Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Adventure mode diary thread.  (Read 9560 times)

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Diary(s) of the Vilelandipi's. A DF adventure story.
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 12:28:27 AM »
New character, interesting logs, you do better than me at adventure though, lol.  I always die because of bogeymen.  I can never get a group put together because no one likes the dwarf in the human cities.  I'm reading guides though, also, permission to you your thread to post my logs?

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dwarf Fortress Adventure mode diary thread.
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 04:15:41 PM »
9th Malchite, 125
It seems merely yesterday I was a young, 12 year old dwarf, entering manhood, with my very first mace. I was quickly appointed head of the militia, and after a few days of this, I was re-appointed to Hammerer.(Hammering = Dwarven Exicution) I have left my Mountain home, in search for glory, honor, and companions who understand the meaning of trust. As I write this I am in a human fort, recruiting soldiers to fight for glory, they are eager, but it seems my name is unknown in this area.  I shall make sure they know the name Nil Thocitrigoth (Litteral Translate = Hammer Spikescraft) when I am finished here, I suppose I should first go hunting… sadly my only truly dwarven equipment I still hold is my shield, a fine steel Shield. My mace is of Iron, I do hope I may get a bronze one soon, as this will perhaps dent the skulls of puny elves, but against Human foes it will do little. I wonder what human booze tastes like…

I recruited three troops… here are their names, and ranks.

10th Malchite, 125
This “Lord” had the silly idea of saying to my face “You!?  What chance do you have against the monsters of this world? Maybe one of my subjects has need of you. Begone!” When I asked him if there was any good hunting around here. I’ll show him… Tommorow, we set out for adventure! I hope theres some elves around… Maybe I can get the wrestler to break all their bones….

FUUUU- How do I delete polls?
Johanan, I changed evething now, read first post. :D
Ma new character is a dorf, In case that wasn' clear.
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's not a skirt."
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's a dress."

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »
Awesome, thanks Bokslag.

Hopefully my new game doesn't end like my last.
Spoiler for Hiden:
My head got lopped off my an Ogre after he cut off both of my arms.  Johanan IV died a horrible , gruesome, death.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 11:34:26 PM »
Interesting...i've always wanted to try DF, i hear the learning curve is horrible...always put me off trying it. (Deleted the poll for you)

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 01:24:53 AM »
The learning curve is absolutely TERRIBLE.

Here's a free read because practice makes best.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Fun

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 02:00:11 AM »
Logs of Johanan Uxenutdar

Day 1

Went to pursue a possible treasure somewhere south hope I find something.

Day 2

The possible treasure was nothing, I'm heading back to the town I woke up in

DAMN BOGEYMEN, So much for Johanan V

Well, I found this to be appropriate for the length of my adventure.

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 11:38:34 AM »
Logs of Johanan Uxenutdar

First thing you should do is Travel to the Nearest fort, recruit some soldiers from the fort. They are more willing to leave their posts than citizens are wlling to come travel with you. (why the fuck does the king hire these guys? The first person they see they're just like "HURR I FOLLOW U"..
While on world map open your |m|ap and fin the O (Or o or 0 or whatever) symbol, or whatever forts look like in that tileset.

To monkey with a gun Learning curve? I think you mean a slight slope, that leads to a BRICK WALL.

(Games very hard, but Losing is Fun!)

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 03:52:48 PM »
17th Malchite, 125
A villager informed me of a Hag mate of evil nearby, I slayed it, but we suffered casualties. Here is the new troop list

I think the axemen are welcome additions. I look forward to seeing their prowess, let's see if that silly lord changed his mind....

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 04:45:29 PM »
About to start a new adventure.

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 07:29:06 PM »
I officially love horseback riding, just went for the first time. Epic.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 07:38:16 PM »
Cool, didn't bother writing about my last adventure, I was too far out in the wilderness, got attacked by bogeymen, and we killed them all, but I bled out Dx

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 06:11:41 PM »
I made my own species. I AM SO HAPPY. They're like.. a mix of dwarf and goblin, and they have two "Castes". One has wings.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 08:03:15 PM »
I'm using three versions.  One is modded with Automaton Fortress.  One is "My little fortress mod"(MLP mod) and the other is vanilla.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 02:33:29 AM »
This may or may not be a necro post, but rather than making a whole new thread on DF, I'll post in here as it is the exact topic.  Basically, I posted this here becaue I didn't feel this was "Un-serious" enough for spam.  Details regarding the world, race, story, etc... Can be found at http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=6650.msg51885#msg51885

The Journal of Utes Dusnaogom Ospum Dub
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Journey of Utes "Ironblood the Hammer of Evil"

Year, 10,001
Exact Date, Unknown
Relative date: Day 1

I have left the safety of the tower in journey for greater things than besieging those pesky dwarves, or taking on a task such as carving bones.  I left with my hammer, some armor, and a journal.  I find myself in these terrifying fields, filled with the strangest of plants.  Since my young days in the tower I have never been outside.  The towers glassy obsidian was comforting to me, and now, these plants, these terrifying plants and horrific creatures, slowly tear at my sanity.

I decided to seek shelter from the horrors outside, strangely enough there was, what appeared to be, a shelter nearby, looked like something other than goblin had made it.

Click to see the original size.

I decided to enter, upon entry I heard a loud, deep voice from inside, it was apparent that something big lived there, and he was pissed at my intrusion.
As I stood there, I was struck by fear, I didn't know whether to blindly charge forward, or to run, but as it got closer, it stopped, and started rambling on about the heroes he had killed and that I was next.
I ran, and I ran far, I didn't stop running until the Xogak was in the middle of the sky.  I had lost it, I was lucky enough to not become its next meal or piece of furniture.  As I took a moment to rest I was assaulted by two flying creatures that looked like what the tower milita said were "Harpies"  I escaped the battle with minor wounds, just a few scratches, but I managed to get harpy blood on my hammer, 2 harpies dead, and 1 goblin still standing.  This may one of my proudest moments, but as sundown nears, I'll need to find shelter.  An abandoned cave may do well, and if I'm lucky, a nearby tower.

The Harpies were everywhere, as I began to search frantically for shelter I ran into two more, these ones did more damage.  The more aggressive of the two managed to knock me down and clamp on to my right arm, I only managed to shack him off after he had seriously damaged it.  He then struck my left arm, and then my right again, and my stomach.  Eventually I killed them, but I walked away with a serious injury to my right arm.

After traveling a great distance I was ambushed, Goblins!  It appears that in my journey I crossed into territory owned by "The terrors of Circumstance" territory.  An enemy goblin faction they were too many for me to fight, I managed to outrun most of them, being mostly armored in light material and leather clothing.  Except for one, a wrestler, he didn't do too well, he managed to land a blow, but it hit my well armored chest.  The blow didn't do anything, I managed to knock him down and smash his face in with my hammer, as I pulled the hammer back it had certain items I wish it wouldn't, on it I could spot feathers, stuck to the hammer by blood, brain matter, of harpies and the freshly killed goblin, as well as small pieces of bone from my enemies skulls.

As I lye here, barely able to keep trained on my writing, outside, I hope, that the creatures that lurk in the night don't get me, if any of those old stories are true, then the Bogeyman may kill me in my sleep.  I just hope they don't find in huddled in this small cave on the side of a lair.  Well, hopefully I will write in the morning, if the Bogeymen don't get me.

*I didn't get attacked by Bogeymen sleeping outside, so the journal will continue*

At least the minotaur didn't kill me, I would have never been able to take on a semi-megabeast immediately.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:21:48 PM by Johanan Strangeman »

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 02:38:22 PM »
The Journal of Utes Dusnaogom Ospum Dub

Year, 10,001
Exact Date, Unknown
Relative date: Day 2

I woke up, surprisingly I was not attacked by any creatures during my slumber.  But as I turned the corner of the lair I was outside of, harpies, again...  These ones moved fast and caught me off guard, they managed to do very little damage though.  As I climbed up and around the lair, I spotted another harpy, again, light damage, and again, it died.  As I walked away from my fresh kill, ANOTHER FUCKING HARPY?  This world must have a ton of them.

As I traveled to the east I was ambushed by harpies, they were easily dispatched.  This will be a short entry as this day seemed to pass by fast.  I managed to find a cave to take refuge in for the night.  As long as nothing else lives in here I should be fine, but I must add, that by going in here, I found 3 dead corpses, much armor made out of iron, and coins of every type.

*I was able to sleep and not die.*

Day 3

Special things happened today, well first off, when I woke up I decided to try and travel deeper into the cave, well it was occupied, by a large beast, from my bestiary I managed to find that it matched the description of an Ettin.  I managed to escape.  I traveled east once again, I found an abandoned lair, well, abandoned for the most part.  On the approach to the lair I was attacked by harpies, cave sows, vultures, and a Troll!  All of which I managed to kill with relative ease.  Once again, a short day.

*Sleeping*

I died on day 5 when knocked out by something and pecked to death by buzzards
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 03:08:25 PM by Johanan Strangeman »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal