Author Topic: Request Devices  (Read 4216 times)

Offline Ghosteh

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Request Devices
« on: October 12, 2011, 01:11:38 PM »
Recently I have reported a lot by using Request Devices and no CCA ever responds to them. I have reported weapons,Anti-Civil people and contraband and yet none of the CCA ever respond. I also approached a CP and they listened I told them it and they just walked away and did nothing. Please deal with this since there would be no point in Request Devices if nobody answerd.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Request Devices
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 01:15:19 PM »
This is true, I make request all the time and it seems as if they are just ignored.  When I'm on my CCA I try my hardest to respond to all of them, but if I don't have a partner theres not much I can do seeing as how I'm only a recruit.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 04:55:52 PM »
While i also agree, when i make requests, GOOD Valid requests, they don't even bother to answer with a "we'll get back to you, sit tight"

but i do understand that CP's get incredibly busy sometimes, but not All the time..

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 05:11:58 PM »
I am guilty of this. I try my best but I have trouble paying attention to request when I'm talking to someone.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 05:57:20 PM »
Sometimes we're really busy with training, intergation/detaining, sweeps or we're just short handed. The #1 reason we don't answer them is that we're busy, or that recruits (Like me) need a partner to patrol with when none are avalible.
So I say sorry if they aren't answered. Sometimes we're just really busy.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 06:26:33 PM »
Whenever im flagged up I always deal with requests, as I am an 03 but if I never do its because im most likely preacupied.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Ghosteh

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 11:46:31 AM »
Yeah, I do understand how busy you all are but sometimes people just don't answer them. I was suprised to see that nobody showed up to like 4 level 1 violators and even level 1 contra (Weapons) They should make a rule that can deal with this unless you're REALLY busy.

resistance0123

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 11:56:39 AM »
The thing we should do is probably put a little icon that fades through an amount of time. The icon is put on top of the requesting device. (If the player drops the requesting device, then the icon is on the device. If he is holding on to it, he's the icon.) So basicly mabye we can do that, it informs CP's much much easier, they are wearing those gasmasks too afterall, or mabye even might be tracked in the data pad.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 03:11:28 PM »
The thing we should do is probably put a little icon that fades through an amount of time. The icon is put on top of the requesting device. (If the player drops the requesting device, then the icon is on the device. If he is holding on to it, he's the icon.) So basicly mabye we can do that, it informs CP's much much easier, they are wearing those gasmasks too afterall, or mabye even might be tracked in the data pad.

a good idea, i'd support it

Offline Calstifer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 04:17:41 PM »
-snip-
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:49:46 AM by Calstifer-Good night & Good luc »

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 09:01:03 PM »
I understand being busy and the request being in areas that you can't enter, because I have a CCA myself, but I've made requests units have just walked by, looked at me, then walked away and when I go after them calling "officer" they just keep walking or go back inside the Nexus.  Some units just aren't doing what they're supposed to, I would reccomend that the HC start watching for stuff like that.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 08:15:19 AM »
Here's the deal take into account how many fake request's we get a day, then take into account all the shit we have to do once we catch the person. Im going to be honest it's not fun to have to detain people because we have to fill out paper work,babysit them in detainment, and get bitched at ooc'ly. This thread is kind of pissing me off, people busy with actual rp should not have to be trouble with a bunch of lolwebuls that decide to flash guns that is just my opinion.
And it's annoying as fuck when a guy runs up to you saying occifer occifer help! And when we actually do help you bitch because we forget to give you loyalist points, that should not be your motive you should have been genuinely afraid of people with weapons.

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 11:16:28 AM »
CCA are indeed busy, but not all of the time. Yes, they train and interrogate. But all of the units, at the same time?

On another note, are you sure it's in the correct format? Requests not in the correct format will be ignored(The format is seen when you begin typing /request, not hard to follow).

Offline Ghosteh

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »
Yeah I did perfectly correct format even gave more details and still I saw units just walking around streets ignoring us and it was my CWU char that should have made them beleive me a little more  ???

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 01:13:18 PM »
Note: This is NOT directed to the entire CCA.  I know that because I was with Ghost when certain officers were just ignoring the requests, and they were most definitely in the correct format.  How could you be busy and not be able to respond to a request if all you're doing is patrolling the plaza?  I'm gonna leave it with this; I just think some officers expect someone else to respond to requests so they don't bother. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal