seen the consequences resisting, and I want to help our society, against criminals.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Lola Riktoson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:42:26 PM by LeoMarr »

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lola Riktoson's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 07:32:27 AM »
The paragraphs are only 2 sentences, i know, but in office word they are on 4 sentences :/ I made it in office word, because of the old system, then i got pointed out the new system, and now its on the new system. That's why its shorter than the original :(

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lola Riktoson's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 08:17:53 AM »
UNIT: 522
DIVISION: UNION
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...