Author Topic: Hi  (Read 4100 times)

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hi
« on: October 27, 2011, 10:54:02 AM »
Hey, it's Krystal.  Won't be on for a long time.  Got in trouble with the ISP.  No net for at LEAST a month.  Don't expect me to reply to this thread often, as I have no way too.  Did this via an old phone with whatever minutes I had left.  Happy gaming.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 11:14:28 AM »
The hell did you do

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 11:18:39 AM »
My ISP thought one of my games was pirated cause I used a no-cd mod,  So, its off untill they realize they goofed.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 11:21:35 AM »
The hell? Since when ISP has any right to check your PC? They're obviously breaking law, since they had to scan your disk/RAM to find out.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:29:22 AM by Veran120 »
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 11:24:34 AM »
^^^ that

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 11:33:35 AM »
I suggest you change ISP's if they go that far
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 11:38:19 AM »
LOL, cant, under fed investigation.  I think that they only know about it cause I had to dl the no disk mod via torrent, making it look like a pirated game.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 11:45:20 AM »
I agree they can watch your incoming/outcoming traffic, but they have NO right to check what file you've downloaded. And since No-CD patch is around 1 MB, they have no base to suspect anything. Torrent itself cannot be a base either, since you can download legal files as well from it. So, they had to scan your PC or RAM. Go to a court with that, they are breaking the law.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 11:56:19 AM »
If the file is being monitored sure, but a nocd patch wouldn't be watched.

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 12:00:08 PM »
It isnt just the ISP, Capcom reported it,  twas a re4 mod that apparently conflicts with their terms service agreement...  Even though its a single player game.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal