Author Topic: I wish there was a way to ask superdumb questions anonymously...  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Lord Bravery

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Like there are some questions I feel really dumb asking because the answers are prolly obvious to anyone who has been around a while and I think it would be a good idea to have some way to submit them for public review except anonymously.

Then again that would be horrible because so many people would abuse the system.

Maybe if it had some kind of time limit and if you didn't figure it out on your own before your wait / screening period was up, then....

Or maybe if all of the questions were reviewed by moderators before posted for public answer. Or maybe if a moderator or group of moderators could answer the questions themselves. Kind of like a formspring or something.

Idk this is mostly just me being embarrassed and not wanting to ruin my good name. What good name lol

Offline El Sofa Fuerte

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I wish there was a way to ask superdumb questions anonymously...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 10:20:01 PM »
There is no superdumb questions. I work at a computer repair shop and regularly I have people come in asking why the computer wont start, and proceed to flip the PSU's switch to On. It does not bring me any satisfaction to ridicule them(though I never did). There is only douche answers.

Drake Osiris : Alive

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 10:27:18 PM »
Helpdesk > Private ticket.

Offline Lord Bravery

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 12:18:40 AM »
El Sofa Fuerte made me feel better about myself :D

And then SOTF made me feel like a supedumb.

LOL

you gaise are great

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 07:04:11 AM »
You can PM me if you want, im on like 90% of the time and would be willing to reply to whatever you ask.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline vFear?

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 07:10:59 AM »
There is no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. Those who provide an answer that stupid as what I've seen before such as 'hur your a noob answer newfag rage' should be stripped of all position and banned.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 07:26:12 AM »
With the exception of spam, all boards are to be taken seriously and answered seriously. If people make posts such as "Lol ur n00b omgawd lol u no knuh that?" then it is most likely seen as either trolling, flaming, or postwhoring which are all against the rules.

So as said before: There are no dumb questions. If you don't know something, feel free to answer them and there is always someone who likes to help you out.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 07:44:29 AM »
As the others said: No dumb questions, only dumb answers. But if you really feel embarrassed about a question, just send me a PM and I'll answer it as best as I can.

Offline Lord Bravery

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 01:10:44 PM »
:,D :,D :,D

Offline Mr.Missalot

• Awards [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 09:05:47 AM »
I'm currently working in a place where the only crime is, not asking if you don't know what to do.

It aint never a crime to ask. Catalyst-gaming community is probably the best communities out there.(well that's at least what i think)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal