Author Topic: A huge improvement for player administration issues.  (Read 4972 times)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A huge improvement for player administration issues.
« on: April 14, 2011, 03:27:17 AM »
I know, the title sounds kinda weird, but its just a list of suggestions that helps people to post ban requests, appeals and such.

Forum-side suggestions.
1. Add a members list + search function.
2. Add a ban list with ban lengths, reasons and which admin banned him.
3. Add steam ID's to peoples profile pages. (This requires global linking, aka a mySQL server.)
4. Add peoples roleplay name on their profile page. (idem as ^)

Half life 2 roleplay suggestions.
1. Add a function/way for admins to see peoples steam, and roleplay name even though they only know the character physical description.
2. Perhaps an ingame report system? (What I mean is a way for people to report rulebreakers ingame which makes a log of console, and sends it as well at the players information to either the forum, or a sort of email system ingame.)
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A huge improvement for player administration issues.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 03:44:19 AM »

1. Add a function/way for admins to see peoples steam, and roleplay name even though they only know the character physical description.

For this use aura_adminesp 1, then when in observer you can see names.

And yeah, I think we need a /report or /a system to speak to admins, it would be very useful...

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 04:53:38 AM »
Ban list is going to be soon as the mysql shit is being done so that we can ban via fourms soon enough too.
what

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 04:57:31 AM »
For this use aura_adminesp 1, then when in observer you can see names.

And yeah, I think we need a /report or /a system to speak to admins, it would be very useful...

Thanks! I was having kinda trouble not knowing some people's names if I spot them punchwhoring someone else etc.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:28:53 AM »
Yeah, all of these sound great, and some are in the process of being made. Also, there is a memberlist and search function. Hover over the "Home" tab at the top, and they're in the drop down menu.

Offline Aneeso

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 07:25:55 AM »
Don't you have a administration section? If so shouldn't this go in there? If don't then I recommend you create one :)
Nothing to see here.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 07:40:11 AM »

Forum-side suggestions.
1. Add a members list + search function. - There is already. Hold your mouse over home and they will appear in a dropdown box. 1 problem sorted.
2. Add a ban list with ban lengths, reasons and which admin banned him. - Eventho i already suggested this, please.
3. Add steam ID's to peoples profile pages. (This requires global linking, aka a mySQL server.) - Yes please.
4. Add peoples roleplay name on their profile page. (idem as ^) - There is already but it does not automaticly update. It would be nice it was linked to the one you actually have INGAME.
5. (Same as above) the name you have on the server shuld be the same name you have on the forum. So if you change name and join the server, it will change your name aswel.

But yea, these functions are almost a must have.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 08:25:50 AM »
Forum-side suggestions.
1. Add a members list + search function.
2. Add a ban list with ban lengths, reasons and which admin banned him.
3. Add steam ID's to peoples profile pages. (This requires global linking, aka a mySQL server.)
4. Add peoples roleplay name on their profile page. (idem as ^)

Half life 2 roleplay suggestions.
2. Perhaps an ingame report system? (What I mean is a way for people to report rulebreakers ingame which makes a log of console, and sends it as well at the players information to either the forum, or a sort of email system ingame.)

Forum-side suggestions
1. Hover over "Home" and select "Members" for that.
2. This is coming soon. However, bans aren't currently logged into MySQL, but actually in a .txt file, which is impossible to link to the forums.
3. Same as #2.
4. Same as #2 unless you mean allowing people to manually put their names (which I believe is already available).

Half life 2 roleplay suggestions
1. Use "aura_adminesp 1".
2. "/report" sent to admins in-game would be simple, but sent to the forums might be tough to do. I'll talk with RoflWaffle about a way to do this.

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 09:34:46 AM »
2. This is coming soon. However, bans aren't currently logged into MySQL, but actually in a .txt file, which is impossible to link to the forums.
3. Same as #2.
4. Same as #2 unless you mean allowing people to manually put their names (which I believe is already available).

Both GMR and HL2RP are set up with MySQL and have everything working including bans etc., but HRP is not yet set up with MySQL.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:37:32 AM by Tomasas »
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Aneeso

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 10:22:43 AM »
Is it possible for a have a function in server where if the user needs an administrator they'll press 'F9' and the admins will rechieve an message via Forums...

Let me make this more clear...
If they're no admins on the server, a user will press F9 to call an administrator on the server. The admins will get the message via forums.
Does this make sense? It'll be a really really cool function.

P.S I have no lack of knowledge of coding, lua, etc etc.
Nothing to see here.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 01:07:19 PM »
Is it possible for a have a function in server where if the user needs an administrator they'll press 'F9' and the admins will rechieve an message via Forums...

Let me make this more clear...
If they're no admins on the server, a user will press F9 to call an administrator on the server. The admins will get the message via forums.
Does this make sense? It'll be a really really cool function.

P.S I have no lack of knowledge of coding, lua, etc etc.

It is possible yes. You can make a command in the chat like /forum message that will print what you say into the FORUMS shoutbox. Would indeed be nice to have.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 09:05:33 PM »
2. "/report" sent to admins in-game would be simple, but sent to the forums might be tough to do. I'll talk with RoflWaffle about a way to do this.

Read that. That explains what your asking.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 07:49:19 AM »

Read that. That explains what your asking.

Who are you quoting? Me or Aneeso?
I was replying to Aneeso asking if it was possible to send messages to admins from the server to the forum.

Shatteredz

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 07:03:49 PM »
I like the suggestions, I think it may bring it more people. +1 support!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal