Author Topic: The CCA ( Pubic Debate )  (Read 4041 times)

Offline Nuke

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The CCA ( Pubic Debate )
« on: October 06, 2011, 01:32:56 AM »
( Warning this topic is design to

As it stands right now from my own eyes I see that the CCA is broken badly. From the Rcts to the SeC every part is broken.
Lets start from the top.

High Command

This is from my own first end account of this matter . From my years of playing hl2rp I have see many command set up but this one seem to be worst of all.  First off we have the Sector Commander. This is all I see from each of them. The 2 active one try to out do each other while the 3rd is never active. One SeC counter another SeC and so on and so on. The commander in the mean time are in a nut shell are in this fashion. One is never on anymore due to other priority. The 2nd is never IC and always blows himself up. The 3rd is try to do the SeC job because they are always fighting with each other and that commander is trying to be the middle man. The DvL and OfC have active problems and can barely get anything done because of the SeC war that going on and the lack of feedbacks from other units including the right answers. Also there seem to be no forgiveness for any mistakes what so ever.

How you fix it

First thing first and this always works the best. Get rid of all the SeC and Commanders. This always create a problem but in the next step I will tell you how it is fix. We need to have the star command set up. What is star well it simple. There are 5 points on the star each is a division and a center. Each division is broken down like this. Assault , Defense , Tech , Medical , Intel. Each division has a DvL and a OfC like we have right now. The DvL job is simple as they would only have 3 jobs. Training , Review , and Voting . Training is pretty much self explaining right there. Review is the next job. The job of the DvL is to review matter in there division and so called on in another division if there a conflict of interests. Voting is where each DvL will vote on the matter that the CCA needed. Each DvL has 20% Control of the CCA and no one DvL is higher then the other. Majority rule is needed to pass any changes to the CCA after a debate in a private forum.  The OfC job is the same as the DvL in everything but the voting. They may vote in the DvL place under these 2 guild lines. If the DvL is perm kill , If the DvL is out of town.  Voting will take 3 days and after that time majority vote wins. Now what is the center of the star. Well the the Commander . He has only 2 jobs. Making sure the force runs right and making sure that the DvL do not screw up anything that would cost the server plays. He never need to be in game unless he wanted to . He can also vold the rule the DvL passes. But the DvL can counter by bring it to the full CCA for a vote.

Now the there is a fail safe to the DvL that everyone in the CCA can use even against inactive DvL. After every 2 months a vote will be put up to make sure the DvL stay or goes away. The vote will be put up for everyone in that division to vote on the DvL. If the vote is in favor of the DvL he stays for 2 more months in control of that Division. If the DvL fail the vote then he is remove and his OfC is also remove. Then the Division will vote on a 01+ to fill that vold. There is a 2nd fail safe as well . If the division feel that a rule pass by the DvL is not right then they can go to the one of the other DvL for a review of the rule in question and have that DvL submit it for a vote to the full DvL team.

Now about punishment there will be a range that all CCA unit have and I do mean all. First off if a high command unit make a small mistake that can be easly then he should be warned by another high commanded unit and not toss right out on his ass for it. Everyone makes mistakes and no one is the best at everything. If the unit messes up badly then the other DvLs can vote to remove him or suspend him.

Rest of the CCA

What I see is poorly train units and poorly run units. Some don't even know what to do anymore. The RcTs get poor training and some are killed for even the most basic of mistakes that anyone can make.

How you fix it

Under the start system there are tiers. Each unit will be place in a tiers. There are 4 tiers for the main CCA and one Tiers for the Rcts.
The 4 Teirs are 01,02,03, and 04 like we have it now but there a catch . To move out the tier and into the next one in your division you much complete the basic training of that rank and the special training of your division for that tier . Then you must submit a application to your DvL for promotion and you will only be allow to submit 2 applications a months for that tier you wanted promotion for. Rcts are not place in a division but instead place into a pool where all DvL and unit appoint by the DvL will train them in the basics. Then each Rct will full out a application to move to the division that wanted to join.

( I will fill out more later but it 1:30 AM in the morning and I need sleep. Also this is a debate so debate )

Offline RKSSmithno13

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The CCA ( Pubic Debate )
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 01:49:49 AM »
On the topic of training, what I saw in my and other's training was a basic IC training just so you could say you'd been trained. Most of the info you were required to get on your own OOCly. When I was first a RCT, I honestly had NO idea what to do, even after my rushed training.

LET THE PUBIC DEBATE BEGIN.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:55:03 AM by RKS | Smithno13 »

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 02:11:31 AM »
I have found that as you go up higher in rank you get less training because no higher up units can be bothered doing them, and they are busy training the cr00ts (we haven't had any recruits in a while) are enough people getting training permits?
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Calstifer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 02:52:10 AM »
-snip-
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:58:16 AM by Calstifer-Good night & Good luc »

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 02:58:50 AM »
I agree with most things here, however I don't think it would be a good idea to screw around with the squads. The squads we have are currently fine as they are. (UNION, APEX, GRID, NOVA.) Each DvL has 25% control of the Union. To fiddle with that would mean an organization nightmare, which we don't need on that matter.

Everything else on an early morning skim-over seems fine.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 03:32:31 AM »
What if your DvL's do what you claim is happening to the SeCs, are you going to suggest we remove the DvLs at that point? What if it then happens to the OfC's? Remove them next?

Personally speaking, I don't fight with my commanders nor do they fight with me, I can't speak on behalf of RTLK and Toy as I am not them.

The idea with the star command is basically what we have already, again personally speaking I go to my commanders with the idea I have and I get their votes on it, of course I don't have to but I do. Again I can't speak for RTLK or Toy (sorry if I seem to be covering up my own ass, I don't intend on it).

In the end we all do what is best for the CCA, things sometimes may not work out as we plan but shit happens. Most of the time (Like a lot of people) RTLK is busy with work and such and Toy is busy with schooling and other things in his personal life so we try and communicate as much as possible to discuss ideas and agree on them, but this is partially why we have the command, we get their views and opinions on the idea and then with that either depending on the idea whether it be major or minor will determine whether the entire sectorial command has to agree or just the one sectorial commander that can implement the suggestion/idea.

Offline Calstifer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 03:47:21 AM »
-snip-
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:58:18 AM by Calstifer-Good night & Good luc »

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 04:58:01 AM »
What I would suggest and this used to be at my old community. Is that the SeC's act as the chairmen for the company, the CmD's act as the vicechairmen and the DvL's act as the board. Now, as DvL's are the board and make up the divisions, maybe ideas are passed down to them following the chain. So just say an election came up after say two months to elect new SeC's or keep them, the voting will begin through the CmD's and move down the the DvL's. The DvL's would see what CmD is next in line. If they believe one or two and so on good for that role they can have it, if not. The DvL's would get a shot at SeC and or replace the CmD's.

The main idea of this is just that the HC get more organised in plans and ideas. Causing a more of a democracy then a dictatorship that the CCA currently is. Yes, ICly the CCA should be a dictatorship, but OOCly it should not. As no one here is a trained fucking commander of an Army.  ;)
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Nuke

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 06:41:26 AM »
What if your DvL's do what you claim is happening to the SeCs, are you going to suggest we remove the DvLs at that point? What if it then happens to the OfC's? Remove them next?

Personally speaking, I don't fight with my commanders nor do they fight with me, I can't speak on behalf of RTLK and Toy as I am not them.

The idea with the star command is basically what we have already, again personally speaking I go to my commanders with the idea I have and I get their votes on it, of course I don't have to but I do. Again I can't speak for RTLK or Toy (sorry if I seem to be covering up my own ass, I don't intend on it).

In the end we all do what is best for the CCA, things sometimes may not work out as we plan but shit happens. Most of the time (Like a lot of people) RTLK is busy with work and such and Toy is busy with schooling and other things in his personal life so we try and communicate as much as possible to discuss ideas and agree on them, but this is partially why we have the command, we get their views and opinions on the idea and then with that either depending on the idea whether it be major or minor will determine whether the entire sectorial command has to agree or just the one sectorial commander that can implement the suggestion/idea.

I am reading what you said but it seem you missing the point. The OfC is more like the vice president of the division that is appointed by the current DvL. If the current DvL dies then the OfC take over to finish the DvL term and yes I am suggesting removing them if they become a problem. This will solve a problem when real life is to much for them to keep playing. This system act as a fail safe to make sure that they are always active. Also tell me this

How do you remove a SeC from command if they go power mad or become inactive ?

At lease I am putting something on the table in the way for the community to control and to make sure that the CCA is run the best that it can be. A system that make sure the people running it can atlease be active. I am also offering a way to control the people running so that it aids the community.  All I see from each of the SeC is this. When one make a change then when the other come on and make a change to the change and then when the other one come back on then he changes it back and so on and so on. What I wanted to see is change to the CCA not beating around the bush at the problem or not being able to solve a problem because of the other high command.  You can look at Grid for the example. Everytime I take a action in Grid it was always change behind my back and then the same problem come back and I have to deal with it another way untill it eat up my time and I can no longer do other task because of it.

The CCA need to change majorly or else it will just be the same problems over and over again. I will post the rest on the top of this topic later.

Offline Calstifer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 07:11:59 AM »
-snip-
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:57:01 AM by Calstifer-Good night & Good luc »

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 10:48:59 AM »
I like your idea in a few ways nuke.

I'd just like to insert a quote I love and know is right for here;

"They keep peace and command, but who watches the watchers?"
That is the problem with everything. That keeps happening.

what

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 12:03:30 PM »
Personally, I don't like this idea.

Why? Because of few reasons:
1) It'll make CCA even more (a lot more) complicated than it is now.
2) Inactivity of the CmDs or SeCs is not a reason to remove those ranks.
3) DvLs already have enough power, they are in charge 90% of the time when CmDs/SeCs are offline. Why do they need more?
4) Debating over who will get DvL position after submit application (applications spam incoming) will be a base for friend-politics.
5) Votings, counter-votings, what is this? Massive flamewars are more than likely to happen.
6) Votings every two months = bad idea. Unnecessary changes to the divisions, and no way to integrate.
7) Applications to join division for RCTs? Complicating training? Just no.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 12:32:25 PM »
SeC is gay and DvLs should decide stuff because SeC is never active

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 01:51:43 PM »
Alright my idea. Start the HC again. OfC's and DvLs are being sorted but we need 1 SeC and 2 Commanders. RTLK has other stuff to do anyway. Raiden started and just stopped (I haven't seen him online) And ROFL doesn't really need a CmD he is never IC.

Also on the new roster have an inactive check. If a unit doesn't log on their name goes to red so the DvL+ can see who is active.

We need a complete shakeup of units, all inactives gone, HC sorting and new rules for the CCA put in place by a new SeC. I have an idea for a good SeC but i wont say. Also i think that this SeC will need to do the voting thing for big ideas and also BIG ideas should be checked with rofl or RTLK just so they maintain a certian amount of control of the CCA.

This is just my idea but yeah.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 04:30:09 AM »
Alright my idea. Start the HC again. OfC's and DvLs are being sorted but we need 1 SeC and 2 Commanders. RTLK has other stuff to do anyway. Raiden started and just stopped (I haven't seen him online) And ROFL doesn't really need a CmD he is never IC.

Also on the new roster have an inactive check. If a unit doesn't log on their name goes to red so the DvL+ can see who is active.

We need a complete shakeup of units, all inactives gone, HC sorting and new rules for the CCA put in place by a new SeC. I have an idea for a good SeC but i wont say. Also i think that this SeC will need to do the voting thing for big ideas and also BIG ideas should be checked with rofl or RTLK just so they maintain a certian amount of control of the CCA.

This is just my idea but yeah.
If you actually read the roster, you would realise that rofl has given his CmD to skeptik after a huge vote, and rofl being a sensible and mature person.
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal