Author Topic: What about CWU?  (Read 3396 times)

Offline The Viper

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What about CWU?
« on: September 26, 2011, 08:27:17 PM »
Not to sound rude, but what exactly is so good about being in CWU? I would think CCA would be more fun. Is there any bonus? Is joining CWU really worth it? Im trying to choose whether I should join CCA, or CWU...

37736: I resigned my position as SL, RP got bland, and I just don't have what it takes.

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What about CWU?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 02:36:44 AM »
Well as a CWU you get:
  • Two rations
  • More respect from the CCA
  • Ability to have a speciality in Medical or Business
  • More control over your own actions, less authoritive.
  • More entertainment than a CCA
There's quite a bit more too.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Don Captain

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 02:58:25 PM »
Well as a CWU you get:
  • Two rations
  • More respect from the CCA
  • Ability to have a speciality in Medical or Business
  • More control over your own actions, less authoritive.
  • More entertainment than a CCA
There's quite a bit more too.

Not really
by joining the CWU you get

Two Rations, ability to possess certain contraband items, the ability to do business and medical. That's all you get. Just because your in the CWU doesn't put you above a citizen, it just makes you 'more than just a loyalist,' you aren't exempted from anything besides the medical stuff. If you fuck up in the CWU, I, personally, would punish you more, because you're supposed to be setting an example. But that's just me.

The benefits are there, there's also lots of RP, but right now the CWU seems to just want to implement a lot of CCA like things in their ranks.
James Morgan/UNIFORM-OfC.620 - City 18 - Alive
Johnathan Stapeur - City 18 Outer Canals - Alive
Unknown/UU.OTA.REAPER-9.76620 - Outlands - Alive
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: Stick you Spontanious Judgement Device
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: In my QUantum Physics hole

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 03:27:46 PM »
Don't even know who you are.

But, we get more respect from the CCA than the average citizen. I never said it puts us above them.

I believe it's more entertaining, there aren't such strict rules in place. People have raged over blackmarks.

You'd punish me? I still don't know who you are.

We're not implementing things like the CCA, the ranks are completely different. Tier 3-1, Bus/Med Commander, Co-organiser, Organiser.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 03:49:52 PM »
I think he was refering to you implementing blackmarkds. But regardless I don't know what that guy is saying, but as a CWU your requests are generally taken more seriously, same with reports. We also tend to give you some leeway in certain areas, and no I'm not just speaking for me. I agree with the second post, there are many advanteges RP wise for joining the CWU and I plan on doing so soon.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 04:00:49 PM »
I added in the blackmark system because it makes the most sense and i needed a quick system to punish and be a deter bad behavior, it was that or using something childish like a smiley face for good people and a frowny face for bad.

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 04:11:32 PM »

But, we get more respect from the CCA than the average citizen. I never said it puts us above them.

What I find funny is that I will still beat the hell out of/kill who ever thinks this its wrong.

We treat you no better AND you get punished harsher than a normal citizen.

That white coat that you guys wear means NOTHING to us.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline SaoulZod

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 04:39:28 PM »

What I find funny is that I will still beat the hell out of/kill who ever thinks this its wrong.

Pretty much everything Jugger said.

you ban me for such bad reason u just cant understand the level of depth i roleplay on i am just far better roleplayer than u lol play half life 2 and then come back 2 this server plz
*sigh*
chunkeymonkey79: please get the entire CG community and uproot Saoul and RTLK
Thanks, Chunkey.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 05:01:03 PM »

Funny i was told different by a SeC... And i suggest shutting your fucking trap acting all "Tough guy".  You dont scare me.

From the CA & SeC i was told icly and oocly that the CWU were to be given better respect.  But if they actually do something to be detained they got beat shitless.  Like i had set before.  way to go the hc has fucked up more.

If anyone has not stated yet:

The CWU (Civil Workers Union) are a large group of Loyalist who basically keep the city running by cleaning the streets, UCH.  Setting up shops and selling issued goods.  And much, much more.

Also if no one told you yet the average recruit has a 50/50 chance of living to see his promotion.  CWU you never die unless your dumb.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 05:03:11 PM by Attorney Rainbow Dash »

Offline Don Captain

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 05:27:32 PM »
Don't even know who you are.

I believe it's more entertaining, there aren't such strict rules in place. People have raged over blackmarks.

You'd punish me? I still don't know who you are.

We're not implementing things like the CCA, the ranks are completely different. Tier 3-1, Bus/Med Commander, Co-organiser, Organiser.

I'm UNION OfC 620, nice to meet you.

I'd punish you more IC if you where a CWU worker because you're supposed to be setting an example to citizens.

I'm meaning ranks like CmD, I honestly find it stupid to get people blackmarks, because what's gonna happen at 3? CWU can't OWR. They can request CPs to amputate, but it'd better be for a good damned reason.

That white coat doesn't give you more respect, I treat CWU like citizens, regardless. Everyone is capable of doing bad things, even if they're CWU.

If you want something like CmD put: Business Director and Medical Director, instead of Commander.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 05:44:42 PM »
Siera Ponikvar (Medical Director) Instead of Siera Ponikvar (Medical.CmD) The first makes her name way to big and is why we changed it from (Medical Commander/Business Commander) All those situations make our names way to long and pointless. Director makes no sense as she is not the director of anything, she is the commander of a small group of people in the Medical tier same for John Bourne and the Business tier who then report to me and Ted.

You are assuming that blackmarks are as bad as they are in the CCA and that they lead to OWR. Blackmarks are only given out if you do something extremely stupid, doing something that would warrant OWR would be handled with a OWR and not a blackmark. Three blackmarks in the CWU (granted you did not do something stupid) just leaves you being kicked out of the CWU and that character permanantly removed from the CWU. (OOC blacklists sometimes also needed)

Offline Don Captain

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 03:32:55 AM »
Siera Ponikvar (Medical Director) Instead of Siera Ponikvar (Medical.CmD) The first makes her name way to big and is why we changed it from (Medical Commander/Business Commander) All those situations make our names way to long and pointless. Director makes no sense as she is not the director of anything, she is the commander of a small group of people in the Medical tier same for John Bourne and the Business tier who then report to me and Ted.

You are assuming that blackmarks are as bad as they are in the CCA and that they lead to OWR. Blackmarks are only given out if you do something extremely stupid, doing something that would warrant OWR would be handled with a OWR and not a blackmark. Three blackmarks in the CWU (granted you did not do something stupid) just leaves you being kicked out of the CWU and that character permanantly removed from the CWU. (OOC blacklists sometimes also needed)

You know you could always abbreviate Director right..?

And do you even know what it means to DIRECT? It doesn't need to be a very large group.

Definition of direct:

1. To manage or conduct the affairs of; regulate.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 04:49:35 AM by Don Captain »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal