Author Topic: Brad Guthrie's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Ipwnedx

• View Profile
    • Awards
Brad Guthrie's Civil Authority Application
« on: October 31, 2011, 07:58:04 AM »
Brad Guthrie's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: airsoftman87

IC Character Name: Brad Guthrie

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
First day in City45, Brad saw a person in a strange suit. He wondered what he was, so he asked his peers and got the reply of a Combine unit. Brad saw them handling some kind of technology device, and Brad asked if they needed any help, but he was instantly denied. So Brad just walked away but the combine asked him to come back and told him to do a few chores. So roughly Brad did some chores and walked away with a few loyalist points. He felt good.
After a couple days, almost a week Brad thought about the Loyalist points and how they affect Citizens. He asked a combine and got the reply of 'They improve your popularity on the streets and of the combine. We like to give you them, and you like them yourself.' Brad thought for a moment about the quote the combine gave, but again just walked away. He sort of figured out what they were. Brad, himself liked being a 'popular' one to the combine. So he just hoped he could be like them one day.
Brad was building up his popularity, with citizens and combines. Doing mini chores for them and tattling on crime suspects. Over the time he earned Loyalist points and got to the point of getting a Loyalist Armband. Brad wore the armband with dignity; it felt great on him and made him relax. After all, he was well respected by a few of the combine, mostly because of that one little band he had on his arm. Brad, asked how he could become part of the combine. They told him to fill an application out.
So Brad, went to the Nexus and got a form, and started filling it out. He spent lots and lots of time on it for a while, after sending it in. Brad was then waiting to see if he got accepted to join part of the CCA.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Honest, Trustworthy, Responsible, Straightforward

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Well, I honestly think that it will be a huge accomplishment. I would first get myself geared and ready for this. I would get set to get into the combine and I would practice what to do when a situation happens. I would choose to roleplay as well as I can and try to act as responsible as a real combine would. I would make my way and listen to all of the leaders of the combine, 04 and up. I would try my hardest to become a next generation of the rank and hopefully get prepared for the next rank in the combine. I expect to have many strict rules though. I am almost positive that if I get accepted into the combine I will get treated like an army recruit. I know that the leaders tell us strictly what to do, and we enforce on what they tell us to do. I would be as well as I can be and follow all commands and rules for the combine them selves. Combines need some backup? Count me in on it, and I will be there. I will be fully prepared and will have what it takes to be part of the combine any time! I do expect a very challenging expierence and a lot more responsibility.
CHARACTER
Well, after seeing some people patrolling the streets, and some beatings for a long rough time I feel I should join this. I am an active Loyalist in the city and a little respected. I would always care to help with beatings and throw people in the booking center. I would patrol with my fellow units and get in some action. Hope we don't hurt when doing our jobs.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Brad Guthrie, a wannabe professional sharpshooter. He never got the chance to get into the Shooting Club and apply, but he was a great shot. After years of expierience with living on farms, he has produced a well known reputation for him self. Many people would go to his farm just to see him shoot. Brad was a very good farmer and a hunter. He would always go out to hunt in the evening near dusk, and look for some wild boars or deer for his dinner. He loved to hunt animals, but he got obsessed with it. His father who was in the navy told him he needed to stop, but he wouldn't. Brad loved hunting so much he didn't care what he hunted, as long as he got a good shot. He soon then realized that he is overpowered for hunting and resisted himself as much as possible. He set limits for his hunting, and would eat everything he hunted. But on the Saturday of 2004, the worst incident happened to him. He was out hunting a wild boar for his dinner and laying down, but out of nowhere another one came up behind him and rung a tusk straight into his head. He was extremely fortunate to find out there were no brain injuries, but he found out that he was deaf in his left ear. After that, he made a promise to himself to never hunt again. And from that day on, he never touched his rifle again. But, over the course of a few years his addiction was coming up back to him. He resisted as much as he could. After his hunting addiction wore off mildly he went into town and did some target practice. He did so amazing that the range officers bet him he couldn't make a shot in the bullseye. He got the bullseye straight dead on in the middle. Eventually he made tons of money and went out to buy himself a larger house, and stopped farming. He purchased a very large and luxurious apartment for $1200 a month. Even though the price was near outrageous, he could still get it. With all of his gambling money he became extremely rich and bought himself a private shooting range, with an illegal arsenal of guns consisting from semi automatic M4's to automatic Berreta's. He spent almost all day in his range, hitting bullseye after bullseye. After doing all of that he found out that his father died from a plane crash. He was extremely depressed and took antidepressants. They didn't work very well at all and unfortunately he had suicidal thoughts. He asked a lot of friends for help and they said that joining a force with high power would really help, since it makes you feel like you are well respected. He went to his personal therapist for some support, but barely got none. He was nearing his own way to suicide. But he decided with his friends to join the Rebel Army. He entered and got his job set as the 'Recruit'. All he did was follow orders of all of the other leaders and do what they said. He neared his way up to a larger position as a 'Leader' and felt very good of himself. He was really proud of himself, and he was glad that his shooting skills paid off. He was on fire catching enemies in gunfights and always being the top shot of the day. He was awarded 'Rebel of the Month' award many times and was happy. But people became jealous of him. At his apartment, there were death threat notes telling him to stop taking over and actually give others a chance. Since he worked for the rebels he decided to go tell the chief what these death threats were. When he went up to the chief's office, tables were turned. The chief told him that the threats were from the chief himself, and the chief unholstered his gun and aimed it directly to Brad's chest area. Brad put a hand straight to his gun and was ready to pull it, but it was too late. The chief shot Brad straight in the chest and Brad was injured terribly. Paramedics came quickly to the scene, a litte away from the rebel base, and the chief briefly told them that an armed gunman shot him through a window. They all believed it stupidly and Brad himself was trying to tell the truth, but they wouldn't believe him over the chief. Brad survived, with terrible chest pains every aching night and morning. Quickly after he was released from the hospital, he quit his job and was getting ready to get revenge on the chief of the rebels. He was gearing up with a silenced pistol and smoke grenades. He planned it to be on a Sunday night when all the other rebel men were on break, except for the chief who didn't have any breaks. Then, Sunday night comes. He drives his white BMW to the station, and lockpicks the door to get inside. Luckily for him nobody sees, so he decides to just make a crazy move. He takes the elevator straight to where the chief's office is and see's the chief doing paperwork. The chief gasps and yells several curse words at Brad. Brad then pulls out his pistol, aims for the head and goes for the kill. He shoots once in the head and boom. The chief falls to the ground. Brad quietly escapes and drives home steadily and slowly as if nothing ever happened. Then he thought about what he did when driving. He just killed the chief of rebels! He decided to go back and call the paramedics for help, but it was too late. Brad became madly depressed, and decided to hunt one time to take some depression off of him. He does perfect shots against wild deer racking up hunts and wild game. He felt very good after the hunt, since it took all day to complete. He then, promised himself to always serve for the people and give fair advantages to others. Every night before he went to bed and slept he would think of what he did on that dreadful Sunday night. He cried himself to sleep many times after manning up to it. He moved to City 45 and decided to start his life all over again. He found out that Dr. Wallace Breen was taking over the place though and had combines all over the place patrolling the citizens. Brad lived in the low profile zone and kept quiet about himself and lived a boring and depressing life in the slums for 3 and a half years. He developed a want to join the CCA and asked a few units how to join and get in it, but they just said 'You can't.' or 'You have to apply, but I doubt you would get in' so Brad got extremely mad at that. He then walked up straight to the office of the chief and asked to apply, and after that he started filling out the application form.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Three years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
One year

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
A month

4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time Zone

5. In what country do you live?
United States

6. How old are you?
16 and a half

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
When there was a 'survival' going on at another HL2RP server and I was a combine. I was fighting off a few anti-combine citizens and killed two but one escaped. We were on the chase for him for about a day, but eventually we all quickly detained him after rushing in his house. He indeed did have loaded guns, ranging from an AR2 to a Frag Grenade, but in the end we detained him.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Brad Guthrie
CID: 28318
Height: 5'10
Hair Colour Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 180 lbs
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: None
Notable Qualities: Good listener + Deaf at left ear

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join the CCA mostly because of the greatness and honor they get respected of. I thought it would be great for me to join because I like to be a person in high respect. I would follow all of the other leaders and tell the citizens to do chores at their hands. I would keep trying and focus on getting better each time and rank up for the combine itself and try to not get myself in trouble. I would patrol around the area many times and also be watching over the citizens whenever, especially if we are doing CID checks or Ration distributions. I would always be there to help out fellow combines and be able to be backup for their needs. I believe in myself that I have enough responsibility in me to join this great force, and hope to join it with respect and dignity! I would promise to carry out all orders requested, commanded and told.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Brad Guthrie hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:42:40 PM by LeoMarr »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Brad Guthrie's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:49:19 PM »
UNIT: 522
DIVISION: UNION
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Brad Guthrie
Citizen Identification Number: 28318

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| Application's backstory lacks details, the seven hour war and I'm pretty sure you need an authorisation for gun training. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting 522
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal